• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Criticising one's government is a right guaranteed in a democratic society.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I continue to say that what we did was not a crime. Criticising one's government is a right guaranteed in a democratic society. By finding us guilty you are as good as saying that we do not have this right. By pronouncing us guilty you are also saying that Singapore is not a democratic society and that this government is an undemocratic one." Chee Siok Chin on being found guilty.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I continue to say that what we did was not a crime. Criticising one's government is a right guaranteed in a democratic society. By finding us guilty you are as good as saying that we do not have this right. By pronouncing us guilty you are also saying that Singapore is not a democratic society and that this government is an undemocratic one." Chee Siok Chin on being found guilty.

She is the kind of people we shld elect into parliament. Articulate, sharp, cutting, daring to challenge, refusing to back down, preparing to go to jail for her beliefs. Not careful buggers, keeping heads down, earning govt's praises...

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is the kind of people we shld elect into parliament. Articulate, sharp, cutting, daring to challenge, refusing to back down, preparing to go to jail for her beliefs. Not careful buggers, keeping heads down, earning govt's praises...

And to think she was forced into discovering her true calling out of the love she has for her brother.

crazyhendrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
She definitely has a lot more courage than most singaporeans added together---that includes me. Have to say they inspire me with their courage, even though most think that they are nuts or a joke to challenge the authority.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
She definitely has a lot more courage than most singaporeans added together---that includes me. Have to say they inspire me with their courage, even though most think that they are nuts or a joke to challenge the authority.
She is up against a terrorist King, not just authority.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal

The quote from her makes me respect her for her conviction.

Perhaps, the political leaders and the SPF should consider watching the movie about Nelson Mandela, "Invictus", where Mandela said "Forgiveness liberates the soul." Reconciliation. Not only to liberate the soul, but for the greater good of Singapore.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The quote from her makes me respect her for her conviction.

Perhaps, the political leaders and the SPF should consider watching the movie about Nelson Mandela, "Invictus", where Mandela said "Forgiveness liberates the soul." Reconciliation. Not only to liberate the soul, but for the greater good of Singapore.

Funny you should happen to post the point in the Mandela quote. I had just finished watching an episode of CSI on the internet and the philosophical message brought across is how counter productive unbridled hatred is. It hobbles the ability for rational judgements. I have decided to resolve not to hate too much.:smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I totally agree with what Chee Siok Chin has said. Rules are too arbitrarily made up and obviously serve the ones in power. Flyers for commercial activity don't need permit, but flyers for political messages not allowed? Furthermore they have explicitly stated they won't grant permit for outdoor political activity! Totally self-serving and undemocratic.

People like Chee Siok Chin have bravely showed us the rules and instruments of power have been blatantly abused, but sadly she has paid a very heavy price for so doing.

As Singaporeans the least we can do is to vote for the opposition, and for democracy for singapore in the next elections.

jw5

Loyal
Criticizing one's government.
Right Guaranteed.
Democratic Society.
You need to get to know him better.

jw5

Loyal
I totally agree.
Problem is that it will be extremely difficult and perhaps near impossible to convince the new citizens and the apathetic and ignorant old citizens.