• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CPF system falling apart...with negative interest rates..major changes coming soon..

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
government bond
PUBLISHED WED, MAY 20 2020 8:11 AM EDT
UPDATED 23 MIN AGO

Katrina Bishop
@KATRINABISHOP
Elliot Smith
@ELLIOTSMITHCNBC
KEY POINTS
  • In an auction Wednesday, the U.K. Debt Management Office said it sold £3.8 billion ($4.66 billion) worth of three-year gilts at a yield of minus 0.003 percent.
The U.K. borrowed at a negative interest rate for the first time on Wednesday, amid growing fears of a deep global recession and expectations of further bond buying action from central banks.
In an auction Wednesday, the country's Debt Management Office said it sold £3.8 billion ($4.66 billion) worth of three-year gilts at a yield of negative 0.003%.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN just make sure sinkie can continue to withdraw on monthly basis from 65 to max 70yo or else my uncle will chop off your head and your master head without hesitation KNN
I am wondering what happens if CPF is really broke and issue us with IOU.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
CPF could be a ponzi scheme too. Who knows right?

Can CPF pay up if all account holders applied to withdraw their CPF?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am wondering what happens if CPF is really broke and issue us with IOU.
My uncle think even if cpf is broke they will still use the credit card cover credit card method to rob from below 65 yo sinkies until when snowballed till unable to pay the 65yo until 70yo is the limit my uncle can tolerate KNN as long as you don't need the money now until 65 yo you are considered in safe zone KNN

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's a deferred payment instead of a one lump sum one. Boosting cpf deposits even higher.

CPF functioning like a lifelong annuity is better for sinkies retirement needs. We don't need old sinkies getting cheated of their retirement savings by whores from batam or beer ladies from chinkland.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF functioning like a lifelong annuity is better for sinkies retirement needs. We don't need old sinkies getting cheated of their retirement savings by whores from batam or beer ladies from chinkland.
The whole idea of retirement is invest in your own coffee house or pub. Or whorehouse.but PAP prevents all these businesses from being created.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think even if cpf is broke they will still use the credit card cover credit card method to rob from below 65 yo sinkies until when snowballed till unable to pay the 65yo until 70yo is the limit my uncle can tolerate KNN as long as you don't need the money now until 65 yo you are considered in safe zone KNN
sounds like a ponzi

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
you should try to apply, they need diversity in their staff..

JPY vs USD is so easily read and tradeable for pure alpha profit in any direction..that it is almost risk free..
You got lobang? I can make them lose money like they have never done before.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
moot point. if withdrawals are controlled by laws that can change at a moment's notice, such a situation may not be possible because legality will make it inaccessible. There is currently no mechanism that I am aware of for withdrawing all accounts at the moment. Either all account holders die or all account holders migrate at the same time. That is a very improbable scenario. CPF has got your money for good.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Where I think Singapore CPF system might have a problem is if Singapore start to collapse. SGD$ drop. Economy turns bad. Companies pull out. No jobs.

Then many of these so called PRs will say I go back to my home country. I want my CPF.

Several hundreds of thousands of these all wanting CPF back. See how CPF deals with it.