• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Coronavirus TIMELINE

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the champion of human right? nowhere to be seen
Judging by donation you know who is friend in need I hope china will remember long after the epidemic. Like they say blood is thicker than water Malaysia is the best "Bolehlah Malaysia" then come the neighbors Korea and Japan, Kazakhstan, Russia, EU Iran too help a lot
Malaysia is the largest producer of rubber and from farm all the way to factory and marketing are largely owned by the Chinese . The tradition of helping China when she struck by disaster has a long history in SEA specially in Malaysia

Donations:
1. United States: 0 supplies
2. Russia: 500,000 medical masks
3. United Kingdom: 50,000 pairs of medical gloves, 35,000 sets of medical protective clothing and goggles
4. Malaysia: 10 million pairs of rubber gloves
5. South Korea: 2 million masks, 1 million medical masks, 100,000 pieces of protective clothing and 100,000 pairs of goggles
6. Japan: 9 tons of medical supplies, Japanese folk: 1 million masks
7. Pakistan: 300,000 masks, 800 sets of protective clothing, 6,800 pairs of gloves
8. Belarus: medicines, disinfectants, medical gloves, etc., a total of 20 tons
9. Turkey: 1000 sets of chemical protection suits, 93,500 masks, 1000 sets of disposable protective clothing
10. EU: 12 tons of protective materials
11. Israel: 100,000 masks
12. Iran: 1 million masks
13. Kazakhstan: 13.6 tons of medical supplies
14. Hungary: 20,000 medical masks and 500 medical gloves
Look at the human rights U.S. government?

国际捐赠:
1、美国:0 物资
2、俄罗斯:50万医用口罩
3、英国:5万副医用手套、3.5万套医用防护服及护目镜若干
4、马来西亚:1000万副橡胶手套
5、韩国:200万只口罩、100万只医用口罩、10万件防护服和10万副护目镜
6、日本:9吨医疗物资,日本民间:100万只口罩
7、巴基斯坦:30万口罩,800套防护服、6800副手套
8、白俄罗斯:药品、消毒剂、医用手套等,总计20吨
9、土耳其:1000套防化服,9.35万套口罩,1000套一次性防护服
10、欧盟:12吨防护物资
11、以色列:10万只口罩
12、伊朗:100万只口罩
13、哈萨克斯坦:13.6吨医疗物资
14、匈牙利:2万只医用口罩500医用手套
看看讲人权的美国政府

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something's Not Right Here Folks By Mario Cavolo, an American Italian writer living in China, :

When the United States 2009 H1N1 swine flu emerged, an international emergency, a declared global pandemic, it eventually infected 60 million and initially killed a minimum of 18,449 cases that year. But the final story of the H1N1 global pandemic was far worse than that, with close to 300,000 deaths, according to the final tallies in 2012 reported by the CDC.

During 2009 H1N1 outbreak, I don't recall xenophobic anti-America attacks across the globe, do you? In fact, do you recall it took six months for the U.S. to declare a national emergency? Did any government from the onset in April 2009 through the end in April 2010, including the month of June, when H1N1 was declared an international emergency global pandemic, then send out a notice to its citizens that they should leave the United States? Close their borders to American travelers? Nope, not a peep.

Like I said, something's not right, folks. I am reading hateful vicious attacks on the Chinese Government for their supposed intentional conspiracy to intentionally under report the number of infections, yet that is exactly and always the case with such flu outbreaks no matter what country and the CDC reports illustrate that crystal clear.

The U.S. H1N1 swine flu numbers were vastly underestimated and updated three years later, because that is the nature of such viral outbreaks.

There is never enough man power, there are never enough test kits, there is never enough medicine or medical supplies. China is not trying to hide these hardships, they are well known, they are being reported on the news daily in China. There are always people who die, thousands of them whom we'll never know if they actually died because of a particular virus. Those are the facts, not any problem unique to China's healthcare system or government.

The CDC researchers estimate that the H1N1 2009 pandemic virus caused 201,200 respiratory deaths and another 83,300 deaths from cardiovascular disease associated with H1N1 infections." Total: 284,000 deaths. Shocking, isn't it?

Was there a travel ban for any length of time to and from the United States?

Did China, Germany, Japan or any other country close their border to American travelers?

Today I noticed in the updates that following the United States Department of State policy suggesting U.S. citizens leave China, the United Kingdom embassy just released the same recommendation to subjects of the kingdom.

In 2009, did UK subjects in America get a notice from their kingdom to leave America? No.

Did the world suggest we isolate from America? Close the U.S. borders!? No.

Did Americans get xenophobically attacked and targeted by anti-American sentiments like the Chinese are experiencing now? Um, no.

Fascinating and disturbing to say the least. If you're an expat currently in China, unless you're in Wuhan, fact is that you're most likely safer and more peaceful and more stable by simply staying put than by leaving right now. You couldn't be safer than in this country, where almost everyone is staying home and dutifully isolating themselves with awareness. Not to mention that the Chinese Government's decision to safeguard the society, the families, the people, is coming at a devastating economic cost in the hundreds of billions.

