• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Committee of Inquiry: 100 armed police ran away when faced with 25 rioters

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've got no problem with the trapped officers making their way to safety in less than ceremonious ways. What really bothered me was the apparent lack of a plan to deal with the rioters once these officers were safe. That was a dereliction of duty.

the question is why were they hidding and be trapped when the rioters were creating havoc and lives were endangered. shdnt they be out to tame the situation instead of hiding?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
That night if that hero ah neh din open the ambulance door for all the Hometeam officers to

escape,

All those inside will not have a chance to go home

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a sign of disunity within SPF. Decision makers at the top afraid to make decisions for fear of losing iron rice bowls and promotions. This goes down all the way to the foot soldiers in the ambulance. Everyone waiting for everyone to fire the warning shots but don't want to fire themselves. This also just like chow 60%, tulan pappies but don't dare to vote against pappies and let 40% to vote oppos.

In short, selfishness.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
That night if that hero ah neh din open the ambulance door for all the Hometeam officers to

escape,

All those inside will not have a chance to go home

This is how you know all the uniform services in Singapore is just a big wayang. From Army to Police.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is it 'poor judgement' or 'maximum restraint'? I thought pinky and mr ho makan breakfast with all the matas?

Now we know the poodles ratio liao, 100:25 will not take action. 250:25 only then take action.

Chee%20Siok%20Chin%20detained.jpg

160906%20-%20Chee%20Siok%20Chin%20at%20night.jpg

160906%20-%20Chee%20Siok%20Chin%20ringed%20by%20police.jpg

Wah really amazing. Need so many Sgt., Staff Sgt. and Warrant Officer to surround 1 innocent looking girl. Wonder if they think this girl got super powers.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Proves one thing - real thing is so different. All the training and exercises count for nothing. In non-crisis time just to look good and pat each other on the back.

very much the same for SAF. NS is purely an instrument to tame the populace.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
After seeing the video, I know why we screwed by.

1. Rioters in the video given the ANG chia time to form up.

2. The ANG chia let rioters burn the car and bins first then move up.

3. When the mata advance, the rioters retreated like ball less sinkees. When met with FTs, mata do not advance as they are not sure whether the FTs will retreat. If FTs did not retreat, then how ah?

4. The rioters use empty plastic bottles, FTs do not. So not sure will Kenna injured or not. So best way is to use maximum restraint.

Should send them to thailand for attachment la.
I never knew water cannons or tear gas could be so deadly when used. :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;JUuKIOWlR1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUuKIOWlR1A[/video]

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
CoffeeAhSoh,
How to comment? NBG and LYL matter not related at all. If incident took place years ago, NBG would have to decide. He was commander Tanglin previously.

Thank You GD Sir ; i sympathy with DAC LYL , this one hor another

one of those 1 event in 50 years

happenings . No happened before during all the current officers life time .

indeed a veri veri tough call.

Do also Jialat ; Dont Do also Jialat .

whatever Decisions also "Jialat " .

What Do Brothers n Sisters Think ?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a sign of disunity within SPF. Decision makers at the top afraid to make decisions for fear of losing iron rice bowls and promotions. This goes down all the way to the foot soldiers in the ambulance. Everyone waiting for everyone to fire the warning shots but don't want to fire themselves. This also just like chow 60%, tulan pappies but don't dare to vote against pappies and let 40% to vote oppos.

In short, selfishness.

I see it as partly due to the failure of our education system.
The pappy deliberately makes it so tough that most kids have no time to do much else but study and go for tuition -resulting in a docile populace-an outcome that they are looking for.
The top students are not the smartest but those who mug and have the most tuition -becoming the bookish nerdy scholars now occupying top positions everywhere.
When there are new problems , they have NO tutor, books or 10 year series to refer to (as they have done growing up) and will hesitate and procrastinate until things blow up.
My friends used to ask why my kids never have tuition-and my answer is, are they going to have tuition too when they become adults to help them do better?

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall one poodle even held on to his shirt pocket while running away from rioters. Want to make sure his pen doesn't drop out.

Too bad it shows his penis missing.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettling

Kettling (also known as containment or corralling)[1] is a police tactic for controlling large crowds during demonstrations or protests. It involves the formation of large cordons of police officers who then move to contain a crowd within a limited area. Protesters are left only one choice of exit, determined by the police, or are completely prevented from leaving.

The tactic has proved controversial, not least because it has resulted in the detention of ordinary bystanders as well as protestors.[2] In March 2012 kettling was ruled lawful by the European Court of Human Rights following a legal challenge.[3]