• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

David Beckham hoping to become American citizen

G

Guan Ping

David Beckham hoping to become American citizen

David Beckham wants to make his move to the America permanent by becoming US citizen – but insists he will always remain true to his English roots.

Published: 5:10PM GMT 04 Nov 2010

david-beckham_1470120c.jpg

David Beckham wants to take out US citizenship Photo: GETTY IMAGES

The LA Galaxy player, who has lived in Beverly Hills since 2007, said he would like to take out citizenship. "I hope so, one day. It would be nice," he said. But he added: "I'm English born and bred and that's the way I'll always be. I'm an Englishman, you know."

He said his family, wife Victoria and sons Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, eight, and Cruz, five, plan to stay in America for the foreseeable future. Beckham told the LA Times newspaper: "Our boys go to school here. As long as they continue to be happy here and my wife's happy here, then we plan on staying."

British residents are allowed to have dual citizenship. Like other immigrants he would have to take a citizenship test on his knowledge of US government and the constitution.