Its not a conspiracy, its just tragedy.

Let's test our ability to reason, to be rational:

If you were in Miami and you heard that there was a virus outbreak that started in Milan, in central Italy, would you cancel your dinner reservation at the Italian restaurant that night in South Beach? No. Would you buy a pizza next week at Joey's Pizzeria in Delray Beach?

If you were in Singapore and you heard there was a virus outbreak in Dallas, Texas in the central United States, would you stop going to your favorite local Texas southern BBQ restaurant with the owner from Houston, in Singapore?

Would you avoid olive-skinned dark-haired Italian-looking people on the street in Chicago? Would you avoid big guys wearing cowboy hats, cuz they're obviously from Texas in Singapore cuz there's a virus in Dallas and they might have just gotten off the plane? There's a strange senseless bullying extremism and activism in today's society and you should do your best to avoid it and not be a part of it. It is fomented by a small group of extremist activists while definitely not supported by your average mainstream person who is simply exhausted by their outrage-inducing antics.

Its impossible not to marvel at China's broad and aggressive domestic response directed by the provincial level governments to restrict movement, restrict transportation, restrict business for a period of time combined with the voluntary dutiful cooperation of its 1.4 billion citizens who are in the majority quietly staying at home these weeks to let the virus pass; this model response is already being hailed by the international community as a remarkable unprecedented response setting a new standard in understanding what is possible for future outbreaks in whatever country they may occur. Is it inconvenient and costly. You bet.
Like I said, something's not right with the way humanity is responding to what's happening here. I haven't put my finger on it because well, its certainly complex and the world is upside down in many other ways that I also can't for the life of me understand or explain without ending up writing a very thick book.

But I do know this: It needs to stop. This vicious, political, xenophobic racist attacks and smearing of all things China needs to stop. Its really not helping anyone in the political corridors of Washington nor is it doing anything to help the man on the street who is just concerned with taking care of his family.

My family is originally from the Basilicata region of Italy, the little hillside Italian towns of Potenza and also, Grottola, which is just outside of Matera. They left their home country and moved to America where I was born, in Yonkers, New York. America became their home and it was my home until I left, too. Now over two decades ago, I left the United States, the country I was born in, the country that has plenty to admire and plenty to improve. But I left and I came to China and now China is my home.

I am a mature adult like many with the powers of observation. I can easily see that whether we are talking about China or the United States or any other country, their societies and their governments have good points and bad points.

The xenophobia needs to stop now. Whether in a couple of weeks or months later, this nasty flu type Corona virus will begin declining and the joy of Spring will arrive. Between now and then if you don't have anything good, anything supportive to say about China or Chinese people, how about you just keep your mouth shut.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the champion of human right? nowhere to be seen
Judging by donation you know who is friend in need I hope china will remember long after the epidemic. Like they say blood is thicker than water Malaysia is the best "Bolehlah Malaysia" then come the neighbors Korea and Japan, Kazakhstan, Russia, EU Iran too help a lot
Malaysia is the largest producer of rubber and from farm all the way to factory and marketing are largely owned by the Chinese . The tradition of helping China when she struck by disaster has a long history in SEA specially in Malaysia

Donations:
1. United States: 0 supplies
2. Russia: 500,000 medical masks
3. United Kingdom: 50,000 pairs of medical gloves, 35,000 sets of medical protective clothing and goggles
4. Malaysia: 10 million pairs of rubber gloves
5. South Korea: 2 million masks, 1 million medical masks, 100,000 pieces of protective clothing and 100,000 pairs of goggles
6. Japan: 9 tons of medical supplies, Japanese folk: 1 million masks
7. Pakistan: 300,000 masks, 800 sets of protective clothing, 6,800 pairs of gloves
8. Belarus: medicines, disinfectants, medical gloves, etc., a total of 20 tons
9. Turkey: 1000 sets of chemical protection suits, 93,500 masks, 1000 sets of disposable protective clothing
10. EU: 12 tons of protective materials
11. Israel: 100,000 masks
12. Iran: 1 million masks
13. Kazakhstan: 13.6 tons of medical supplies
14. Hungary: 20,000 medical masks and 500 medical gloves
Look at the human rights U.S. government?

国际捐赠:
1、美国:0 物资
2、俄罗斯:50万医用口罩
3、英国:5万副医用手套、3.5万套医用防护服及护目镜若干
4、马来西亚:1000万副橡胶手套
5、韩国:200万只口罩、100万只医用口罩、10万件防护服和10万副护目镜
6、日本:9吨医疗物资,日本民间:100万只口罩
7、巴基斯坦:30万口罩,800套防护服、6800副手套
8、白俄罗斯:药品、消毒剂、医用手套等,总计20吨
9、土耳其:1000套防化服,9.35万套口罩,1000套一次性防护服
10、欧盟:12吨防护物资
11、以色列:10万只口罩
12、伊朗:100万只口罩
13、哈萨克斯坦:13.6吨医疗物资
14、匈牙利:2万只医用口罩500医用手套
看看讲人权的美国政府
Wat talking u?

