• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Datuk Lee Chong Wei apologises for hooligan Namewee's vulgar Youtube rant

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chong Wei apologises over video insulting Lin Dan

News

2012-08-11 16:44

BEIJING Aug 11, (Bernama) -- Datuk Lee Chong Wei has apologised over controversial rap singer Wee Meng Chee or Namewee's video clip which was insulting to China's badminton star, Lin Dan.

"I'm sorry about that video, I know nothing about that song too, I am here to say sorry to every one, hopefully Chinese fans can forgive this," said Lee on his personal Chinese microblogging website on weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter.

Recently, Namewee uploaded his own-created video clip on the website, which contained abuses in Hokkien against Lin Dan after Chong Wei lost 21-15, 10-21, 19-21 to the Chinese in the men's singles badminton final of the London Olympics at the Wembley Arena.

This clip subsequently spread throughout major forums and has caused much resentment among Chinese fans.

Chinese online media, Souhu reported that Namewee defended himself as saying he was only expressing his feelings like an ordinary fan.

"Normally, fans were only scolding at home, while I just made it as a video to show it out, " he claimed.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Filmaker Namewee sorry over Lin Dan video

New Straits Times
Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR - Filmmaker and musician Namewee has apologised over his video clip which insulted China's badminton star Lin Dan.

Namewee posted the apology on his Facebook page on Friday. It read: "I'm here to openly apologise to the world for insulting Lin Dan in the video.

I made the clip merely to invite Lee (Chong Wei) to watch it, but made a big mistake by verbally attacking Lin Dan. I'm very sorry."

He hoped the incident would not affect the image of Malaysians who were kind-hearted, generous and easy-going.

The video clip was uploaded on YouTube last Monday, after Lee lost 21-15, 10-21, 19-21 to the Chinese player in the men's singles badminton final at the London Olympics.

In the four-and-a-half minute clip, Namewee began by praising Chong Wei, but ended the video by criticising Lin Dan with a string of profanities and threats to beat him up.

Hours later, the clip had gone viral and had caused resentment among Chinese fans.

The Malaysian Association of China Students Alumni said the people of China were upset when they viewed the clip on YouTube.

Its president, Huang Bin, said the video was "uncalled for".

"In China, people praised Chong Wei for his courage and having done the best he could for Malaysia by winning the silver medal in the Olympics," Huang Bin said.

The association decided against lodging a police report after Namewee's apology.

"We on the behalf of China, have forgiven Namewee. We hope he will not repeat such a thing again."