• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death Penalty in SG?

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz wondering what samsters think about the death penalty in sing sing and the role of the president in it?

Are u guys for or against death penalty?

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully support the death penalty. In fact, I think it should be expanded to be punishment for corruption, rape, armed robbery, drink driving & assualt.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I fully support the death penalty. In fact, I think it should be expanded to be punishment for corruption, rape, armed robbery, drink driving & assualt.

For rape, death penalty is too heavy a punishment. But cut of the offender's birdie will suffice!

Drink driving and assualt, cane karcheng will suffice!!

:smile:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a supporter of the death penalty. Although I am fiercely anti PAP. Imagine that society can afford to house hundreds of thousands of criminals but we cannot feed the homeless and the poor. How much sense does that make?

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11131982af27e67c49abc95b1d6d13463359a808.jpg

"Don't talk cock about sg laws. Until now police got not balls to take action against me hahaha.."

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for drug peddlers, cold blood murderers, etc - death penalty is necessary. I cannot imagine supporting their stay in prison (even if they have life sentence) with my taxes.

jw5

Loyal

Hope what you mean is drink driving and assault that resulted in death.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Death Penalty is a MUST for Drug Traffickers and Cold Blooded Murderers, and Child abuse cases that resulted in death of the victim.... I won't feel sorry at all if these people are being hanged for these mentioned crimes.

Paedophiles must also be given good lashes of the rotan on their asses.

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont scrap the Death Penalty, acts as a good deterrence....

Will even suggest extending this to rapists or molestors of young kiddos....

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont scrap the Death Penalty, acts as a good deterrence....

Will even suggest extending this to rapists or molestors of young kiddos....

Why not introduce torture? I'm sure death by a thousand cuts would be a greater deterrent than hanging. Sinkie sheep are like children - cannot be motivated by the carrot. The stick i.e fear is the only way to control these infantile people.

Last edited:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty

The use of the death penalty is becoming increasingly restrained in some retentionist countries including Taiwan and Singapore. [54] Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and the United States are the only developed countries that have retained the death penalty. The death penalty was overwhelmingly practiced in poor and authoritarian states, which often employed the death penalty as a tool of political oppression. During the 1980s, the democratisation of Latin America swelled the rank of abolitionist countries. This was soon followed by the fall of communism in Central and Eastern Europe, which then aspired to enter the EU. In these countries, the public support for the death penalty varies but is generally supported.[55] The European Union and the Council of Europe both strictly require member states not to practice the death penalty (see Capital punishment in Europe). On the other hand, rapid industrialisation in Asia has been increasing the number of developed retentionist countries. In these countries, the death penalty enjoys strong public support, and the matter receives little attention from the government or the media, however in China there is a small but growing movement to abolish the death penalty altogether.[56] This trend has been followed by some African and Middle Eastern countries where support for the death penalty is high.
Some countries have resumed practicing the death penalty after having suspended executions for long periods. The United States suspended executions in 1967 but resumed them in 1977, then again on 25 September 2007 to 16 April 2008; there was no execution in India between 1995 and 2004; and Sri Lanka declared an end to its moratorium on the death penalty on 20 Nov. 2004,[57] although it has not yet performed any executions. The Philippines re-introduced the death penalty in 1993 after abolishing it in 1987, but abolished it again in 2006.
For further information about capital punishment in individual countries or regions, see: Australia · Canada · People's Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) · Europe · India · Iran · Iraq · Japan · New Zealand ·Pakistan· Philippines · Russia · Singapore · Taiwan · United Kingdom · United States
Execution for drug-related offences
Main article: Capital punishment for drug trafficking
Some countries that retain the death penalty for murder and other violent crimes do not execute offenders for drug-related crimes. The following is a list of countries that currently have statutory provisions for the death penalty for drug-related offences.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I support capital punishment for repeat offenders and hardcore criminals. It must also be applied fairly and without prejudice.

I encourage everyone to read Alan Shadrake's book and arrive at your own conclusion of the death penalty.