• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS CNY reservation website fucking crashed like no tomorrow

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forum: Still no success on second attempt to reserve notes online

JAN 26, 2021

I thank DBS Bank for its reply, in which it said more slots for the online reservation of new notes would be available from the past Sunday (DBS to make available more slots for reservation of notes online, Jan 23).

But my second experience with the reservation system turned out to be just as frustrating.

I tried logging in to the website at 9am on Sunday. And similar to what I experienced last week, the reservation system seemed unable to handle the load.

I spent nearly four hours trying to make a reservation, but I kept receiving error messages from the system and eventually gave up.

DBS is one of the largest banks in Singapore serving many residents, and I wonder how many customers faced the same issue.

Han Ming Guang

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forum: DBS system for online reservation of notes not well designed

JAN 26, 2021

The software used by DBS Bank for the online reservation of new notes is badly designed.

Users are required to try selecting different dates and collection centres, but might then get an apology message saying the selection has been fully taken.

A well-designed system would instead check the database for available slots and centres, and present them for users to select.

Why have users go through the process if slots are already taken?

Choo Hock Lye

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is this sinkie obsession over new notes? old or new, it is the same value as stated on the bank note.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DBS/POSB is also going to force all of its account holders to switch over to a digital app token from April 2021 onwards.

This will be fun. :cool: