• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Disgraceful CCS chose to describe Singaporeans as “Idiots”, “Suckers” and “Disgraceful”

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a chance to listen to the condensed version of Chan Chun Sing’s recent closed-door dialogue.

The first thing I will advise is that all parents should stop their children from listening to it. It is a disgraceful glorification of Singlish, which has no place in a 1st World Country, where proper English should be taught and spoken. If our children were to speak like him in that audio, it would be the death-knell of the career prospects for many, unless you are an elite. Chan Chun Sing is really better suited to being Phua Chu Kang’s colleague if he chooses to speak in that manner!

Second, it was equally disgraceful that he chose to describe Singaporeans as “Idiots”, “Suckers” and “Disgraceful”. Many Singaporeans expressed their outrage to me about his remarks and I fully understand how they feel! From this incident, Chan Chun Sing shows himself to be cut from the same elitist cloth as his Party colleague Goh Chok Tong, who described those earning less than $500K as “mediocre”.And this from a Party that professes to be - With You, For You, For Singapore!

Chan Chun Sing should know that many Singaporeans have lost confidence in how the government is handling the crisis. We now have the highest number of infections outside of China, despite being the furthest Asian country away, apart from Indonesia. Day after day our infections are increasing when other places such as Macau have not seen an increase in 11 days. That is what led to the recent panic-buying.

More at https://tinyurI.com/qwlc44b

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHO already say 80% of the infected only experience mild symptoms...so the issue here is other than ranting CCS should have shown us what happens behind closed doors at the various healthcare isolation facilities like ncid nuh Sgh to reassure us that the disease for most is indeed mild...there is no sure win way to curb cross infection and this is the part where sg is barking up the wrong tree...right now citizens are more weary of the outcome and inconvenience as a result of what is possibly a flu with mild symptoms for example they their family and friends being quarantine...a good and novel approach by sg govt but irrelevant some what as the focus areas are wrong imho...japan did what was more contextually right with the passengers on board the diamond pricess...