• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DeaLing with Dementia..any bros with 1st hand's advise ?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OLd man's memory is certainLy deteriorating by the day..on some days he's himseLf, but on other
days his 'circuit' just go short.:cool:
We are not Living together, hence our famiLy are worried what happens if one day he might just do a
disappearing act aLtogether !
Wonder which bros here have gone through this episode with any of the kins before..; and what shouLd one be mentaLLy be prepared for ?..
Thanks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
OLd man's memory is certainLy deteriorating by the day..on some days he's himseLf, but on other
We are not Living together, hence our famiLy are worried what happens if one day he might just do a
Wonder which bros here have gone through this episode with any of the kins before..; and what shouLd one be mentaLLy be prepared for ?..
Thanks.

Look for Kuan Yew, his family got a lot of information on dementia.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My late mother suffers from Dementia, keeps disappearing from the house, even with a helper looking after her. Fortunately, she will disappear to the market & food centre where every body knows her well, so locating her wasn't difficult. But, her frequent disappearance was really disturbing for you can't watch a person every minute of the hour, unless you shackle that person or tie to a chair!. We have no choice but to dismiss the helper & put her in a home; where she can be care for & look after 24 hours a day. She pass on in the home.

I have a friend whose father was of a similar condition, they employed a helper, but the dad found the house keys of the flat & disappeared. They was about to make a missing person report, after a few days of searching, and they tried the hospitals, & managed to find the dad there, with no ID etc.. Eventually, they place him in a home too & he too pass on there.

Mentally prepared to talk to an empty shell, & on days, when "there is sound & picture", the program that is playing goes back years, & people & events you might not even know. Prepare for "who are you"...my mother will ask that, to everyone that sees her, but me, she knows! (:-

They will do things they do not remember, so gas stoves, refrigerator, electrical appliance, kitchen utensils etc.. are dangerous , the home is the only answer..

but, if you have a lot of money ( 3 peanuts or so) or have a lot of properties & finding out that you have early dementia, I can give you my name, rank & IC number plus your choice of bank account, so that I can look after it for you, if you can't remember! heh heh heh heh

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks bro haLsey for that great insight.I can gather from you that a Home is the onLy way out ?..or is there any
medication one can consume to deLay the onset of dementia ? ..
Btw, forget about the Last para; as we dont have that much peanuts.:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bro haLsey for that great insight.I can gather from you that a Home is the onLy way out ?..or is there any
medication one can consume to deLay the onset of dementia ? ..
Btw, forget about the Last para; as we dont have that much peanuts.:wink:

For consultation, half a peanut will do! heh heh heh, don't think medical science have a cure for that, that is no medicine, there maybe medication to slow down the process, better ask the doctor, they are trained for that.

It is frightening, if we have parents who have dementia, the next generation or next...is like playing "Russian Roulette", won't know who will get 'shot' ! but the odds are in our favour....some or one will get it too...hmmm, so while you still remember clearly, good that you pass some 'peanuts' over... ha ha ha ha

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks Like i have to sign up a 'Locator' pLan first & foremost with a TeLco 1st..

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

Have you tried Virgin Coconut oil, not sure if this works, however see attached U tube clip.

THIS SHOULD MAKE US SIT UP AND PAY ATTENTION.
After watching this video I'm sure going to look into this and check it out. If this is true, I'll be heading straight to the food store and buy some and start taking it every day.

watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ZZOR-Qd3QSg

Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy - CBN.com

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

Consult that Papziz dog, pallkia whose father and mother are suffering from Alzheimer and Parkinson's disease.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ninama eh, for aLL i know know now; this forum cannot find any serious advices one..:cool:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ninama eh, for aLL i know know now; this forum cannot find any serious advices one..:cool:

Now then you know. :biggrin:

Our TCSS brothers already give you face, never come in here to TCSS. The crowd swarming your threads are the usual anti government lunatics :p

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now then you know. :biggrin:

Our TCSS brothers already give you face, never come in here to TCSS. The crowd swarming your threads are the usual anti government lunatics :p

But this thread is not a TCSS one..and whatever it is, i got your pointer bro.Thanks too.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You might like to consider doing a Hilarion Reading for your father (and yourself, if you've personal questions you wanna ask that nobody in the world can answer you on). Hilarion can offer specific dietary advice and suggestions for various medical conditions, including neurological conditions such as dementia.

Edit : Terry1965 mentioned raw coconut fats/oils. That's one of Hilarion's advice as well. Raw fats (eg. raw coconut oil) is often mentioned by Hilarion as having a healing function particularly for neurological conditions.

For people familiar with Edgar Cayce, Hilarion Readings are something similar (superior in fact, for several reasons), but available to anyone today with a credit card.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not you La bro..thanks again for your earLier postings.

Let me tell you, no medicine, western or whatever have found a cure for dementia etc.. they may ease the onset, they may help the person suffering from it, but one thing is clear....they will fade into the sunset, that is the sad part; we have to live with.

The only way is , give that person the care & comfort & attention & love, and let that person, live out his/her last days. :biggrin:

So live life today...and be thankful for tomorrow, and you still remember to come to SBF and know what you are talking about.. ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

DubLi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me tell you, no medicine, western or whatever have found a cure for dementia etc.. they may ease the onset, they may help the person suffering from it, but one thing is clear....they will fade into the sunset, that is the sad part; we have to live with.

Bro, have you watched the video posted by another brother
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ZZOR-Qd3QSg

Dr Newport and CBN.com explained how Alzheimer disease can be reversed with coconut oil. Isn't this better than not doing anything to stem the effects Alzheimer disease?

Go to http://chairman.stemtechbiz.com.my. Watch the video. This product does the same. It can reverse the effects of dementia, Alzheimer and Parkinson's disease. The sad part is to fade into the sunset, doing nothing about it!

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Research has found that Indians that eat alot of curry do not suffer from Dementia, so maybe it is the coconut, and spices found in the curry.?