• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Denied bail, Alvin, Vivian may get up to 15 YEARS JAIL

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KUALA LUMPUR - Sex bloggers Alvin Tan and Vivian Lee were not only unable to escape being charged under the dreaded Sedition Act but it looks like Prime Minister Najib's government was "so confused" they decided to charge the duo under 3 separate laws.

The overkill may however be counter-productive as suspicion is already running high that the duo - while in the wrong - were being exploited and victims of a high-stakes power-play at Umno, Najib's political party.

An MP from the Islamist PAS had a day ago warned against hypocrisy.

"Yes, Muslims get very upset and angry when the non-Muslims insult Islam. But strangely, when Muslims insult other religions, everybody is quiet and no one speaks up," Dr Siti Mariah Mahmud, the MP for Kota Raja, had told a press conference at the Parliament lobby a day ago.

Overkill: Pawns in Umno's high-stakes power-play?

Alvin and Vivian had been expected to be charged under the Communications & Multimedia Act at the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court at Jalan Duta on Thursday afternoon, sources close to the duo had told Malaysia Chronicle.

"I know the minister has said there are 3 laws under which they can be charged but there is also the burden of proof. That's not so easy because these two have insulted and offended a lot of people but that may not be criminal. Basically there are only two laws to use - the Communications and Multimedia Act or the Sedition Act," said one of the sources.

However, it appears there has been some late-minute change in plans.

The duo were denied bail and remanded to prison after they were charged under three laws for their controversial Ramadan greeting posted on Facebook and for uploading sex video clips on the web last year. They were charged under the Sedition Act, the Film Censorship Act and the Penal Code at the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court.

They face a maximum jail sentence of 15 years each, with fines, if convicted of the three charges.

"I think the AG will go for maximum sentence. This is clear overkill," MP for Batu Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should not have apologized. They could have claimed that is was chick kut teh that they were eating. That's not haram as Malays do eat that too.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
15 years for posting a stupid photo of eating bak kut teh to get attention? These two must be the 'smartest' couple in the world.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve them right or else both will not grow up

Sometimes I wonder study so much for what better

Eatshitndie

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I think the AG will go for maximum sentence. This is clear overkill," MP for Batu Tian Chua told Malaysia Chronicle

This Tian Chua is quite an attention seeker. He is also quite friendly with some within SDP, a fact that will likely ensure that party remains in the political wilderness indefinitely.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Tian Chua is quite an attention seeker. He is also quite friendly with some within SDP, a fact that will likely ensure that party remains in the political wilderness indefinitely.

The key is not who is affiliated to who but how savvy you are with the political conditions of your landscape. Tian is a twice elected MP and has never lost an election. SDP has grown to become more savvy and it would have been more if not for the Punggol East episode.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, this is so true.

"Yes, Muslims get very upset and angry when the non-Muslims insult Islam. But strangely, when Muslims insult other religions, everybody is quiet and no one speaks up," Dr Siti Mariah Mahmud, the MP for Kota Raja, had told a press conference at the Parliament lobby a day ago.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess mudland police doesn't need to perform their routine swat inspection on Vivian... They can easily check her CB online!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key is not who is affiliated to who but how savvy you are with the political conditions of your landscape. Tian is a twice elected MP and has never lost an election. SDP has grown to become more savvy and it would have been more if not for the Punggol East episode.

It is not just political affiliation but also the fact that people of similar style and approach tend to congregate together. It is also the fact that as politicians in Spore would never go to M'sia and talk about the political system them, so too politicians in M'sia should never come to S'pore and do the same.

http://www.mole.my/content/chuas-comments-strike-sour-note-down-south

http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.sg/2011/09/wassup-tian-chua-wanna-leave-malaysia.html

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy is jobless,..recently got kicked out from NUS.
Girl allegedly works as Kindergarden Teacher
How on Earth , could they afford the 3 lawyers defending them ?
or are there some other hidden hands ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess mudland police doesn't need to perform their routine swat inspection on Vivian... They can easily check her CB online!

That is why Vivian's mother friend can tell her , " nei go loi ge hi, or tai gor"... ha ha ha ha

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if they post a photo of them picking up carrots and apple and send greetings to malays, i dun think they will be caught..

it is the choice of the meaty food that they choose which land them in trouble.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Likely the 2 will kena cho cho while in remand.
Mudland is an Islamic country after all....you dun get a free pass after doing something public like that.
I believe we will see a reformed and apologetic duo soon.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
25 and 24 respectively... the duo would at most be 40 and 39... whoa... got numbers to buy already :p:p:p

Alvin's anus phua until like Vivian's CB, and Vivian's CB becomes even more phua by lesbian fisting. If there's one thing prison butches really hate, it is a newcomer who acts hiao and has lots of skanky tattoos on her body.