• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Counter example to PAP Victor Lye’s Facebook posting

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/09/20/counter-example-to-pap-victor-lyes-facebook-posting/

Dear TRE,

I read your article on PAP activist Victor Lye trying to blame WP Town Council for shoddy work.

Geylang Serai Market

Let me offer you a counter example of a PAP-led Town Council in Marine Parade GRC who did a brilliant job just this week alone (note my heavy sarcasm).

This week alone, I am but one of the many, very pissed off residents living in Kembangan area.

In my area, we have three wet markets cum hawker centres, all within a limited distance from each other: Eunos Crescent, Geylang Serai and Haig Road.

Lots residents and non-residents alike depend on them. Normally, when spring cleaning is done in a week, one market cum hawker centre is shut down and the other two continue to operate and spring cleaning done on other week or month.

So can you imagine our annoyance that our Town Council decided to do spring cleaning of all three of them at the same time in the same week??

This week, starting on Monday 15th Sept, Eunos Crescent market was closed for 5 days, Geylang Serai was closed for 2 days and Haig Road for 3 days…. WTF!!!!

Can you imagine the bloody inconvenience to residents and anyone else who patronize this area?

Can you imagine the disruption to the livelihood of the hawkers and merchants at the markets?

Now, if my area were to be an opposition ward, imagine the hue and cry that would have been raised by the Environment Minister, grassroots leaders and merchant associations and all played up to the hilt in the mainstream media?

Of course, we would have PAP activists like Victor Lye who would be writing on his Facebook to gravely highlight this serious matter… But, as you can well see, not a squeak about this closures at all anywhere and they just did it, my amazing town council.

So what were the MPs in my ward, Tan Juan Chin and Fatimah Latif and SM Goh doing?? Did they know? How about my grassroots leaders? Did they not realize it would cause much disruption? Did anyone bother at all??

I suppose if we were to ask my town council, they would say “I’m sorry, we wont do it anymore and so let’s move on, ok”?

I suppose that’s how they would do it since they (PAP) are the ones in control.

When PAP mucks it up, its ok… but when others like the opposition do likewise, it’s a national tragedy!

SM Kembangan

* Submitted by TRE reader.