• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Discrimination in SPH Retrenchment

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was quite surprised to find out that SPH HR Department reports to the Head that runs the Chinese Press. What an organisation structure!!

Naturally he is going to look after his own.

I am aware for political reasons, the SPH Chinese press has always been rewarded well. They even went out of their way to say one of their editors from jail when everyone else who had the same issue when person dies ends up in the jail. And they conveniently blamed it on a technical mistake in the judiciary. Mind you she was speaking on her mobile when she beat the red light.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Socio-political blogs and social media content are all in English, not chink.

Hence, Wan Bao and Lian He are not that adversely affected by competition from facebook or wechat when it comes to local socio-political news as compared to the English language media. Most of the uncles and aunties in my ward speak a variety of chink dialects. They use social media mainly for photos and gossips, and still rely overwhelmingly on the chink newspapers for local news.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our "Prez" is Malay...and their "Press" is Chinese.

Fair & square...multi-cultural diversity...meritocracy...do good, do together.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our "Prez" is Malay...and their "Press" is Chinese.

Fair & square...multi-cultural diversity...meritocracy...do good, do together.

psst! Indian by birth....now The Halimah Times, is in overdrive, cam out with an article recently on this woman, born Chinese but Adopted from a baby by an Indian family...so speak, eat & worship like an Indian....next round they require an INDIAN to be the "Prez"...this one qualify..never mind the birth is Chinese.

The tagline will be " we do together & it is good"...ha ha ha

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a 28 Aug 2017 report in CNA, the former labour unionist now in the istana said in an interview “I want to serve the people of Singapore and Singapore.......owes a duty only to Singapore and Singaporeans...........that would be great if I could help other people "
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...eng-queen-to-singapore-s-first-female-9162406

So can these retrenched Singaporeans seek help from her as she said she will serve Singaporeans ,owe a duty to them and would be great to help them?
Ironically some of those retrenched may be involved in airing/publishing/disseminating her do good do together campaign.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the Chinese press is the b est
almost 99% singaporeans read the Chinese press
that's why so successful
the reports are investigative reporters
they put their ears on the ground
quick to pick up earthquakes and tremors
and came in the evening news and morning news
all breaking news with catchy highlights and big fonts
and attractive photos ...great Chinese press we have here