• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do not eat buffet at LINGZHI

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
was having vegetarian with my li'l brother leetahsar at LINGZHI in velocity. the buffet was priced at $24.80 ++. presumably, it would be a total of $29.19. my pal n i in the end paid about $64.

it wasn't a buffet served out sportingly. it was one with many hidden pesky details. i won't wanna patronise that place again :((

for a buffet, it was indeed surprising that u were not served with the usual coffee, tea or at leaast plain water. even for the last item which i asked, it was chargeable needless to say for the chinese tea too.

not only that, they served u a small sauce of braised soy sauced peanut. that they also charged $1. what a crap!!

the veggie buffet suppose to come with a hotpot. do u know that u gotta to pay $2 for the soup which mean it was another $4 for the soup base for 2 persons? crap, isn't it??

verdict: NOT WORTH IT!

no wonder when it was lunch time, there were only 4 occupied tables.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this vegan restaurant belongs to TUNGLOK group which now ve made me understand why it doesn't make profit for so many years.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
A better value for money veggie buffet would be at Quality Hotel at balestier rd. it's run by taiwanese and have 100+. just the beverages alone which are free, there are many choices u can select.

the must try item would be their veggie laksa and veggie chicken rice. the array of veggie foods are very interesting.

reservations have to be made. warning: it's always very crowded.

do not be surprised if u see nuns and monks dining there.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A better value for money veggie buffet would be at Quality Hotel at balestier rd. it's run by taiwanese and have 100+. just the beverages alone which are free, there are many choices u can select.

I have been to this restaurant. I think its $25++ but well worth it.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are willing to spend twenty six for vege meal which costs one tenth of the same at hawker centers.

and you complain about one dollar peanuts and tea?

are you trying to sun tan your life?

Vigilante911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on the taste buds that day when one eat there. Sometimes it's not worth it at all. Sometimes it does.
Well it depends...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
my li'l brother LTS told me that if a buffet starts charging petty things like peanuts, towels, tea, coffee and even plain water, that buffet obvious isn't very keen to serve and provide for the customers.

at quality hotel, the veggie buffet is fixed at one price and everything is provided. plain water included either in warm, cold or iced - it's all FREE and inclusive in the buffet.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on the taste buds that day when one eat there. Sometimes it's not worth it at all. Sometimes it does.
Well it depends...

LINGZHI serves hotpot with all the cheapo veggies. reckon their profit margin would be high. when they start charging for petty stuffs which initially customers thought are included, obviously when come to the paying time, we have the right to dispute.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
this vegan restaurant belongs to TUNGLOK group which now ve made me understand why it doesn't make profit for so many years.

Any recommendation for international buffet with good spread? I heard about the buffet at Fullerton Hotel. Is it good?

Bebeque

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more money they lose, the lesser their profit margin, the more expensive they will charge their products to recover for the lower volume of sales. However, it is a vicious cycle which lead to decline in patronage (little value for money for customers) and may eventually business failure. Hopefully, entrepreneurial owner can come out with some new business model to boost up his business. Tung Lok restaurants used to have good quality food at only slightly higher prices.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wah.........your Rep Pts very nice leh................i very tempted to reduce your tally leh.............LOL

Sure, please go ahead. It's only $19.90 for 1k points. Not enough for me to even call the cheapest chicken in Geylang :wink:

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lingzhi is a vegetarian place and i dont like the food there.Its not very tasty and is quite overpriced. We went to the one in the Orchard Rd area.

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any recommendation for international buffet with good spread? I heard about the buffet at Fullerton Hotel. Is it good?

Sunday brunch buffet used to be quite good I heard. Free flow of champagne if you are the drinking sort and can drink during that time of day. If you cant then forget it because you will be subsidising those who can drink.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sunday brunch buffet used to be quite good I heard. Free flow of champagne if you are the drinking sort and can drink during that time of day. If you cant then forget it because you will be subsidising those who can drink.

Thanks brother. I don't drink. Guess have to skip it unless really want to get my PRC gf wet. :biggrin:

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks brother. I don't drink. Guess have to skip it unless really want to get my PRC gf wet. :biggrin:

Alright then,I do drink but not at that time of day so I myself havent been to this particular buffet, but did hear that it was good.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Town Restaurant, Fullerton Hotel. A recent review from Tripadvisor.

“Go for Sunday Brunch”
9 Nov 2012 ScottyMcKenna
What better to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon then three hours of eating your favourite food and drinking unlimited Moët and Margaritas.

Excellent friendly service, well stocked food stations and all set in the beautiful and historical Fullerton hotel.

Plenty to choose from but our particular favourites were:

1. The Sushi/Sashimi Bar
2. The seafood
3. The Chinese Dumplings
4. The Roast meats
5 The risotto served from a wheel of cheese
6. The pan seared Foie gras and Scallops
7. The extensive choice of cakes, sweets, icecream, tarts, amazing!

We couldn't eat for the rest of the day!

I did a search and the price is 66/88 with 88 including sling and beer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my li'l brother LTS told me that if a buffet starts charging petty things like peanuts, towels, tea, coffee and even plain water, that buffet obvious isn't very keen to serve and provide for the customers.

at quality hotel, the veggie buffet is fixed at one price and everything is provided. plain water included either in warm, cold or iced - it's all FREE and inclusive in the buffet.

Sound something like they are operating like a budget airline.
Do they charge for using the rest room:smile:

If one has to constantly worry about all the charges, it will impact on the dinning experience:o