• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"degree is not important" - now i know why

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]"DEGREE IS NOT IMPORTANT" - NOW I KNOW WHY[/h]
Post date:
3 May 2015 - 11:11am

[Pic Credit: WSJ]

[Reader Advisory:This article contains references to remarks made by PAP Founder, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, which may be hard for some people to accept. If you are not able to engage yourself from an objective and academic perspective, please do not proceed. By proceeding, you have agreed unconditionally that you understand this fact and that all actions and/or reactions are solely your own doings and you will not held anyone responsible.]

Some time ago, there were a lot of talks from PAP Ministers as well as PM Lee on why "Degree Is Not Important". You can search for it throughout the web, some of them can be found from here and here.

At that time, I was shocked and worried and had included that at the end of one of my chapters advising people to be wary of this statement. Roy had also written an article on this.

Now the air is finally cleared! As validated by the recent events and the newspaper. Degree is not important because you can always get it online. (Like this person says on Facebook)

If PAP Ministers had made this more explicit when making those statements earlier, it would have saved so much time and there would be no need for all those arguments.

For those who are interested to follow the same path, you can simply search on Google for it. Which university or course you purchased, or put it more formally, enrolled in, it doesn't matter; whether it is fake/bogus/unaccredited, it doesn't matter too, but remember, no matter which one you finally decided upon, you MUST ensure that you "genuinely believed" that your degree (or purchase) is valid. Of course, you must demonstrate that you have put in your effort to get it, and every mouse-click counts.

I am getting to love the PAP government with each passing day, there are so much flexibility that can be twisted and turned around - it is entirely up to your creativity! No wonder people always said that Singaporeans are not flexible enough. Singaporeans, time to wake up and learn from those foreign talents, mingle more with those who could make a difference in your life. The game rule has changed, and if you are always so down-to-earth and inflexible, how can you compete with those 'foreign talents'?

However, buying a degree is not always useful for some people. So what if I have a Master degree from a reputable university? In the eyes of the PAP Founder, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, I am still being categorised as "lower educated".

"The lower educated, still believes in the old pantheon of the Chinese Gods and Goddesses, GuanYin and the rest of them. If you are that kind of a Christian and you shun their temples, you shun their 7th 'moon' festival, they will say no, this chap is no good, he is not part of us, you will lose votes. Because I don't see the ground, the grassroot being converted, if the grassroots are converted, well then that is total, then you will also become different [hahahahaha]... then we will become a different society."
In case this ended up as yet another mysterious "Out-Of-Context" again, just like this, this, this, this or even this), the full video can be found here. If you want more of "these" examples, just search for "out of context" together with the word "Singapore".

Although I disagreed with him on categorising intellectual ability based on religious belief, but mind you, he is Mr Lee Kuan Yew, PAP Founder. Whatever he said, no matter how strongly you felt as wrong, it will still be regarded as the truth.
Sometimes, I really marvel the power of votes. If not for votes, would the 'elite' still mingle with the "lower educated"? Or rather, would they even be willing to shake our hands? I don't know, ask them, not me.

Do I need to be converted to increase my educational level? Well, I am reluctant to commit to any specific one because I believed in the Basis Of Singaporean Spirit and preferred an unified view of the cultural differences and hoped to continue as such. However, I will still keep my options open by following advice from Mr Lee Kuan Yew - "observe the grassroot" - if the grassroot are converted, well, then that is total, and we will all be different and we will become a different society. Who knows, maybe it could be something to look forward to.

Lastly, I would like to share 3 chapters of my book (abridged version / Google Play) to the PAP Founder, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, and his fans:
* Are You Superstitious?
* Understanding Cultural Diversity of Singapore
* Why Do You Want to Go to Heaven?

But one problem exists here:

"How do I send it across to Mr Lee Kuan Yew?"

Well, I only know the traditional way of burning it across, and I can possibly do it in a few months time, may be a week or so after celebrating Singapore's 50th birthday.
But if those fans know of a better way, or are making an excursion there soon, I would appreciate it if you could kindly print those chapters and hand-deliver it to him. Thanks in advance for the help.

Basis of a Singaporean Spirit
*Article first appeared on http://basisofsingaporeanspiritboss.blogspot.sg/2015/05/degree-is-not-im...

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article makes a lot of sense.

I remember in the past, "guan xi" was practised on a micro level, in the sense that it's always about "who your father is" which would in turn translate to "what you can bring to the company".

On a macro level, it seems India is now the Big Father. If you're an Indian national, you will be treated favorably because your Big Father in turn offers access for Singapore companies to invest in India etc.

In other words, we RECOGNIZE your fake degree under the CECA.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too late. LKY has reincarnated. When he grows up, you can bring it to him in India.