• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of the PAP and Their only Solution

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP is crumbling faster and faster in the public image, with ponding, crashed MRT, Singapore power money ripper, HDB, CPF, old age, medicare and the list goes on. PAP seriously runs a risk of becoming totally irrelevant and yet the solution to save PAP and keep PAP relevent is simple. To figure what is wrong with the Singapore and solve a majority of them is simple. However, the PAP cannot do it now until they do something more important - replace about 50% of the cock suckers in the PAP, YPAP, the SOEs as well as the bureaucracy at management level. Do not worry, since all these people believe they are so great, I am sure the real private sector should be a piece of cake for them. With this carthasis, it does not really matter if there is disenchantment among the dogs and if they squeal as the new system revamp will be different from the corruption and malpractices condone and supported by LKY and other minions. So does PAP have the balls? The opposition party is not the problem - the cancer is in PAP.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The damned problem is those motherfuckers are immune to cancer. Ong Teng died of cancer but that sissy impotently LHL still survives although both contracted at almost the same time.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The opposition party is not the problem - the cancer is in PAP.

bro,
there will always be problems, bureaucracy is one of the biggest monster created in our society, next is the sycophants whom thrive on this monster.
me recommend that all folks should watch the film titled "Brazil", it is really good :p:p:p

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You used the word "irrelevant"... I don't think it means what you think it means.
It would require them to lose every single one of their parliament seats for them to become irrelevant.

As long as they can retain their 67% parliament seats, there's no reason for them to change their ways. It's definitely not going to happen in 2016, so they still have time yet before 2021.

Last edited:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
....me recommend that all folks should watch the film titled "Brazil", it is really good :p:p:p

Sure you understand what the film is talking about? I watched it more than 20 years ago and could not understand a thing what the movie is trying to tell us. The guy sitting beside me, an ang mo guy, shaked his head at the end of the movie and keep telling me he catch no ball leh....

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You used the word "irrelevant"... I don't think it means what you think it means.
It would require them to lose every single one of their parliament seats for them to become irrelevant.

As long as they can retain their 67% parliament seats, there's no reason for them to change their ways. It's definitely not going to happen in 2016, so they still have time yet before 2021.
u sure 2016 will not hit 50%?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,
50% of votes need not translate into 50% of the seats in Parliament with the GRC system.

until 6 5-membered GRC is safely in opposition camp with the same number of Parliamentary seats, the PAP will continue to enjoy the luxury of the ability to bulldoze any policies they deem fit.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
50% of votes need not translate into 50% of the seats in Parliament with the GRC system.

until 6 5-membered GRC is safely in opposition camp with the same number of Parliamentary seats, the PAP will continue to enjoy the luxury of the ability to bulldoze any policies they deem fit.

I know from the pigeon hole theory. However, at 50% votes, you will suddenly see 20 persons in parliament, if not more. It gets very tricky when 50% vote against you to gerrymander.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know from the pigeon hole theory. However, at 50% votes, you will suddenly see 20 persons in parliament, if not more. It gets very tricky when 50% vote against you to gerrymander.

I would love to have a huge celebration come this day. All drinks on me but remember to come back here for more details on location and time.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very sure.
From 75% to 66% to 60%, it's really highly improbable to be 50% next. 56% in 2016 would be considered a very good result for the opposition, I think it would more likely be 57-58% though. Still, it's a long way to go, lots of things can still happen.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly it's difficult to measure the next GE PAP's results as they are doing much revamp no matter how cosmetic it looks. Some do have economic effects even if cosmetic. And even not, just 5% Singaporeans taken in will mean PAP goes back to 1997 and 2006 support.

Heck, I am not even sure WP will retain Aljunied given that from 1 seat to 6 seats at one go is not simple to manage as no opposition party has the infrastructure. This is not to "curse" them, but its reality.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Heck, I am not even sure WP will retain Aljunied given that from 1 seat to 6 seats at one go is not simple to manage as no opposition party has the infrastructure.

as far as me is concerned, my extended family and me still voting for WP in Aljunied GRC & in JooChiat SMC :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever has absolute control of the "$" will be able to control everything and sway things in their favor.

No political pary is cancer free.

Citizens have to learn the art of divide and conquer.