• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do check on your EZLINK card regularly

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
u won't know how much u were being overcharged unless u really check ur ezlink card. you shall be shock!

recently, i took a bus to vivocity from queen.stown. the usual fare would be 93cent. for that particular trip however i was charged $1.79! when i alighted the bus, i did beep on the sensor and a BEEP was registered. coincidentally, i decided to top up as i realised it was low on cash.

after the topping up, i checked on the routes that i had taken. to my surprise, the last trip which was suppose to be 93c registered as $1.79. i proceed to claim at their customer service booth which incidentally wasn't opened at all. that's what customer service was all about to the transport company.

i went to the station control centre instead to claim and was told by them to return to the customer service booth at 3pm when it opened.

i finally got my claim but it was really troublesome. the girl at the booth told me lucky i came before 5pm cos the booth would be closed then. after keying all the particulars, she told me to wait for a week, then to go to a booth servicing station to make the claim with the printout she gave me.

i asked her whether she was kidding or not going down to a nearest servicing station mean i gotta pay the transport to reach there. would SMRT compensate for that?

the whole matter was indeed a big joke just to claim the difference of about 90c. it wasted my time to file the claim. it wasted the counter service staff much time to key in the claim. when all that was done, it again tried to exploit another transport fare from me just to go to the relevant station to make the claim. all for just 90c!

if a commuter defaults on the fare charge and is caught, he would be fined at least $50. now the question is : how come when they overcharge, there isn't a fine imposed on them?

is this the way justice work in singapore?

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow i could have saved more by not doing what the person above did!

Imagine all the time (which is money) being wasted! Good riddance!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the gahmen is preaching meritocracy. i think they should preach on how fair this can be.

when their ministers did nothing spectacular, they are promoted. kee chiu is one example. he wasn't even being voted in. he was a back door walk-in mp.

when those jokers default such as the great escape of mas selamat, the excessive overspending of YOG, the wild crazy escalation of hdb prices and now the latest incredulous hike in COEs, nobody gets censored.

for the man in the street, the punishment comes fast and switch but the meritocracy is really slow and not forthcoming.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can do this claim online now. Just need to enter your bank details, the stop which you got on and got off, the estimated time, the bus service, and the bank account to credit the difference to.

Since they went electronic, these things happen.

I am aware sometimes I am overcharged, but I file the claim only on usual bus routes that I take.

What would you recommend as a solution? I think people are tired of hearing of complaints...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe gov should enforce law if public bus and MRT over charge fare then should pay back 100x the over charge amount to max. $1000. So is fair to passenger.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should take the case to court and sue them for cheating.

Then they will dig up, that somewhere when he traveled he forgot to tap in & then tap out..he was cheating them... ha ha ha ha I never have more than $10 in my translink card & now Ezlink card & never use it for travel & nothing else.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can do this claim online now. Just need to enter your bank details, the stop which you got on and got off, the estimated time, the bus service, and the bank account to credit the difference to.

I am aware sometimes I am overcharged, but I file the claim only on usual bus routes that I take.

What would you recommend as a solution? I think people are tired of hearing of complaints...

this is a public transport service with frequent faulty meters. just imagine how many folks who are simplistic and ignorant are being overcharged many times.

very few even know how to check and claiming for a refund is made so troublesome,

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

my solution is since they fine commuters who default when they underpay the fares, if they overcharge, then they should rebate us an equivalent compensation and not making us taking another trip just to claim the barely $1 overcharge.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know that EZLINK card is now also use for entry into public swimming pools? it deducts $1 off your card for adult or 50c for children or senior folks.

i got a feeling this also going to another overcharging mechanism that zap people unaware.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe gov should enforce law if public bus and MRT over charge fare then should pay back 100x the over charge amount to max. $1000. So is fair to passenger.

I believe there are also people caught for various mrt offence/crimes e.g. adults using student card, adult using senior citizen card, commuters tailgating another commuter in same barrier to avoid paying, etc..not sure what is the penalty for getting caught. The same punishment or maybe a bit more should be impose on the co. itself..zhi fa fan fa should have heavier sentence.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe there are also people caught for various mrt offence/crimes e.g. adults using student card, adult using senior citizen card, commuters tailgating another commuter in same barrier to avoid paying, etc..not sure what is the penalty for getting caught. The same punishment or maybe a bit more should be impose on the co. itself..zhi fa fan fa should have heavier sentence.

lst timer offender gets $50 fine either on the spot or they jot down your particulars and send u a summon. my li'l brother leetahsar's ex-weird FT tenant was fined once when he got a mail from SMRT for not paying the correct fare.

how could that have happened is still a mystery. i mean u tap the entry, u go in and when u wanna exit, u need to tap again. so how come there was an improper fare occurring?

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know that EZLINK card is now also use for entry into public swimming pools? it deducts $1 off your card for adult or 50c for children or senior folks.

i got a feeling this also going to another overcharging mechanism that zap people unaware.

Did you know that if you get into the MRT station before boarding the train and out of the station the next minute, you're charge with a minimum fees?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you know that if you get into the MRT station before boarding the train and out of the station the next minute, you're charge with a minimum fees?

it's suppose to be free. go to the control station and demand. be prepared to be pissed off by those coffin-faced staff.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's suppose to be free. go to the control station and demand. be prepared to be pissed off by those coffin-faced staff.

Why the fuss?? whom did you vote for in the first place? your card has less than $2.50 value...it says BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...you are denied entry...no $$ to top up...you walk lah!...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True, carparks can give ten minutes grace, I don't see why SMRT cannot give 5mins grace.

You want grace go to church..pray with Kong Hee Fatt Choy...you get plenty of GRACE! & Grace too that fill the aisles & make you sweat...

Last edited: