• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Diploma and Degree Holders

jw5

Loyal
% of Sinkie women who are pappy voters: High

% of Sinkie women degree holders who are pappy voters: Very High

% of Sinkie women diploma holders who are pappy voters: Very Very High.

Couple Of Additional Points:

1. % of Sinkie women with higher qualifications than basic degree or lower qualifications than diploma who are pappy voters is lower than the above. :wink:

2. This "anal-ysis" does not apply to Sinkie men. :biggrin:

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
% of Sinkie women who are pappy voters: High % of Sinkie women degree holders who are pappy voters: Very High % of Sinkie women diploma holders who are pappy voters: Very Very High. Couple Of Additional Points: 1. % of Sinkie women with higher qualifications than basic degree or lower qualifications than diploma who are pappy voters is lower than the above. :wink: 2. This "anal-ysis" does not apply to Sinkie men. :biggrin:
Happy New Year jw5.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At my age, I believe that studying or reading a good foundation under graduate program is desirable, such as PPE (philosophy, political science, economics) or B.A. (in English and Economics), and if time and money permit, a law degree or MBA will broaden one's knowledge.

Decades ago, I studied accounting / business / law, and qualified as a Chartered Accountant (and thereafter, a further specialization), and did not do any further accounting work, but was a part time seminar leader in post grad accounting courses while working in the specialized work.

My children indicated that: one intends to study urban planning, the next one may study medicine (and work in medical research) or engineering or computer science, the third said law, the youngest said engineering. But, we do not know how it will turn out. I hope that they will enjoy their field of work, be content and comfortable. The eldest is trilingual, the second has little interest in French but has to continue with it and spends little effort in his mother tongue, the third is so so in French and mother tongue, and the youngest is reasonably good in French and mother tongue.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not possible here in Singapore. The society adores him. Anyone who says anything bad about him will be punished - not by the authorities, but by the laypeople who feel obligated and a strong sense of mission to protect his good reputation, which by now, is carved in stone.

Example: Last year after his demise, my primary shool aged daughter was asked to write a composition entitled " Why I love LKY." She came to me for help. I asked her, "Do you know who is LKY?" She said no. So I told her to write, " I am unable to write about LKY because I do not know who he is." Obviously, that was not acceptable by her English teacher. So she had to make up a story. I didn't want to make it a lousy school day for her, so I helped her complete the assignment.

Cheers!

That is atrocious.
It looks like propaganda and indoctrination by the Ministry of Education.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best way to widen your horizons is to join SAF as a scholar. You not only get the chance to widen your horizons via free overseas trips and studies as well as various attachments.

The better way is to be a foreigner given a $1 million scholarship by AStar. Only need to serve 5 year bond and acquire citizenship after first degree. After that, can migrate to truly developed countries.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ideally, if one wishes to study, it should be the love of studying, or at least the love of the subject/field of study. I speak for myself and the generation whose parents pushed us to excel at getting good grades at school. We studied because our parents wanted us to get good jobs in aircoditioned offices, and not work outdoor under the hot sun, like our coolie ancestors. They were there because they did not have the paper qualitifications. Our dear mothers could not bear to see their children subjected to those torturous and unrewarding jobs, and did everything they could to better our chances of getting the paper qualification to land better jobs.

As and example, I went into engineering at university because my parents viewed engineers as people with good salary, and job satisfaction. But they never knew how I struggled with mathematics at school and in university (fuck, it was horrendous!). I should have become an Arts major; Law would have been more suitable to major in for me (especially more so that people hate lawyers!). Fuck, anyways, I graduated in engineering and my first job was at a downstream hydrocarbons processing facility. I HATED the job and the PEOPLE there. Bunch of helicopter jerks. They don't listen to rock music, or like motorcycles, or even into science fiction. All day long, they'd discuss about their flat renovation issues, and ASTM codes. Fucking pricks! And converse in mandarin among themselves! I was glad to get out of there when I submitted my letter of resignation immediately uopn confirmation. Through a regular visitor (the salesman) for our photocopy machine) I was talked into sales and became a much happier person in a sales position - outdoors. visiting clients all over the island, happy hours. Dropping in on companies with good looking receptionists. Attending seminars in Malaysia, Thailand, even Oz (for product training). My advice to anyone thinking about going into engineering - do it only if you are interested in the field of study. With an engineering qualification, getting an entry level position isn't that difficult. But it helps along the way if you are interested in the field (eg. polymers, materials, construction, power, propulsion). Because if you do not like the subject, you still have to face your duties - everyday! Have fun.

One final note: My ex-boss, a graduate himself, has this to say about tertiary education - "It only delays your entry into the job market." Remember, a job is NOT a career.

Cheers!

Going to university is to train your mind to think, to be able to find answers to questions, to learn how to ask questions. The content is not important.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not possible here in Singapore. The society adores him. Anyone who says anything bad about him will be punished - not by the authorities, but by the laypeople who feel obligated and a strong sense of mission to protect his good reputation, which by now, is carved in stone.

We need a revolution.

