• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Difference between political analyst and party analyst

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 3,000th post is dedicated to telling frogs in the wells, who think otherwise of themselves, that there is a difference between the two.

Meaning likewise, there is a difference between a political analyst and a WP analyst.

At least no matter how screwed up the person's analysis is, there is a difference when an analyst focuses on a party. In US, there are Republican or Democrat analysts. They examine a particular party so are more like party analysts rather than political analysts. Commenting on other matters is an occasional thing. There is nothing to be ashamed of being a WP analyst, rather than call oneself a political analyst to go under the false cover of "neutrality".

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Excellent epic 3,000th post.

I have not seen this so called 'anal-lyst' posting critiques on other political parties active in Singapore (NSP/SDP/PAP) save for one close to his heart (or a void in it).

If SHIT does the honest thing and reveals that the critiques are aimed at WP only then we have a level of honesty there, regardless of SHIT intents. Alas SHIT continues to maintain its very thin facade of "neutrality". The only thing neutral about this nefarious creature are its neutrons in its atomic make up and the neutrinos that passes through SHIT

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least no matter how screwed up the person's analysis is, there is a difference when an analyst focuses on a party. In US, there are Republican or Democrat analysts. They examine a particular party so are more like party analysts rather than political analysts. Commenting on other matters is an occasional thing. There is nothing to be ashamed of being a WP analyst, rather than call oneself a political analyst to go under the false cover of "neutrality".

Its either they cant tell the actual difference, or they are just hiding under the terms presented.

Either way, unless the points brought up are constructive and well broken down, I dun see any analysingh of any kind apart from empty attacks.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either way, unless the points brought up are constructive and well broken down, I dun see any analysingh of any kind apart from empty attacks.

Why don't you spell it as analyseng. Anyway, I don't bother with the quality of the analysis as if my life depends on it, but flies should not call themselves spiders as the two are different.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're splitting hairs.

It's still within the political arena, and you can still call him a political analyst, but perhaps a bias one.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he's a political analyst or party-specific analyst, we as readers can judge for ourselves how credible the analysis is.

I am sure the said analyst will not want to discredit himself by going over the top one too many times. :wink:

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent differentiation of two political terms ... similar but not identical! But the hard truth is that this individual is not engaged in both. In my view, the person in question is embarked on a personal vendetta with
rumor and/or war-mongering against his ex-mentors, colleagues and party! Any persons, opinions, conjunctures, facts, attribution of reliable sources forwarded by this individual are just ammunition regardless of
collateral damages! As Kotex Freedom correctly diagnosed, this individual is suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I think it is best that we all do not provoke him further with postings and/or
rebukes! Best way to treat NPD is to excommunicate and deny him a forum to vent his frustration.

Alternatively, we can call AVA to take care of this mad-stray problem!

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're splitting hairs.

It's still within the political arena, and you can still call him a political analyst, but perhaps a bias one.

Being biased is one thing, the focus is only on one party. There is no splitting hairs, just like one does not say policy analyst and political analyst is the same.