• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crave Nasi Lemak Food Review

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A1yxwOS.png

Crave (better known as a spinoff of the vastly popular Adam Road nasi lemak by Selera Rasa established in partnership with Pezzo Group) is one culinary gold standard much feted by palates of both the ordinary and famous. The multiple award winning brand (including accolades bestowed by Makansutra and The Straits Times) has fed the likes of the Singapore Prime Minister and Indonesian President; even the Brunei sultan swears by it for breakfast. Premium basmati rice is plated piping hot with ikan bilis, fried egg, choice of chicken or fish plus a generous dollop of homemade sambal chilli on the side. Read: orchestrating a potpourri of contrasting flavors - sweet, savory and spicy all at once.

Granted the aesthetic presentation of the nasi lemak dish invokes considerable hunger pangs, more importantly is it so very delectable to warrant the lavish praise heaped upon by so many?

Sampling and thoughts:

The basmati long grains were full of fluff and incredibly fragrant the first time round, then again we were monumentally disappointed during a repeated visit to a different outlet at Orchard Ion shopping mall. Our portion came from a batch which was evidently undercooked, as such we found ourselves ingesting slightly tough kernels. Apparently there is room for improvement as far as maintaining consistent quality of food across all Crave's kitchens are concerned.

The fried chicken wing set featured one hearty wing basted in a sensationally seasoned crisp batter with succulent, moist meat happening right beneath. The chicken cutlet set unfortunately couldn't satiate our carnivorous appetites, as the quantity of breaded poultry (admittedly also most tender and lip-smacking) served leaves much to be desired.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2018/08/crave-nasi-lemak.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crave Nasi Lemak taste like SHIT!..at that price I was paying, I get a better tasting, not exactly earth shattering though at QiJi & much cheaper!. What a GRAVE mistake I made...never went back there again. Since the Adam Road Food Centre stall became overhyped & 'carry PxP" balls...never gone there to eat anymore..

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the pilot wannabe owner of Adam Road NasiLemak getting a good deal? Crave bascially runs the operations, food stuff.provided by AdamRoadNaziLemak

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
nothing beats nasi lemak from across the causeway, dua puloh sens a packet, whack 3 packets no problem when I was younger, the sambal is sedap! I tell you...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
nothing beats nasi lemak from across the causeway, dua puloh sens a packet, whack 3 packets no problem when I was younger, the sambal is sedap! I tell you...
You must be a Malaysian liar who sets off firecrackers near Ginfreely house in the middle of the night after your nasi lemak escapades. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Now that we've mentioned it, I wonder what's the price of the nasi lemak now. The dua puloh sens per pack was the price in the 80s.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days tos selling Padang rice at Arab St area are all driving BMW, soon they be owning private jet. A plate of cheap plain rice frm Indonesia they charge $1., plus food standard all drop like shit. The famous Rendang shop thats at the corner of Khandahar st now serve dish worse than hawker centre malay stalls. Nasir Lemak more than 3 bugs are for Sultans only.