• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Decline of TOC, TRE, SDP site...What is left?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
wif the demise of TRE.(what did u do to it Scroobal?!)..SDP site becoming stale...decline of TOC...is there anything out there worth a look see...

TOC will decline further especially since Andrew has left. Whatever you can say about Andrew, he did bring drive and passion to TOC.

It is now a lacklustre site. It has degenerated to such an extent that it is not even honest enough to attribute or acknowledge stuff that it lifts from other sites and forums including stuff from this forum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on Andrew but the moment they got gazetted we knew it was the end. I don't think even Andrew being there would have made much of a difference.

TOC will decline further especially since Andrew has left. Whatever you can say about Andrew, he did bring drive and passion to TOC.

It is now a lacklustre site. It has degenerated to such an extent that it is not even honest enough to attribute or acknowledge stuff that it lifts from other sites and forums including stuff from this forum.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
NAR is the work of Donaldson Tan and Kelvin Teo the founder and lead writer and soul of the original Kent Ridge Common. Both were screwed by Double Chin. They are probably the best and most reliable and certainly don't have a fake British PPE. Unfortunately they are following a commercial model and does not have the "rebel tag" that people are looking for.

NN is led by SPH and Journalism reject and Nicole boyfriend Belmont Lay and 2 ex-TOC folks - Fang Shihan and Terence Lee. The problem is that they are not sure what they want to offer.

For both , unfortunately penetrating articles are not there and understandly so after the muzzling of TOC.

Donaldson, Kelvin and Shihan are probably the best and brightest that we have. Wish they were a team.

Brother, interesting that you mentioned KRC.

It is run by an editor Koh Choon Hwee, http://kentridgecommon.com/?page_id=156
who told the world she voted for Tony Tan

http://kentridgecommon.com/?p=13326

"Last night I had dinner with two professors and a professor’s wife, whom I also regard as a mentor. When asked, I candidly revealed that I was going to vote for Tony Tan. My professor and his wife barely concealed their surprise – why?"

I now think KRC is taken over. Obviously, this Choon Hwee is not Joseph Ong in terms of political alignment.

So what are your thoughts?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish I had a hand where TRE is concerned. I understand that the good doctor's direct link to TRE has been established. TOC the moment it was gazetted was a gonner. It is more a social site. SDP is also gone with Jufrie and Cheng running. Seems to be an old folks home for lightweight and lost ex-detainees

I suspect it is going to be relevance and the times that will decide the next phase. I actually think the PAP is on the backfoot not because of opposition tactics but their methods are laughable and no longer savvy in the eyes of the young. Just look at the PE. They nearly lost their pants.

Dear Frens, what has happen to TRE? They close shop?