Example: Last year after his demise, my primary shool aged daughter was asked to write a composition entitled " Why I love LKY." She came to me for help. I asked her, "Do you know who is LKY?" She said no. So I told her to write, " I am unable to write about LKY because I do not know who he is." Obviously, that was not acceptable by her English teacher. So she had to make up a story. I didn't want to make it a lousy school day for her, so I helped her complete the assignment.

How come ex-sinkaporeans can send kids to government schools?
Cheers![/QUOTE]

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good degree is much like a swiss army knife...it looks good and looks useful but depending on how you use it determines the worthiness of it.

you can study econ n go be a property agent but if you are down without a job pls dont blame the degree

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fools and imbeciles,this country Singapore's economy was crafted out of economic policies based on cheap foreign labour and cheaper better faster,what do u think will happen to the local workforce in the long term??of course they become redundant and irrelevant,this economy was not build to suit us or serve sinkies' needs and capabilities in the first place or the long run,it is build to run on gutter oil and cheap addictives and high octane fuel,now that gutter oil and cheap addictives is plentiful and cheap,do u think the automobile owners would want to go back to using organic,home grown,free range chicken shit sinkies?
we have created a monster that does not suited us in the first place,nor does it need us or require us,we have opened up the pandora's box and stepped into the future,a future that sinkies may not like or find appetising.soon one day sinkies will go the way of the dodo bird and the nokia 8026 handphone......unlike the iphone we do not belong in the future.

it is not too late for sinkies to repent,they must denounce their idol god LKY and beg for Winsemius's forgiveness.Pray that his dead soul will come back and save sinkies from the brimstones of damnation.

let me reiterate,it doesnt matter how well educated the population is,or what schools or discipline sinkies are educated in,or how much u inculcate the joy of learning,if the economy is not designed or build around the needs and capabilities and the pecularities of sinkies......the body or the fuselage does not fit the engine,and the engine is not suited to the body or fuselage,its like building a jumbo 747 and having it powered by propellors or building a giant cruise ship and having it powered by rolls royce jet engines.

many decades ago when winsemius came to this island of singapore,he saw the strengths and weakness of this country,how it could develop its strength as a entrepot trade hub and manufacturing hub,he whispered into LKY's ears on how to train and educate the populace,then he saw even further into the future,how in order for singapore to continue developing and rising up the value added food chain,it had to develop itself as a communications hub and banking/finance hub.all these benefitted the locals immensely.yes singapore was a land without resources but winsemius had many brilliant ideas how we could be rich.

fast forward to today,the economy we have is a monstrosity,everything is based on the strengths of foreigners,the banking and finance industry relies heavily on shitskins,the retail and customer service relies on pinoys,the manufacturing and transport relies heavily on prcs,the construction on bangras and prcs,the ang mohs are prized possesions,where does sinkies come into all these?sinkies are merely an afterthought and a redundancy.is there a school that can teach sinkies how to be shitskins?or pinoys?or bangras or prcs?sometimes i really wish we are like japan or germany,at least those countries do everything by themselves.100 percent aryan.

u know what sinkies can be?sinkies can be PAP's plan B.....if something were to go terribly wrong,if shit were to hit the fan,and all the fts go home,its good to know u have a wife to go home to,70 percent who will forever remain terribly loyal to you no matter how many mistresses or whores u fuck in geylang.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think degree is necessary cos' it helps you to think harder and analyse things better.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think degree is necessary cos' it helps you to think harder and analyse things better.

U mean i have to spent so much to get my son to have a degree just to analyse things better? Wasted another 2 yrs in NS. By the time hes already almost mid 20s. Next....he cant even guarantee he will get a perm job. Amost a yr plus. Some of his NUS friends still working parttime/temporary jobs.

Wat tat cow said is true. After leaving school go get a job! Dont waste time and $$ study to Uni like book worm. Cant even guarantee one a job.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean i have to spent so much to get my son to have a degree just to analyse things better? Wasted another 2 yrs in NS. By the time hes already almost mid 20s. Next....he cant even guarantee he will get a perm job. Amost a yr plus. Some of his NUS friends still working parttime/temporary jobs.

Wat tat cow said is true. After leaving school go get a job! Dont waste time and $$ study to Uni like book worm. Cant even guarantee one a job.

If your son learns how to think (which he can't get if he studies locally) and be analytical, he will have no problem surviving. He won't need a job. He will know how to survive and thrive.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You study to gain knowledge not to land a job.
A degree / diploma is not a means to an end. Only sinkies think that way.

And last thing.....a local poly diploma is not a real diploma but only a technical diploma....know the difference.

Exactly... Sinkie are so lame and primitive in their thinking.. luckily i stay away from sinkies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is why i can see that sinkies are ball-less shit losers way before any people in the world realise that.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revolution in Singapore will need endorsement from the authorities before it even starts. I think the organisers will have to obtain a permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs in order to gather at Hong Lim Park.

Government school, but pay foreign fees.

Cheers!

We need a revolution.

How come ex-sinkaporeans can send kids to government schools?
Cheers!
[/QUOTE]

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Study is to benefit yourself lah! Not garmen!

Dun listen to garmen BS and propaganda!

Money garmen can take away but not education!

Get more papers and shove it up PAP Garmen ass!