• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dental fees in Singapore

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bumrungrad caters to foreign patients, and like Bangkok General Hospital, they are all freaking expensive.

The usual scaling and cleaning job in Johor is about MYR 100 - 150. The more qualified surgeons charge MYR 150 - 200.

In the past I wanted to check out Bumrungrade in case I have another heart attack. However I notice that they don't offer EECP treatment.

In Canada scaling is usually done by a dental hygienist. In Thailand the clinics I visited, it was done by the dentist. Using an exchange rate of SIN$1=24baht, it only costs about $34.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For simple procedures like scaling you can do it in JB or Thailand & save $. I do it often when I am in Thailand. I also get things like spectacles, haircuts, .... from LOS. As a foreigner if the spectacles are over 2,000 baht & bought from some stores, you can get a VAT refund. The VAT is something like the GST.

may i check if contact lenses are eligible for VAT refund in LOS? last time i bought 4 boxes for 2600B from a MBK optician but i didn't know about any tax refund. anyway it was considerably much cheaper than sinkapoor even without VAT refund.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Bangkok I tried the Bumrungrad Hospital https://www.bumrungrad.com/. The hospital has a dental clinic. However I found out from a Thai friend that they are very expensive. I wouldn't recommend them because their prices is similar to what I would have paid in Spore. My dentist in Spore might be expensive but he has the latest dental gadgets.

When I was in Pattaya I've tried 2 other dentists. So far the only thing I've done is cleaning(scaling) & it has costs only about 800 baht per session. Since I've started using an electric toothbrush & water pik about 2 years ago I haven't had any serious dental issues & only had cleaning done.

In Pattaya I simply walked in & made an appointment. They can usually arrange an appointment the next day.

If you are in Pattaya, at the junction of 2nd Road & Central Pattaya Rd is a Tops Supermarket. Just walk down Central Pattaya Road(Pattaya Klang Rd), in the direction away from the beach. There is a goldsmith shop at the right side of the road. The the dental clinic is a few doors from the Goldsmith shop, 10 or 15 meters away from the junction.

The other dentist I went to is the "Dental Art Clinic" at Soi Buakao. According to the appointment card they are located at
502/34 Moo 10 Soi Buakhao. The reason I went to the other dentists was because it was nearer to the Central Mall & the hotel which I was staying at.

But is it worth the flight to and from sg to bkk and then to pattaya and back? Do you live in pattaya or thailand for long periods of time?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may i check if contact lenses are eligible for VAT refund in LOS? last time i bought 4 boxes for 2600B from a MBK optician but i didn't know about any tax refund. anyway it was considerably much cheaper than sinkapoor even without VAT refund.

You have to go to a store that offers those VAT refund forms. I had no idea about the VAT refund when I started looking at spectacles, but the sales person mentioned it to get my business :smile: I went to the Optics 88 store at the ground floor of MBK.

Here is some info that I found about the VAT http://www.asiatraveltips.com/VATRefundsforTouristsinThailand.shtml

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you want to try the Bumrungrad dental clinic just email them to make an appointment. On the day of the appointment, go down down earlier & get yourself registered. They'll take your photo & details & issue you a patient card. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

Namaste.

Oh this is really great, please strongly recommend this Jah boy to go Bumrungrad, after his dental he can walk out to Nana which is full of Pakis and Indians and Arabs his friends also can go eat all those great northern and southern indian food there. He will thank you for life.

PattayaBeerBarIndianCustomer.jpg
Jah with ladyboy in Nana

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But is it worth the flight to and from sg to bkk and then to pattaya and back? Do you live in pattaya or thailand for long periods of time?

I often visit Malayisa, Batam, and LOS. However I only use the cheaper budget airlines & cheaper hotels so it is not too expensive. With the haze I expect to spend more time in LOS.

So far my visits have only been from 1 to 3 weeks. I am waiting to see if the ASEAN free trade agreement will make it easier for me to live in LOS. Then maybe I'll look at renting a place?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Namaste.

Oh this is really great, please strongly recommend this Jah boy to go Bumrungrad, after his dental he can walk out to Nana which is full of Pakis and Indians and Arabs his friends also can go eat all those great northern and southern indian food there. He will thank you for life.

The NANA area is my choice to stay because it is only 5 minutes by train to Siam Paragon, MBK,...etc.

If you need to get to Pattaya from Bangkok, there is a travel counter at NANA Hotel where you can buy tickets for a ride on Bell Travel Service bus to Pattaya. They will pick you up at your hotel or lobby of the NANA Hotel. Then transfer you to a larger bus for the trip to Pattaya.

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I often visit Malayisa, Batam, and LOS. However I only use the cheaper budget airlines & cheaper hotels so it is not too expensive. With the haze I expect to spend more time in LOS.

So far my visits have only been from 1 to 3 weeks. I am waiting to see if the ASEAN free trade agreement will make it easier for me to live in LOS. Then maybe I'll look at renting a place?

You see Mr. Johnny sir, this nigger lives in a fucking suite in LOS http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....e-to-living-in-Thailand&p=2173915#post2173915 and yet he asking you is it worth the flight, tsk tsk tsk a really nigga he is!