• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do I email to Attorney Chambers or Police Commissioner or who if my IO classify my...

search

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do I email to Attorney Chambers or Police Commissioner or who if my IO classify m

Can Try ; but his sec will ask the relevant dept to assist you .

Good Luck .

Commissioner of Police
CP NG Joo Hee
Tel : 64784000

Email : [email protected]

If his sec ask the relevant dept to reply, then will this "relevant dept" be a DIFFERENT person or different team from that IO or is it likely this so-called relevant dept is actually asking the same IO to reply us?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do I email to Attorney Chambers or Police Commissioner or who if my IO classify m

so does anyone knows?
Don't waste your time writing to the AGC. The police will tell you to proceed with a civil suit yourself. The AGC will take side with the police (because they are from the same paymaster) and tell you to act similar to what the police had said.

Trust me. I had a similar case on a traffic accident before and I'd even wrote to Teo Chee Hean to complain about the lax attitude on the Home Affairs ministry, but the end result was just as disappointing. All are Jiak Liao Bees.

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't waste your time writing to the AGC. The police will tell you to proceed with a civil suit yourself. The AGC will take side with the police (because they are from the same paymaster) and tell you to act similar to what the police had said.

Trust me. I had a similar case on a traffic accident before and I'd even wrote to Teo Chee Hean to complain about the lax attitude on the Home Affairs ministry, but the end result was just as disappointing. All are Jiak Liao Bees.

Do you know what is the email address of the Attorney Chambers?

And 2ndly, in comparison is it you think for this assault case, it is slightly better to email to the Police Commissioner compared to email to Attorney Chambers?

Last edited:
Y

Yip Hon

Do you know what is the email address of the Attorney Chambers?

And 2ndly, in comparison is it you think it is slightly better to email to the Police Commissioner compared to email to Attorney Chambers?

please share your story 1st can ?

bros here will give u all the emails addresses u wanted .

full story please ?

Y

Yip Hon

I have a very important query and I hope someone can provide the correct answer to my query.

Recently my close relative was assaulted by 2 strangers,

The injuries my relative suffered are very serious but they are no fractures of bones.

The police IO handling this case had now classified this case as a Non-seizable section 323 case, this means my relative will have to hire his own lawyer to sue his 2 assailants.

Can someone tell me if we want to seek redress from the higher authorities on why this case wasn't classified as a seizable Section 325 causing grevious hurt case, who should we email to? Should we email to ATTORNEY CHAMBERS or POLICE COMMISSIONER or who??

please tell the truth . is it you yourself got assaulted ?

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which stupid IO is that to give such an advice.

Sec 323 is under Penal Code which means it is a Criminal Offence. As long as it is a criminal offence, there is not reason why you need to hire your own lawyer to fight the case.

The correct thing to do is:

1) Get a medical check up done at a government hospital. The IO should have a form for that.

2) Go to the Sub Court and lodge a Magistrate Complaint.

The purpose of the Magistrate Complaint is this - as Sec 323 is a non-seizable offence, the police has no powers to investigate right from the start. However, the Magistrate can direct the police to investigate.

Hope this helps.

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

please share your story 1st can ?

bros here will give u all the emails addresses u wanted .

full story please ?

But I alredy described the details of the story in my 1st post liao.

He was severely assaulted by 2 strangers, injuries are severe, just that somehow no bone/skull fracture. His IO classify as 323 but we feels strongly should be 325 based on merits of the case

Last edited:

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sec 323 is under Penal Code which means it is a Criminal Offence. As long as it is a criminal offence, there is not reason why you need to hire your own lawyer to fight the case.

1) Get a medical check up done at a government hospital. The IO should have a form for that.

The purpose of the Magistrate Complaint is this - as Sec 323 is a non-seizable offence, the police has no powers to investigate right from the start. However, the Magistrate can direct the police to investigate.

Hope this helps.

But we were told by someone(this someone is of high authority somemore and legally-trained), he said for section 323 cases, the Complainant must hire a lawyer to sue his assailants.

He said although the Complainant also can represent himself without a lawyer to sue his assailants but he said it is extremely difficult and is not advisable

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

But we were told by someone(this someone is of high authority somemore and legally-trained), he said for section 323 cases, the Complainant must hire a lawyer to sue his assailants.

He said although the Complainant also can represent himself without a lawyer to sue his assailants but he said it is extremely difficult and is not advisable

That someone is sitting too high and lost the plot. Just like our MIWs....

You ask him whether he knows anything about Magistrate Complaint or not. Tell him someone of low authority and not legally trained shared this in SBF.

Last edited:

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

That someone is sitting too high and lost the plot. Just like our MIWs....

You ask him whether he knows anything about Magistrate Complaint or not. Tell him someone of low authority and not legally trained shared this in SBF.

So for most cases of Section 323 Court cases, do the majority of the Complainants hire their own lawyer to sue their assailants? Or do most of the Complainants did not hire lawyers?

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

So for most cases of Section 323 Court cases, do the majority of the Complainants hire their own lawyer to sue their assailants?

Once the Magistrate direct the police to investigate, everything will be going in accordance to a criminal proceeding. Have you seen the family member of a murdered victim hire own lawyer to sue the murderer???

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

any call to police when the whacking took place? any ambulance? any check in at a&e? any doctor's medical report? any hospitalisation? any witnesses?

... in short, NPNT

andrewteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lodge magistrate complaint for police to investigate as 323 is non seizable.

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once the Magistrate direct the police to investigate, everything will be going in accordance to a criminal proceeding. Have you seen the family member of a murdered victim hire own lawyer to sue the murderer???

But murder is seizable.

And section 323 is non-seizable.

So I want to know for section 323 Cases, after you already filed a magistrate complaint and the matter is set for Court date, does the Complainant needs to hire a lawyer to represent him in Court?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

Correct. Best answer.

search

Alfrescian
Loyal

My close relative already filed the magistrate complaint as Section 323 case.(becos the IO classify the case as 323)

It's just that we are exploring are there other avenues whereby we can seek redress to reclassify our case from Section 323 case to a Section 325 case.

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Get someone to whack them back la.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

what you consider serious injuries is not in our legal context. judge may or may not direct police to investigate. similiarly, police may or may not take it up initilally. if you still want to be a cheapo after getting beaten up then fine. how to reclassify to 325 when injuries do not meet the criteria?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so does anyone knows?

Everyone knows. But u think the. tua gao will entertain? Use your own ways if u are looking for justice. The people u r looking for help cant give u.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Grievous hurt
320. The following kinds of hurt only are designated as “grievous”:
(a)
emasculation;
(aa)
death;
(b)
permanent privation of the sight of either eye;
(c)
permanent privation of the hearing of either ear;
(d)
privation of any member or joint;
(e)
destruction or permanent impairing of the powers of any member or joint;
(f)
permanent disfiguration of the head or face;
(g)
fracture or dislocation of a bone;
(h)
any hurt which endangers life, or which causes the sufferer to be, during the space of 20 days, in severe bodily pain, or unable to follow his ordinary pursuits;
(i)
penetration of the vagina or anus, as the case may be, of a person without that person’s consent, which causes severe bodily pain.
unless you cheapskates want to spent even more money challenging this law?

Last edited: