• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Commercial REITs vs Singapore Tenants United For Fairness (STUFF)

Empower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore retailers ask landlords for three months of rental rebates as coronavirus impact stings
  • Some 300 businesses have banded together to ask their landlords to halve rents for three months as customers stay away
  • They say they won’t close shops in a strike but have taken note of Hong Kong retailers’ coordinated efforts
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/econ...ers-ask-landlords-three-months-rental-rebates

More than 300 retailers in Singapore have banded together to ask their landlords for a lifeline amid plummeting sales, as the coronavirus outbreak keeps both tourists and local shoppers away from once-bustling malls.

The retailers, acting as an informal grouping called Singapore Tenants United for Fairness, are asking for 50 per cent rebates off three months’ rent and have produced a template that each one can use to write to their landlords. They intend to liaise with local authorities and business associations as a collective.

While the group says they do not intend to close shops in a strike. One retailer, who runs eight stores in the city state, said the business owners had no choice but to come together. “We are learning from what the tenants in Hong Kong did,” said a member of the collective, who runs a 10,000 sq ft store in central Singapore. The premise is simple. Many mall landlords in Singapore are property giants such as real estate investment trusts and they will talk down to individual retailers. Only by banding together do all small and medium size retailers have a chance at getting some sort of a fair deal,” he told This Week in Asia.

Major landlords, including SGX-listed property giant CapitaLand, have said they would release one month’s worth of security deposits to offset rental payments for the month of March. “But that is using my own money to help me,” said Kurt Wee, president of the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (ASME).

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
They got ask the landlords if they wanted to increase rent when times were very good?

dickheadchang

Alfrescian
Loyal
BCFC9921-10E0-48F4-BB04-0D9D39F600F0.jpeg

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They got ask the landlords if they wanted to increase rent when times were very good?
But they are paying the high rental, no?
Since landlords has swallowed so high rental so i dont see a lost from landlords

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Valium @sweetiepie. @Bad New Brown xia suay nameless coward criminal liar bully filthy dog snake son of dirty smelly filthy public toilet whores dare not take up my virginity test challenge open ccb mouth to insult me slut whore mistress.

Subservient Cantonese dogs @Valium @sweetiepie dare not 撒野in other people’s proper threads but come to my threads to 撒野. Dare not reply my insults to you in other people’s proper threads but open your evil filthy Cantonese snake mouth big big in my threads and all those filthy slut whore mistress threads. Pui your filthy Cantonese dog whore mother wife daughters phua cb!

@Bad New Brown xia suay filthy Malaysian Indian dog son of whore telling lies to smear me and my mother old hen non stop. He is proud to “of course I only support my own people kt Latha”. Pui your filthy Indian slut whore mother wife daughters phua cb!