• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclists will soon own all the roads.......

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
#LTA (Land Transport Authority)#Cycling/Bicycles#Road closures

LTA to trial new on-road cycling lane in Seletar from Oct 16​

September 02, 2022
published at 3:15 PMByLuke 'Perry' Pereira
220902_west_camp_road_google_maps.jpg

Singapore’s LTA is to introduce a six-month trial of a road lane that can be only used by buses and bicycles from 5am to 11am every Sunday.
Google Maps

Starting from Oct 16, 2022, until April 16, 2023, there will be a trial of a new cycling lane concept in Seletar along West Camp Road.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced that the Sunday cycling lane will be demarcated by solid blue lines, and can be used only by buses and cyclists every Sunday from 5am till 11am.
More from AsiaOneRead the condensed version of this story, and other top stories with NewsLite.
It will run in both directions of the road, and cyclists will be able to ride in groups larger than 10.

Cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and personal mobility devices are not allowed to use the lane during those hours.
LTA-to-trial-new-on-road-cycling-route-in-Seletar.jpeg
PHOTO: LTA
The new cycling lane along West Camp Road was selected for trial as the LTA felt that traffic is relatively low from 5am to 11am, with cyclists making up about 85 per cent of the road's users.
There is currently only one dedicated, permanent on-road cycling lane in Singapore, along Tanah Merah Coast Road in Changi East.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent initiative. I have a bunch of bananas in the glove box I now know where the peels will go. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
LTA is smart, found one more way to increase their revenue. Collect money from cyclists and motorists when they flout the law.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
nice... will invest in a new road bike.

wait, bus can use the same lane? not a dedicated lane for cyclists? then will not get a new bike for it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Majority of cyclist are FT, their lives matters most to Pappies

I suspect some of the top pappies are full kit wanker cyclists themselves, or their constituents are full kit wanker cyclists. The tell-tale signs are all there e.g. yellow lines and signage at the park connector lanes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe there are military vehicles in that area because Seletar Camp is nearby. Good luck cyclists. :biggrin: