• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a shock to see this kind of poor workmanship from a well known developer.

I think plenitude will do their best to rectify most of the problem efficiently. I have seen worst defects than this one. Example the so call prestigous Setia Eco Cascadia famous slant car porch! You judge...is a minor or major defect? I have shared this pic in SEC thread too. Some of the them say it is very normal!

car porch defect.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shd VP in 1-2 weeks' time. Those w loan needs final disbursement before keys are handed over. Long wait of nearly 2 years.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Just recieved a letter from the developer inform me to collect key for the VP. The letter dated 15 Dec 14 only reached me today. Phase 9E is finally VP after such a long delay. looking at the exterior paint works for this phase, it is already showing sign of early deteriotion.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Have rental will be good, no rental is also fine :smile:

For investment property, should always aim to rent out, to cover interest & part-loan principal. Then sell or refinance after 10-15 years. Is a proven strategy that doesn't go too wrong over a long time horizon, esp if one buys 'every man's property' in a decent location, such as your Desa Tebrau double storey terrace.

All learnt from reading angmo's property articles..... :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just collected keys and submitted my defect list (mainly leaks and other minor items). I will have to screen my potential tenants carefully. Not sure if it is worth the trouble to collect rental (still subject to tax) and risk damage to my new unit. The estate is nicely done up but some adventurous neighbours in phase 9d have started their massive renovations and a few have moved in.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just collected keys and submitted my defect list (mainly leaks and other minor items). I will have to screen my potential tenants carefully. Not sure if it is worth the trouble to collect rental (still subject to tax) and risk damage to my new unit. The estate is nicely done up but some adventurous neighbours in phase 9d have started their massive renovations and a few have moved in.

Ahh.... Personally, I think it is beneficial to maintain a strictly business outlook for investment properties. The big money comes from holding the unit for a gd 7-15 years. One cant possibly leave it empty for such extended periods, and loan interest payable would erode capital gains in the absence of rental income. By maximising loan tenures & quantum, any remaining tax exposure on net rental income is minimal as well.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right if the tenant pool is constant. In JB, I'm afraid the tenant will damage items, stop paying rental and run road. In view of big supply, replacement tenant may be hard to find. The risks seem high due to high cost of rectification.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am starting to plan for some simple reno works. Any one here can suggest what is the "good" brand of aircond systems in malaysia ? It seems they dont have system 3 or 4 but individual compressor type. What about provide some the price guide and share your experience ? It seems every one is installing strong iron gate even though there is security guards. Looking at the massive reno works carry out at the estate, it give me the feeling that the developer didnt know the local task and didnt do a good design work and leave a large room for improment.

By the way I just submittted a long list of major defects observed, the staff told me it can only be completed after chinese new year due to not electrical power and the coming public holiday.. hmm another month of delay.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mitsubishi and Daikin inverter air-con are good brands (About $2k RM per unit including installation).

Systems 3 type are more expensive to install and run but are space saving.

Security guards are there to say hello to you, don't depend on them too much (even in SG).

Yes, no electrical or water yet... Cost of proper renovations is quite high in JB. You are looking at $300k RM to reach show house standard inclusive of furnishings.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk to various contractors, the general preference for air-con is Panasonic. Somehow they shy away from Mit due to parts availability issue . I have 4 wall mount and 1 casement in living room, all Panasonic. So far so good.

Reno cost in JB is way lower than SG. RM300k buget can do lots of things. I won't say mine is show room standard but it was done up with proper 3D design prior to actual work. All the essential fixture such as wardrobe (4 rooms), kitchen cabinets, counter, island, TV console, bed board etc, furniture, electrical appliances, TVs, bed/mattress, basically complete living condition and I am able to do it below RM200k for a cluster house.

The cost can differ a lot between contractors. I can get quote as high as RM250k and as low as RM150k. Selecting the contractor is tricky but I am thankful that I got a good contractor who get the job done and has many lobang in getting good furniture and electrical goods. In fact the fridge and TV is so much cheaper than SG price.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just went to check my unit, and found that almost all the defects were rectified well :smile: Water and electricity were still not connected though.

The Aeon Tebrau was building a mega multi-storey carpark and further additions to the back part of the main building.

The Pandan bridge expansion should be completed around mid of this year and traffic should be much smoother.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just went to check my unit, and found that almost all the defects were rectified well :smile: Water and electricity were still not connected though.

The Aeon Tebrau was building a mega multi-storey carpark and further additions to the back part of the main building.

The Pandan bridge expansion should be completed around mid of this year and traffic should be much smoother.

Glad to see that things are fine. Mr Chen Shu Bei (Johor Jaya ex-MP & advisor to Johor MB on Chinese Affairs) had stated that Pandan Bridge upgrading will be completed before CNY...... Personally I think it will stretch past CNY but the hardest part is already over.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be good to do a water ponding test in all toilets/shower areas to make sure no water proofing issue. As any issue will mean some major re-work.