• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

curry fish head

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is one in turf city. b4 upgrading the place, the fish in claypot was initially selling for $18. then with inflation, it went up to $20. now it's $25! reason: rental has increased. think now it comes with gst n 10% service charge.

this fish head is served in a whole piece and in sizzling claypot not like the usual which is only halved . what i like about this place is it doesn't use msg or coconut milk so it's not very bloating after eating.

the boss used to be very friendly ( i dun know if he is still the same now). i remember the last time when the claypot was GENEROUSLY served, my couple of friends and i just couldn't finish it. there were lots of veggies and the fish head was like humongous! so i asked the boss whether i could packet it back. boy! he gladly acceded and packet everything into a plastic container. not only that, he suggested that we went into GIANT and bought roti prata, the brand must be KAWAH which really went well with the packet gravy.

this exceptional service from the indian boss had left me with a lasting pleasant memory. and that's why i strongly recommend it to u guys.

Last edited:

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Prata Planet own by the people behind Sin Hoi San seafood.....
I thought that's an odd combo.

Hello boss Narong. At the other end same row as Sin Hoi San in Tiong Bahru is a very big prata coffeeshop also owned by Sin Hoi San they say, don't know what name never eat there didn't bothered.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to be called Mister Prata, and there would be plenty of houseflies buzzing around the tables.

Authentically ah neh dining experience. :biggrin:

The prata and murtabak are a little salty and peppery because I see the guy making them regularly wipe the sweat off his forehead and dig his nose.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
The prata and murtabak are a little salty and peppery because I see the guy making them regularly wipe the sweat off his forehead and dig his nose.

Oy! After your earlier recommendation, I was thinking to go and try.
Now you say this!
Confirm can eat or not? :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can lah. Peak hours damn crowded OK ?

Even after 10:00pm still have people eating there.

Just remember the Chinese saying: 眼不看为净。

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there is one in turf city. b4 upgrading the place, the fish in claypot was initially selling for $18. then with inflation, it went up to $20. now it's $25! reason: rental has increased. think now it comes with gst n 10% service charge.

this fish head is served in a whole piece and in sizzling claypot not like the usual which is only halved . what i like about this place is it doesn't use msg or coconut milk so it's not very bloating after eating.

the boss used to be very friendly ( i dun know if he is still the same now). i remember the last time when the claypot was GENEROUSLY served, my couple of friends and i just couldn't finish it. there were lots of veggies and the fish head was like humongous! so i asked the boss whether i could packet it back. boy! he gladly acceded and packet everything into a plastic container. not only that, he suggested that we went into GIANT and bought roti prata, the brand must be KAWAH which really went well with the packet gravy.

this exceptional service from the indian boss had left me with a lasting pleasant memory. and that's why i strongly recommend it to u guys.

BUT is the fish head fresh bo???