• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Death of another tradition

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't remember the alien word chunjie when i was a kid. Now chunjie is fast replacing xinnian here to refer to chinese new year.

A sinkie already complained to the straits times some years back that ch8 news and variety shows started to use chunjie, saying that only the northern tiongs use chunjie for CNY.

Chun Jie was used together with xin nian during my younger days, but mostly xin nian....I think chun jie was used when one mention cleaning up the house for 'junks' before the new year kicks in, out with the old, in come the new.

Our stupid porlumpars press these days have no 'culture' to call to...since they started to 'suck' the PAP..whatever!..so, they just blindly follow, what they think in CHINESE, MALAY, or INDIAN...they might as well include Filipino, maybe soon, one day we will have a Filipino PR becoming a MP.