The United States Announces Assistance to the Novel Coronavirus | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in China
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Office of the Spokesperson

Washington, D.C.

February 7, 2020

STATEMENT BY SECRETARY MICHAEL R. POMPEO

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus. This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.

This assistance only adds to what the United States has done to strengthen health security programs around the world. For the last twenty years, the United States through USAID has invested over one billion dollars to strengthen the capacity of more than 25 countries to prevent, detect, and respond to existing and emerging infectious disease threats. Since 2015, under our commitment to the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), this support has helped improve surveillance and laboratory systems, risk communication, outbreak response, and address the rising threat of anti-microbial resistance.

The United States is and will remain the world’s most generous donor. We encourage the rest of the world to match our commitment. Working together, we can have a profound impact to contain this growing threat.

By U.S. Mission China | 8 February, 2020 | Topics: News | Tags: 2019-nCoV, 2020

Suggested for You
Great Seal of the United States

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bay Area nonprofit donating masks to China amid coronavirus outbreak
https://abc7news.com/5912088/
One Bay Area nonprofit is stepping up to donate a stockpile of 1.8 million procedure masks sitting in MedShare's San Leandro warehouse.

After fires and volcanic eruptions around the world, MedShare had them ready to donate to the next big disaster, and they say that disaster is coronavirus. They are also ready to ship 200,000 plastic isolation gowns.

"We originally had a flight out of Oakland but it got rerouted out of Chicago," Eric Talbert, MedShare's Western Regional Director said. "Thanks to folks at the UPS Foundation, they have a direct flight from Chicago into Shanghai. Once they're on the ground in Shanghai we have three distribution partners who will get them into the hands of people who need them. "

Coronavirus aid from U.S. groups arrives in China | ShareAmerica
https://share.america.gov/coronavirus-aid-from-u-s-groups-arrives-in-china/
More than 2 million respirator masks, 11,000 protective suits and 280,000 pairs of nitrile gloves donated by MAP International and MedShare were set to arrive in Shanghai on February 2 with transport from UPS Inc., according to Project Hope, a U.S.-based nonprofit.

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation donating $100 million to coronavirus relief efforts
https://www.wqad.com/article/news/bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation-donating-100-million-to-coronavirus-relief-efforts/526-b2630cbb-8857-4c8c-b4fb-4fb1bdf56411
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation donating $100 million to coronavirus relief efforts

Amid bitter trade war with China, U.S. companies pledge millions of dollars in aid
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/amid-bitter-trade-war-china-u-s-companies-pledge-millions-n1131821
Despite a bitter and protracted trade war with China, U.S.-based multinational companies are pledging millions of dollars to support relief efforts during the coronavirus epidemic, with donations from surgical masks and gowns to food and research for a vaccine.

Boeing donating 250,000 medical masks to battle coronavirus in China
https://komonews.com/news/local/boeing-donating-250000-medical-masks-to-battle-coronavirus-in-china
The world's largest aerospace company announced a donation Wednesday of 250,000 medical masks to help address supply shortages in China while the country is battling the coronavirus outbreak.

Boeing said its donation of medical-grade respiratory masks will be given to health officials in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, and Zhoushan, Zhejiang Province. Prior to its recent donation Boeing has provided 25,000 medical masks for employees working in the region.

AbbVie to donate $1M of drug China says will combat coronavirus: AbbVie said it will donate more than $1 million worth of its drug, Aluvia, to China to help combat the coronavirus outbreak, Endpoints News reported.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/abbvie-to-donate-1m-of-drug-china-says-will-combat-coronavirus.html
AbbVie said it will donate more than $1 million worth of its drug, Aluvia, to China to help combat the coronavirus outbreak,

We were talking about aid from the US government not private companies or regular people. Pompeo and the US media claimed that US has sent aid to China and it would be up to $100 million. The truth is the $100 million is earmarked for fighting Novel Coronavirus and future assistance to other countries. China hasn't received any government to government aid from the US yet.

Discussion is about the US government not private companies or non-profit or private citizens. The US government hasn't given any aid to China at that time. Other countries have already sent aid to China a couple weeks ago. To give credit where credit is due, Trump and Pompeo have no right to take credits when no US government aid was sent to China at that time.

The US is being brazenly disingenuous with its $100m claim. They keep name dropping China, but are careful to always add that that money is for all countries affected.

What more, that’s likely the entire global budget the White House has allocated, which is why China hasn’t seen a penny of it yet - they are saving that for when their friends and allies need it.

If you jump to the link, this is what the title (large font) and subtitle (small font) said :

US pledges $100 million to help fight coronavirus in China
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced Friday the U.S. would spend up to $100 million to assist China and other countries hit by the coronavirus.

The key words are in the subtitle " $100 million to assist China and other countries ".

For all we know, 99 million of that 100 million went into NED and 5Eyes for their fight.
I not sure if the fight on covid19 or on the streets of Hong Kong to aid the protests and burnings there against measures to combat covid19 in HK.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's a waste of time and money donating masks because they provide no protection from the Wuhan virus.