• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dear SAM LEONG. WTF Is This?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF is this? Very frequent nowadays.

<table id="container" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>
image.php
</td> <td id="bodytitle" width="100%">Database error</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">The database has encountered a problem.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><hr></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2"> Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.singsupplies.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">The www.singsupplies.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">
We apologise for any inconvenience.</td></tr></tbody></table>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah Yeah as often as the flood now.....overload is it. maybe pipe too small and traffic heavy. Must upgrade lah.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
WTF is this? Very frequent nowadays.

<table id="container" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>
image.php
</td> <td id="bodytitle" width="100%">Database error</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Various database routines run every few hours and when these routines coincide with high traffic, the server can't handle the load.

In order to fix this problem, I need to run the database on a separate server but that would double the overheads of running the forum.

If the forum had evolved the way I was hoping it would, I wouldn't mind investing in more hardware in order to keep things running smoothly. However, I'm sad to say that the quality of the discourse simply doesn't warrant additional expenditure.

Most the members here are rude, uncouth and hell bent on causing trouble. There are more people trying to destroy the exchange of info than there are those who contribute positively. You're a classic example. Just look at the way you phrased your title.:rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah! dun say like this lah, you all! We all here to exchange info,vent frustrations and so on. So dun take things too hard,okay!:wink::smile:

Various database routines run every few hours and when these routines coincide with high traffic, the server can't handle the load.

In order to fix this problem, I need to run the database on a separate server but that would double the overheads of running the forum.

If the forum had evolved the way I was hoping it would, I wouldn't mind investing in more hardware in order to keep things running smoothly. However, I'm sad to say that the quality of the discourse simply doesn't warrant additional expenditure.

Most the members here are rude, uncouth and hell bent on causing trouble. There are more people trying to destroy the exchange of info than there are those who contribute positively. You're a classic example. Just look at the way you phrased your title.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
aiyah! dun say like this lah, you all! We all here to exchange info,vent frustrations and so on. So dun take things too hard,okay!:wink::smile:

I take nothing personally. Sam is nothing more than a moniker. My role has always been to provide a platform for debate where members have the confidence that their confidentiality is maintained. I post messages simply for the fun of it and how other members behave towards me makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

When I moved away from Delphi to my own server, I was hoping that the feuding, the flame wars, the dimwits and the loonies who can only converse in Singlish would carry on using the Delphi platform. However, many of them were the first to register accounts here so they could continue their dastardly deeds.

I've pretty much lost interest in running the forum. For that reason, I have installed a bunch of scripts that help keep the place as neat and tidy as possible. I'll be the first to admit that the enthusiasm has died and keeping things going has become a mundane chore.

I often wonder why I don't just close shop and be done with it.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam,

You have done well! I enjoy and reading pple poking you,quite funny at times! dun close shop,please! If you close, I will be at a loss! Imagine how many pple out there like me>we all here to get away from the realities of life. Sometimes, come here, we need to pat your back,and you pat my back, suaning and poking pple, it's just great! good for everyone psychologically,you are doing a very great job!

If you need any form of support, new scripts,can let me know! I may be able to contribute. :wink:

So please dun close shop! Many thanks sincerely!:smile:

If I strike toto this friday, i will sponsor you with a new server to fiddle with and play ard with. Like this one, a SUN E10K,how abt it?:wink:

I take nothing personally. Sam is nothing more than a moniker. My role has always been to provide a platform for debate where members have the confidence that their confidentiality is maintained. I post messages simply for the fun of it and how other members behave towards me makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

When I moved away from Delphi to my own server, I was hoping that the feuding, the flame wars, the dimwits and the loonies who can only converse in Singlish would carry on using the Delphi platform. However, many of them were the first to register accounts here so they could continue their dastardly deeds.

I've pretty much lost interest in running the forum. For that reason, I have installed a bunch of scripts that help keep the place as neat and tidy as possible. However, I'll be the first to admit that the enthusiasm has died and keeping things going has become a mundane chore.

I often wonder why I don't just close shop and be done with it.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Sam, you want to add BAR-rage vs BER-rage?:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam,

You have done well! I enjoy and reading pple poking you,quite funny at times! dun close shop,please! If you close, I will be at a loss! Imagine how many pple out there like me>we all here to get away from the realities of life. Sometimes, come here, we need to pat your back,and you pat my back,

I don't need pats on the back. What I need is an audience that has a reasonable IQ and the ability to understand satire and detect sarcasm when it is present.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what I like abt hanging ard in this forum! If pple can't interpret satire and sarcasm, just ignore them lah!:wink::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't need pats on the back. What I need is an audience that has a reasonable IQ and the ability to understand satire and detect sarcasm when it is present.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Sam,

you are beginning to sound like a PAPee dog.

No money upgrade hosting service say so la! :oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whenever I encounter the database error, I will be thinking of you getting a databurst in your servers..have you also taken up 'taichi'....:biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha! not trying to carry balls. but i think sam did our country a great service by starting this kopitiam forum many years back. now a lot of people copycat in delphi, got wat kopitiam 3 in 1 majiam majiam. at least we can criticise gov, pap and policies openly here. i think sam deserve to be confer highest honour in sinkapoor for starting the trend. anyway he is still hanging on.
阿密陀佛!功德无量!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you! Give him the highest ORDER Of The Nation; for services rendered since 1996.

He thought I was rude?

KNN..... I addressed him using "Dear". He probably thought WTF means "What The Fuck".

KNN...I feel so insulted. My english also very powderful. WTF means "Whither Thou Find". Ye olde english lah Mr. Leong.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha! not trying to carry balls. but i think sam did our country a great service by starting this kopitiam forum many years back. now a lot of people copycat in delphi, got wat kopitiam 3 in 1 majiam majiam. at least we can criticise gov, pap and policies openly here. i think sam deserve to be confer highest honour in sinkapoor for starting the trend. anyway he is still hanging on.
阿密陀佛!功德无量!

Give him the PBM???

Pooh Bor Medal:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not close this last bastion of anti-PAP forum. I will have nowhere else to bash PAP anymore. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
hey... no need to get personal even if you dont agree with sam..
it is call difference of opinion..
mind you..Sam pays for everything in this forum
frrm the server to the bandwidth etc..
and has never ask for sponsorship.
Now... lift up your skirt, find your testicles and
have a discussion like an adult

Dear Sam,

you are beginning to sound like a PAPee dog.

No money upgrade hosting service say so la! :oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey... no need to get personal even if you dont agree with sam..
it is call difference of opinion..
mind you..Sam pays for everything in this forum
frrm the server to the bandwidth etc..
and has never ask for sponsorship.
Now... lift up your skirt, find your testicles and
have a discussion like an adult

U obviously don't get sacarsm. I will pray for u though.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

34oejrk.jpg

Close this forum? This forum would not have been a success without the PAP. Get it? '