• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Confidence

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi all, i like to know how confident are you? i know everybody in this forum type confidently. i like to know in the outside world, how confident are you as a person or how do you react?
let's say in the corporate jungle, if your arsehole colleague accuse you of this and that, how do ypu react? if someone accuse you of being a homosexual or even paedophile, do you panic for a while and rebuke back? sometimes, i see people being interviewed on tv, they stuttered for a while.

my question is do you stutter for a moment?:biggrin:

hylambobat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am quite the confident sort bro...especially after a few beers.

hi all, i like to know how confident are you? i know everybody in this forum type confidently. i like to know in the outside world, how confident are you as a person or how do you react?
let's say in the corporate jungle, if your arsehole colleague accuse you of this and that, how do ypu react? if someone accuse you of being a homosexual or even paedophile, do you panic for a while and rebuke back? sometimes, i see people being interviewed on tv, they stuttered for a while.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... let's say in the corporate jungle, if your arsehole colleague accuse you of this and that, how do ypu react? if someone accuse you of being a homosexual or even paedophile, do you panic for a while and rebuke back? ...
in sinkielan, u immediately snap back! ... never gif face! ...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am quite the confident sort bro...especially after a few beers.

there is something i am looking, i see most angmos are very confident prick, they never showed or the least react very well. we sinkies, a bit of this and that, start to stutter, even the ministers. :p

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
People can smell your fear. Always put on a front to avoid becoming a target. :cool:

But in this forum I very chin chai one. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sinkielan, u immediately snap back! ... never gif face! ...

People can smell your fear. Always put on a front to avoid becoming a target. :cool:

But in this forum I very chin chai one. :biggrin:

i was thinking... the way angmos are brought up certainly has something to do with their self- confidence, we asians are really screwed in our bringing up process...

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was thinking... the way angmos are brought up certainly has something to do with their self- confidence, we asians are really screwed in our bringing up process...

that is why not so strong man lao lee is able to rule sgp for 50 years. :biggrin:

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is something i am looking, i see most angmos are very confident prick, they never showed or the least react very well. we sinkies, a bit of this and that, start to stutter, even the ministers. :p

Bro krafty, you mean like this?? :confused: :p :*:

[video=youtube;ka6bxFw4pSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6bxFw4pSY[/video]

Cosmo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps it is your inner fear.

Perhaps it is your inner fear. That is why we think and pause for a while. The angmos are brought up to speak up without fear. The chinese, koreans, an japanese must follow the confucius thinking.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have seen angmo stuttered before.... but less obvious.

Listen at the content of the conversation and fluency of their speaking. Yes, you can smell their awkwardness too :biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Confidence is you do it your way, no question ask and no checking around for opinion.

jw5

Loyal
Just laugh as if you heard the most ridiculous thing all week. Then ask "what do you think". Buys you some time for a comeback.

I beg to differ. He had no intention of going back. That was as good as it got.

The best one would be the horrible laugh and then followed by "If we don't do it this (my) way, we will be finished." :rolleyes:

Delgro

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why not so strong man lao lee is able to rule sgp for 50 years. :biggrin:

He lied. He is probably the best liar like Mao. If you can trick many into believing that you are good, then you have succeeded. The rest can whimper and complain. Mao used the fear factor.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just an example that was many years ago:biggrin:, your GM of a food processing plant ( ang moh country) question direct at you since it is a promotion to plant supervisor, you do know how dirty the man toilet can be, we stand up and pee, sometime you miss the target and splash on the floor instead of the urine bowl.

What do you do to discourage such unhygienic practise, place a sign Please shoot it the proper bowl( most likely will be ignore), use hidden camera ( which is an invasion of privacy), Singapore draconian style start with a fine or all you can do is just keep reminding the males staff of unhygienic practise.

without thinking i answer, is keep reminding them of standard practise, clean up the mess and wash your hand.....:biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ. He had no intention of going back. That was as good as it got.

The best one would be the horrible laugh and then followed by "If we don't do it this (my) way, we will be finished." :rolleyes:

That is for "exceptional" people. We can't all be dictators in our own fiefs. Top dogs and rising stars in the corporate world need to charm and convince their critics. Those quick on their feet would have gave a comeback first and joined in the laughter. Everyone else who wish to have a private army rooting for them would have to make do with the middle ground.

jw5

Loyal
That is for "exceptional" people. We can't all be dictators in our own fiefs. Top dogs and rising stars in the corporate world need to charm and convince their critics. Those quick on their feet would have gave a comeback first and joined in the laughter. Everyone else who wish to have a private army rooting for them would have to make do with the middle ground.

Oh ok I forgot. Next time just remind me immediately that people like him and his family members only come around once in a blue moon. :rolleyes:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's likely the upbringing. Then again I won't want my kids to address me by my first name.