• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Courtesy Campaign (Learn the origins of cooleo)

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
National Courtesy Campaign (Singapore)

The National Courtesy Campaign was a campaign launched in June 1979 by Singapore's Ministry of Culture as a means of encouraging Singaporeans to be more kind and considerate to each other, so as to create a pleasant social environment.[1] It was to be an annual effort by the government to encourage the people to adopt a more courteous attitude and lifestyle. It was seen as a means of ensuring a smooth transition to a new Singapore which would be densely populated, where people lived and worked in high rise towns, offices and factories, while traveling in crowded buses and lifts.[2] In March 2001, the campaign was subsumed by the Singapore Kindness Movement.[3]

Origins

The National Courtesy Campaign was not actually the first of its kind to instill values of courtesy to Singaporeans, though they were not conducted on as big a scale as the National Courtesy Campaign over such a long period. More than 10 years prior to the introduction of the National Courtesy Campaign, there was already a Bus Safety and Courtesy Campaign,[4] which was held in 1968, as well as the National Safety First Council Road Courtesy Campaigns[5] and the Safety and Courtesy Campaign Week[6] which were held between 1972 and 1973 among others. Thus, it can be seen that Singapore had already experimented using campaigns as a means of encouraging Singaporeans to acquire a more courteous disposition in their lifestyle. Nonetheless, the forerunner of the National Courtesy Campaign is usually recognized as the courtesy campaign that was conducted by the Singapore Tourist Promotion Board (STPB).[1][7]

The courtesy campaign conducted by the STPB was meant to teach Singaporeans to be polite only to tourists for the benefit of the tourist industry.[1][7] Then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew’s had followed the courtesy campaigns by the STPB with ‘interest and amusement: interest because most people were responsive to the campaign; amusement because no one protested that it was absurd to teach Singaporeans to be polite to tourists’.[2] In his speech, he stressed the importance of being courteous in one’s everyday life as it would make life better for everyone. It was a desirable attribute which could be found in all cultivated societies, and something which we should practice for Singapore’s own self-esteem.[2] If tourists do find Singapore a courteous nation, it was because it was ‘incidental’.[2] This ‘prodding’[2] by Lee Kuan Yew thus saw the birth of the National Courtesy Campaign, which became a recurrent, annual campaign that was seen as a long-term project of aiming to imbue values of courtesy into Singaporeans within a period of 10 years.[7]

Singa the Courtesy Lion

220px-Singa_the_Courtesy_Lion.png

Represented by a Smiley logo as the campaign kick started, the National Courtesy Campaign had Singa the Courtesy Lion replace the Smiley logo in 1982. The lion was chosen because, in addition to the fact that Singapore was a ‘lion city’, it was believed to paint the picture of the ideal, courteous Singaporean: warm and friendly.[9] In addition, using the race-neutral lion overcame the issue of racial representation.

Singa the Lion is the familiar icon for courtesy that most Singaporeans grew up with. Since then, the Singapore Kindness Movement has adopted Singa as their mascot to promote messages of kindness.

2466990343.png

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok today's lesson for the day is to involve the usage of 'magical' words such as "please" or "may i" in your daily conversation.

Rude Way: Eh where you keep the stapler huh?
cooleo Way: May i know where is the stapler? Thank you.

jw5

Loyal
Ok today's lesson for the day is to involve the usage of 'magical' words such as "please" or "may i" in your daily conversation.

Rude Way: Eh where you keep the stapler huh?
cooleo Way: May i know where is the stapler? Thank you.

"Please may I borrow the stapler."
Guy gives you the stapler.
"Thank you."

:wink:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Please may I borrow the stapler."
Guy gives you the stapler.
"Thank you."

:wink:

Excellent. Could you give us an example of how to include the use of 'magical' words when people scold u KNNBCCB?

jw5

Loyal
Excellent. Could you give us an example of how to include the use of 'magical' words when people scold u KNNBCCB?

"Please may I reply to your comment?"

Ah beng: "Simi lanjiao?"

"Thank you, KNNCCB to you too."

PS: The first B in KNNBCCB is redundant. It means the same as the second N. You're welcome.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Please may I reply to your comment?"

Ah beng: "Simi lanjiao?"

"Thank you, KNNCCB to you too."

PS: The first B in KNNBCCB is redundant. It means the same as the second N. You're welcome.

No leh, not redundant lah. Kan Nin NaBu Chao CheeBye (not scolding you, just explaining) = Fuck (Kan) Your (Nin) Mother (NaBu) Stinky (Chao) Cunt (CheeBye). Anyway how to rid such words from the forum? Someone even using KNNBCCB as nick, but he's quite a good forummer too. NaBu is two-character compound lah. But of course can be abbreviated and understood like KNB = Kan Nin Bu. But KNNB in full more power! :wink:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
No leh, not redundant lah. Kan Nin Na Bu Chao CheeBye (not scolding you, just explaining) = Fuck Your Mother Stink Cunt. Anyway how to rid such words from the forum? Someone even using KNNBCCB as nick, but he's quite a good forummer too.

Also not scolding u, please may I explain further.............. :o

In Taiwan, they only have 3 word or 6 word vulgarities, no seven word.

It's either KNN (kan ne niang) or KNNCCB (kan ne niang chao chee bye)

In SG, the vulgarity has been bastardized into nin na bu where actually the na should be niang and the bu is redundant.
Thank you for your attention. :o

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

In SG, the vulgarity has been bastardized into nin na bu where actually the na should be niang and the bu is redundant.

What I understand is in Hokkien, Singapore NaBu actually corrupted from LaoBu because the Nin infront Lao became pronounced as Na. Well well, just for fun. No point being too educated in vulgarities. Cheers!

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone even using KNNBCCB as nick, but he's quite a good forummer too.

Yes I agree... Bro KNNBCCB is a nice chap, one of the first to give me points when I first joined this forum...I just love his humour and his famous siggy... And it helps knowing that both of us have a commom interest in our dislike for Ah nehs..:smile: He's not been around for a few days now.. Kinda miss his presence man...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, I enjoyed KNNBCCB. Please ask your ah bu to wash next time. And please thank your mom on my behalf, I enjoyed it very much the other day. May I ask for another session?

Courtsey begins with me :smile:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope milky Nicole Seah is reading this and make the corrections accordingly....in future :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kinda like Cooleo. He can put up a courtesy mascot, smile, then spew vulgarities. :wink:

I think I agree with what's he's trying to say, correct me if I wrong. Courtesy is good but not meant for those who don't deserve it.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kinda like Cooleo. He can put up a courtesy mascot, smile, then spew vulgarities. :wink:

I think I agree with what's he's trying to say, correct me if I wrong. Courtesy is good but not meant for those who don't deserve it.

Haha wow i need to up u man. Many assholes think i am public enemy here.

Which made me reflect and.....thought....

"FUCK THEM!" :rolleyes:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Haha wow i need to up u man. Many assholes think i am public enemy here.

Which made me reflect and.....thought....

"FUCK THEM!" :rolleyes:

Congrats on finding a cocksucker for yourself in such a short time :biggrin: