• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek: More breakdowns to be expected, we did not raise fares; PTC did

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Kuek said yesterday that the number of "train withdrawals" (breakdown say breakdown lah!) on SMRT's network dropped last year.

In 2012, it was 3.3 incidents for every 100,000km travelled, but this fell so 2.2 last year. (Well done, Desperate Des!)

He said the ongoing target is to bring it down to 2.

The idiot also continued "The decision to increase the fare was made by the PTC...this is not an SMRT decision."

I really don't know what to say.

Source: myPaper

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Kuek said yesterday that the number of "train withdrawals" (breakdown say breakdown lah!) on SMRT's network dropped last year.

In 2012, it was 3.3 incidents for every 100,000km travelled, but this fell so 2.2 last year. (Well done, Desperate Des!)

He said the ongoing target is to bring it down to 2.

The idiot also continued "The decision to increase the fare was made by the PTC...this is not an SMRT decision."

only a true nincompoop will say that

Last edited:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

SMRT asked for a fare increase and PTC approved. Technically yes, PTC approved it but still...

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes asshole also did not ask to be paid millions annually and was forced into accepting it.

True things like that , those PAP maggots cockroaches bastards will never ever say

Everything else as lies after lies they all happily will say to us

FUCK THOSE PAP AND THEIR APPOINTED BASTARDS

VOTE OUT EVERYONE MOTHERFUCKERS OF PAP
OR USE PIANO WIRE ON THEM ALL

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Desmond Kuek fella is truly a joker. Asked how the the fare hike could be justified in the light of recent breakdowns he said "The timing is most unfortunate".

How much is this chief executive getting paid to run a 'World Class Transportation System?'

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a book smart chap when comes to theory.
But he is not street smart when it comes to the pratical aspect.
He has the "ya ya papaya" mentality that hring a bunch of scholar peers from the SAF will help him manage SMRT well.

Tongkatali

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cb Kia yes i heard you ...you did not raise fares.... But did you object to it when the proposal to raise fares was put up?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The infamous SAF act of taichi has finally made its appearance. :biggrin:

Singapore needs a Stalinist purge of all SAF scholars from every ministry, stat board, GLC, grassroot organisation. These clowns are holding back the country in so many ways.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

SMRT asked for a fare increase and PTC approved. Technically yes, PTC approved it but still...

we all know he's just a puppet.............PAP want to increase fares.........so as CEO, even if not you wanna increase fares also you must say you want..........

i don't expect this clown to join PAP............won't be CEO for long if another dumb comment comes from him

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw him talking on TV last night. His body language, facial expression and his garbage response seems to indicate that he got some pretty good well-deserved grilling this time. Hope he will end up like Saw. Hope that they will wise up and find a hands-on guy to take charge. The economic loss caused by each disruption is too great compared to profit from retail space.

Maintenance cannot be enforced by simply coming up with sop and plan. Meeting, committe to set standards are just wishes and dreams. Sharp eyes and keen sense comes from experienced and diligent maintenance crews not wise talks and plans.

Last edited:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD LUCK ! Desmond !
Arrival%2Bof%2Bthe%2BQueen%2Bof%2BSheba%2B5%2B%2528SMRT%2BCEO%2BSaw%2BPhaik%2BHwa%2529.jpg

Last edited:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore needs a Stalinist purge of all SAF scholars from every ministry, stat board, GLC, grassroot organisation. These clowns are holding back the country in so many ways.

I echo that.

If any SAF scholar can come out into the commercial world & launch a company that rivals say Microsoft, or maybe P&G, i will STFU for the rest of my living life.
Until then, who else thinks that Military Experts has the ingredients to run a commercial enterprise? ME should just stick to military related industry & dont kacau the private sector. Still dont understand which clown put Desmond into this hot seat.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What he meant is, it was not his wish to come into this world but because his father fucked his mother while under the influence of alcohol.

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically speaking he is right to say PTC increase the fares, as past years of request are shoot down flat by PTC. So SMRT and SBS will forever continue to keep asking for fares increase as they are running a business.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a book smart chap when comes to theory.
But he is not street smart when it comes to the pratical aspect.
He has the "ya ya papaya" mentality that hring a bunch of scholar peers from the SAF will help him manage SMRT well.

Not sure if he is even book smart - just a good memoriser of facts possibly.
Even a junior brand manager would not spill the kind of rubbish that he is spilling out from his mouth. The rubbish might as well discharge itself from his arse.