• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPIB videos

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CPIB give warning...what not to do.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cXHBXiwcArM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moviegoers at Golden Village cinemas may have noticed a video clip depicting a man accepting bribes in a KTV lounge just before screenings of The Dark Knight Rises.

The Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB), which commissioned the advertisement, said that the move to screen the clip during this period was not a result of recent high-profile graft cases.

The bureau told my paper last Wednesday that it decided to screen the video before the latest Batman film - which opened on July 19 - to boost its outreach, as CPIB expects many people to watch the film.

The clip - about how bribes can come in many forms, such as cash and sex - is slated to be screened until the middle of this month.

A CPIB spokesman said the clip is also part of publicity efforts to celebrate its 60th anniversary, and is the first such video to be screened in cinemas here.

The clip is one of three that the CPIB submitted for the International Anti-Corruption Public Service Announcement Video Competition, held in Hong Kong last year.

The competition was organised by the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities, a global anti-graft body with more than 300 organisational members. CPIB's videos came in tops last December, beating those of 28 other international anti-corruption and law-enforcement organisations.

The three videos, inspired by real cases, focus on explaining what corruption is and on correcting common misconceptions.

One clip, which depicts a seafood supplier bribing chefs, highlights that some practices seen as industry traditions might, in fact, be corrupt practices.

Last year, the former owner of Wealthy Seafood Product and Enterprise, Tay Ee Tiong, was jailed 11/2 years for bribing 19 chefs. Four of the chefs were charged in June with receiving kickbacks.

More of such public-education moves can be expected, said CPIB. In the past, its outreach was more targeted and conducted mostly through talks for companies and schools, due to resource constraints.

But in the past year, CPIB has beefed up its resources and manpower, which now stands at about 130 officers.

Ideas that CPIB is exploring include public talks and competitions. And, yes, more public-education videos are expected.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought once you pay high salaries, there will be no corruption.

Oops, I am sorry - corruption is a human flaw and will happen everywhere.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have any clip, about how not to, receive hefty property discount from developers, which others purchasing from the same developer do not receive such SPECIAL DISCOUNT'?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past years CPIB did not work hard at all... Only recently we see corruption cases surfacing on the papers. Blame it on the gambling...

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have any clip, about how not to, receive hefty property discount from developers, which others purchasing from the same developer do not receive such SPECIAL DISCOUNT'?

They cannot as neither the developer nor the buyer is charged.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They cannot as neither the developer nor the buyer is charged.

Oh, so you do the deed and withdraw it and say 'SORRY', best to hold a press conference to do that and everything is O.K hur?

Wonderful, why didn't I think of that!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past years CPIB did not work hard at all... Only recently we see corruption cases surfacing on the papers. Blame it on the gambling...

You want them to work harder, they must lose a few more GRCs in the next election ! LOL

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have a clip reminding ppl that if you're a top dog politically in your country and your brother runs a gambling operation, it will never be labelled corrupt?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have a video of how political leaders can be the richest ppl in the country and they are not corrupt?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How bout a clip starring Darrine Ko--how not to have sex?

Who blew Darinne Ko...! who blew the whistle!, some one who "C" grade, but gave more than the, Mont Blanc Pen, the cheapskate Ipod Touch, the shirts, the "hum chim pan"...or some one who have nothing to give, no front, no back... " I, who have nothing...." some 'sour grapes??

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who blew Darinne Ko...! who blew the whistle!, some one who "C" grade, but gave more than the, Mont Blanc Pen, the cheapskate Ipod Touch, the shirts, the "hum chim pan"...or some one who have nothing to give, no front, no back... " I, who have nothing...." some 'sour grapes??

Remember those piracy videos?

--you would screw a dog, you would screw a cat, so don't screw your prof for grades.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought once you pay high salaries, there will be no corruption.

Oops, I am sorry - corruption is a human flaw and will happen everywhere.

Corruption is like sex. It is human nature, not human flaw.

Everybody has a price, and can be bought.

[video=youtube;Vm4TG56KGZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4[/video]

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corruption is like sex. It is human nature, not human flaw.

Everybody has a price, and can be bought.

[video=youtube;Vm4TG56KGZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4[/video]

why, oh why, tell them that's it's human nature--apologies to Steve Porcaro.