• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Debt collectors spotted at Lim Tean’s firm call themselves ‘money-recovering avengers’

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1632756734772.png

Singapore – Lawyer and opposition leader Lim Tan made headlines when five debt collectors who brand themselves as “money-recovering avengers” dropped by his law firm to address an outstanding debt.

Legal debt collection service, SDCS Holdings Pte Ltd, filmed the entire process and live-streamed the footage on Facebook last Tuesday (Sept 21).

One of the collectors explained that it was a matter of principle, although the money owed is “not a big amount.”

Although the group did not initially reveal the person they were visiting, a collector said it was someone viewers would recognize.

They eventually arrived at Carson Law firm, with Mr Lim appearing on camera, shaking his head and saying he would settle the amount.

According to SDCS officers, Mr Lim owed S$4,905 to a company after engaging their services to post something on The Straits Times.

The 18-minute video ended with the collectors receiving a cheque for the alleged amount owed.

The SDCS team market themselves as superheroes, “providing justice for their clients.”

More at https://theindependent.sg/debt-coll...rm-call-themselves-money-recovering-avengers/

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually this job quite fun. Especially in Singapore. Where no guns. Quite safe.

Go and scold people, intimidate them, make them uncomfortable, ie BULLY them all legally!!!

Really like super hero.

I wonder they got kena any gangsters or not?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this debt collection agencies should not be allowed or only appointed by court.
Otherwise anyone wanting to embarrass another can simply pay them to do so Just by raising a invoice.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Hospitals also engaged 3rd party agent (aka debt collector). I remember my dad owned the hospital admin charge by 5 cents (due do rounding up of the bill at the counter), the hospital debt collector send us letters (about 3 letters within the same time) to chase for the 5 cents. You can imagine the stress caused by this government if poor people owe the hosptial massive amount of bills. My brother went to the counter just to settle the 5 cents. Another incident when my DAD was admitted to hospital many years ago and within 2nd day, the invoicing staff placed a bill under HIS pillow to pass it to us. I told the nurse why the rush to bill when the patient was just admitted and the answer was standard protocol. KNNBCCB PAP.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Hospitals also engaged 3rd party agent (aka debt collector). I remember my dad owned the hospital admin charge by 5 cents (due do rounding up of the bill at the counter), the hospital debt collector send us letters (about 3 letters within the same time) to chase for the 5 cents. You can imagine the stress caused by this government if poor people owe the hosptial massive amount of bills. My brother went to the counter just to settle the 5 cents. Another incident when my DAD was admitted to hospital many years ago and within 2nd day, the invoicing staff placed a bill under HIS pillow to pass it to us. I told the nurse why the rush to bill when the patient was just admitted and the answer was standard protocol. KNNBCCB PAP.

thanks for highlighting how stupid and frightened the civil service can be.....no fucking common sense

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you have a 流氓政权 running the show, its normal to have ah-bengs harassing those they dislike.