• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Disappointed Singaporean guy asks, "Why do girls go out with guys 1 to 1 when they already have a boyfriend?"

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
Disappointed Singaporean guy asks, "Why do girls go out with guys 1 to 1 when they already have a boyfriend?"

theindependent.sg

SINGAPORE: Cutting contact with someone you have feelings for is never easy, but one Singaporean man recently made this tough decision after discovering the girl he liked was already in a relationship.

He shared his story on the NUSWhispers Facebook page, explaining that he met her in a university class and had no clue she was taken, as her Instagram and Telegram profiles showed no signs of a relationship.

They chatted on Telegram, and he even invited her to a concert, to which she agreed. However, what seemed like a promising connection took an unexpected turn during their coffee hangout.

“She told me halfway during the hangout she will be going out with her boyfriend and his friends for vacation. Ngl, I was shocked and almost did not know what to say. Note she did not mention she had a bf at all throughout.”

“I asked her whether her bf was comfortable with us hanging out 1 to 1. She replied yes and he knew me as we are from the same course, but did not want to reveal him as he wanted his privacy and was sure I would know him if she said.”

Despite her assurances, he decided to stop meeting with her alone to avoid misunderstandings.

“Real reason is that I find myself catching feelings and didn’t think it would end well. I told her we can still hangout as a group with friends and she can still text me if she needed anything. ”

“Not sure if I did the right thing but just wanted to get this off my chest and puzzled why girls do this.”

“You are a good guy and you definitely did the right thing.”

Many people praised the man for respecting her relationship, upholding the unspoken “bro code,” and having the maturity to take a step back despite “catching feelings.”

“You are a good guy and you definitely did the right thing,” said one netizen. “You’re a good man, self aware,” said another.

Some individuals criticized the girl, accusing her of stringing the man along and being unfaithful to her partner. They believed that her actions were misleading and could cause unnecessary heartache.

One netizen described her as the “type of girl who is unsure of herself and does not know what she wants.” He then advised the man to avoid this type of girl unless he enjoyed drama and complicated life.

On the contrary, some argued that the girl likely had no intentions of complicating matters and was simply treating him as a friend.

They posited that she probably viewed their relationship as solely a platonic friendship.

One netizen asked, “What’s wrong with going out as friends regardless? Did she not explain to you her situation? It’s just friends, lah.”

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what's wrong with going out with other guys? just remember that not evry gal that goes out with you is your galfren

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice guys always finish last. This flaccid guy is the perfect example. He should have fucked the brains out of that girl before letting her go.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
She’s not getting the real deal. That’s why she’s shopping. Even after marriage, some women are still shopping. Don’t stereotype women with the idea they are only made for one man. They can have multiple orgasms, men at most can only have three or four in one night. That’s why most Chinese emperors didn’t live beyond 45 years old

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a wimp! If the bitch hasn't walked down the aisle it is all honorable. He should try to seduce and have some fun with her, then dump her. After all, she is a two timing whore by nature.

SinkieExile

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what is worse than a girl who goes out 1 to 1 with other guys when she not only alr has a BF but doesn't even present herself as being "taken" by another guy to others?

A girl who does Onlyfans... but has a BF and keeps him a secret. That one is x2 mockery of men.