• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Covid-19 : CB ver 2.0

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
More COVID-19 measures may be necessary as community cases rise: Lawrence Wong

Staff Writer, Singapore
·Editorial Team
19 January 2021, 12:37 am

SINGAPORE — The government is monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully and considering if additional measures are necessary to ensure it remains under control amid a rise in community cases in recent days, said Education Minister Lawrence Wong on Monday night (18 January).

“For the first time in several months we have a local cluster linked to a police para-vet. Unfortunately there were also several recent cases who did not seek medical treatment despite falling ill with flu-like symptoms,” said Wong in a post on his Facebook page.

The co-chair of the multI-ministerial taskforce on COVID-19 was referring to the “case 59280” cluster, named after the para-vet’s case number, which now has six cases linked to it.

On Monday, the Ministry of Health (MOH) reported two more cases in the community – the fifth day in a row where new community infections are reported.

Both community cases are linked to a 44-year-old Singaporean man who works as an administrative officer at the Singapore Police Force's K-9 Unit at its headquarters. They are his wife, a 43-year-old Singaporean woman and homemaker, and a family member, a 66-year-old Malaysian woman.

The man and another family member, a 44-year-old Singaporean woman, were confirmed as cases on Sunday. They were identified as being linked to a 32-year-old Singaporean man who works as a para-vet at the K-9 Unit.

The para-vet himself was confirmed to have COVID-19 on 13 January and his wife was also confirmed to have the disease two days later.

Wong said contact tracers are working hard to identify all the possible contacts, ring-fence the potential cases and prevent them from spreading further.

“Meanwhile please cooperate with all the safe management measures - wear your masks, see a doctor when sick, and do your part to reduce transmission risks. The virus is still circulating silently within our community and we cannot afford to let our guard down.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/more-covi...unity-cases-rise-lawrence-wong-163733634.html

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the PAP needs to do is to close the borders but, no, they will not do it because they have a conflicting goal of rescuing SIA.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why all the angst over a virus that causes either no symptoms or mild symptoms in the vast majority of those infected?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the PAP needs to do is to close the borders but, no, they will not do it because they have a conflicting goal of rescuing SIA.

Rescuing the hotel industry too. :wink:

The WEF meeting might turn into a 'WTF' meeting. :biggrin:

By the way, anyone interested in a staycation? Remember to redeem your Sinkie Rediscover vouchers! :sneaky:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Erm.....because the mass media, governments and WHO tell us it's a deadly disease?

Yes but we all know that politicians can never be trusted and neither can the media and that WHO is funded by China and therefore does its bidding. All everyone needs to do is look at the stats and they'll realise it is no worse than the flu.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes but we all know that politicians can never be trusted and neither can the media and that WHO is funded by China and therefore does its bidding. All everyone needs to do is look at the stats and they'll realise it is no worse than the flu.
Not going to lie, but I like the restriction placed social and public gathering. I hate crowds. I also appreciate the fact that people are now more hygiene conscious. And hopefully stock markets will take another tumble, so I can buy more shares at nice low prices.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is he talking about? The arise is due to the fact that you keep allowing those CECA indians coming in to sg and keep having imported cases. (Even though i know the cases are fake due to the fake testing kits.) Their act is like it is not their fault.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Meanwhile please cooperate with all the safe management measures - wear your masks, see a doctor when sick, and do your part to reduce transmission risks. The virus is still circulating silently within our community and we cannot afford to let our guard down.”

BUT YOU KEEP ALLOWING CECA INDIANS COMING IN TO SINGAPORE AND HAVE IMPORTED CASES!!!!!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
BUT YOU KEEP ALLOWING CECA INDIANS COMING IN TO SINGAPORE AND HAVE IMPORTED CASES!!!!!!!
Yes I agree. We know it's a delicate balancing act (economy, livelihood vs covid containment) but I think they are being too rash and overly enthusiastic in reopening our borders.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAPigs agree to all these import, don know wat the shit they doing, they will bla bla say look at the big picture, to me is how come 77 of PAPigs never go get vaccine,scare?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Not going to lie, but I like the restriction placed social and public gathering. I hate crowds. I also appreciate the fact that people are now more hygiene conscious. And hopefully stock markets will take another tumble, so I can buy more shares at nice low prices.

Altogether now!!! HUAT AH!!!

knnccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
altogether now....song boh?! phase 3 floodgates open wide wide welcum back cheebye cecas, smlj travel bubble, special green lane, no need quarantine can just anyhow cum in, stay 5 star hotel, must prepare special vegetarian meals for cheebye cecas, so they can enjoy eat full and steal jobs, knnccb pui!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
altogether now....song boh?! phase 3 floodgates open wide wide welcum back cheebye cecas, smlj travel bubble, special green lane, no need quarantine can just anyhow cum in, stay 5 star hotel, must prepare special vegetarian meals for cheebye cecas, so they can enjoy eat full and steal jobs, knnccb pui!!
Those who voted pap, you reap what you sow. But knnccb pui, we never voted also kena!