• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclist in the wrong but bus driver arrested

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to scorn at them too, until I started putting the spandex on myself. 90% of them are normal people, social media ignorant keyboard warriors portrayed them as evils. How many of them have you personally encountered that behaved badly? The spandex are worn not for vanity, you simply can’t wear anything else to ride a 100km without falling off a road bike. Keep an open mind. Just as SG Road Vigilante made cyclists appear as death deserving evil people, the bad drivers I encounter on the road in my years of cycling are very very few.
You missed the most salient point. Road cyclists are antisocial. In the good old days roads are made for horses and horse carriages. Peasants can use the roads but are expected to move aside when the carriages ride through. Such is the natural order of society.

Spandex road cyclists are troublemakers who do not respect the natural order. They are sociopaths holding up everyone else from going about their day. Finally they are not us. Road cycling is a foreign obsession, incompatible with our way of life that foreigners are imposing on us. I see no reason to accommodate such selfish demands without any prospect of reciprocity. Brainwashed sinkies should be detained and reeducated to use our wide network of park connectors instead. :mad: :FU::FU::FU::FU:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You missed the most salient point. Road cyclists are antisocial. In the good old days roads are made for horses and horse carriages. Peasants can use the roads but are expected to move aside when the carriages ride through. Such is the natural order of society.

Spandex road cyclists are troublemakers who do not respect the natural order. They are sociopaths holding up everyone else from going about their day. Finally they are not us. Road cycling is a foreign obsession, incompatible with our way of life that foreigners are imposing on us. I see no reason to accommodate such selfish demands without any prospect of reciprocity. Brainwashed sinkies should be detained and reeducated to use our wide network of park connectors instead. :mad: :FU::FU::FU::FU:
I can see that you have a strong preference to continue living under a shell. Good thing the world is not ruled by people with your kind of dubious wisdom.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man taken to hospital after bus and bicycle involved in collision; bus driver suspended​

dummy.gif

The bus driver alighted immediately after the accident to check on the cyclist.

1636542264004.png

The bus driver alighted immediately after the accident to check on the cyclist.PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO READER
Syarafana Shafeeq

Nov 10, 2021

SINGAPORE - A 43-year-old man was taken to hospital after an SMRT double-decker bus and a bicycle were involved in a collision on Tuesday night (Nov 9).
The accident occurred at the junction of Marsiling Drive and Admiralty Road.
Director of bus operations for SMRT Buses, Mr Lee Yong Heng, told The Straits Times on Wednesday (Nov 10) that the bus driver has been suspended from driving duties.
The Singapore Police Force said it was alerted to the accident at about 11.35pm on Tuesday and that the cyclist was conscious when he was taken to hospital.
An ambulance from the Singapore Civil Defence Force took the man to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.
Investigations are ongoing.

A witness told Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao that there were about 10 passengers on the bus at the time of the accident.
The paper also reported that the bus driver alighted immediately after the accident to check on the cyclist.
Said Mr Lee: "Our care team has reached out to the cyclist's family to render support and assistance. We are working with the authorities on the investigations.
"Safety is our top priority."