• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Comfort cab fare increase - a decision made only using spreadsheet knn!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took a cab to a client's today. That's when I noticed the weird amounts on the fare meter. Apparently the meter increases by 22cents every 400m now (from 20cents for 380m).

I asked the driver how do passengers pay if the amount ends with 2,4,6 or 8 cents -- since the 1 cent coin has already been phrased out by our Central Bank. He said he has no choice but to round down since Comfort Delgro warned all drivers not to over charge passengers.

It is also not practical for passengers to pay the exact fare by NETS or credit card since an additional fee will be charged.

Now I wonder

- Why did the geniuses at Comfort delgro introduce 2 cents to the fare increment when it is almost impossible to pay that amount?
- Why didn't they just decrease the distance travelled / 20 cents instead?

It is obvious those idiots at Comfort delgro implemented this price increase based on MS spreadsheet modelling. How passengers pay drivers is none of their F business.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boffins living in their own world of abstractions, detached from the practicalities of the real world.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think the taxi operators wont raise the rental fee, but will raise the fuel price for its taxis

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off-topic a lil but here's an example of one such idiot living in his own world of theories and abstractions:

[video=youtube;9Gi7qqvRlY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gi7qqvRlY0[/video]

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Professionalism going south:(. There must be a task force doing this project, guess all of them drive cars :biggrin:

- Why did the geniuses at Comfort delgro introduce 2 cents to the fare increment when it is almost impossible to pay that amount?
- Why didn't they just decrease the distance travelled / 20 cents instead?

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you mean spreadsheet or spreadSHIT?

A679D6F3-F813-49C6-108A-7E261B83C700.jpg
:rolleyes::confused:

20110803091115951.jpg

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cb! today biz is slow, i just came back from driving after driving for 12 hours, hardly like this...:(

a passenger told me he refer the way comfort increase the fare similar to doing of a communist country.:mad:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
STupid taxi company want to increase fare just reduce the distance from 380m to 360m still remain 20cent.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
STupid taxi company want to increase fare just reduce the distance from 380m to 360m still remain 20cent.

It is natural that people gets unhappy when they have to pay more, but the one that smack one in the face, is the 15 1/2 hrs surcharges, they might as well make it 24 hours, 365 days!!. Like whoever scribbled that protest at Bishan MRT Stn Taxi stand..."we are donkeys"?

That is what the party in power had been treating us, like DOKEYS!!:mad: