• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COE Car Prices Skyrocket -- 8 Dec 10 Wed

M

Mdm Tang

COE car prices skyrocket

By Ewen Boey – December 8th, 2010

High demand for vehicles before the COE quota cut in February 2011 causes

prices to skyrocket (AFP)

COE premiums have skyrocketed in the latest round of bidding, with a

staggering jump of S$14,612 for cars over 1,600cc.

This brings the total premium for that category to S$62, 502.

Prices for the Open Category was up S$15,010 to S$64,900.

For smaller cars 1,600cc and below, the price rose S$8,604 to S$47,604.

These latest prices are the highest since 2000.

Goods vehicles and buses saw COE premiums increase S$799 to S$32,001, while motorcycle premiums rose S$200 to S$1,701.

The surge in COE prices may be attributed to the current high demand for vehicles before the upcoming COE quota cut, which will commence from February 2011.

Business Times - 08 Dec 2010

Scramble for COEs likely in today's bidding exercise

Premiums expected to shoot up even further

By SAMUEL EE

(SINGAPORE) Distributors are expected to 'scramble' for COEs in today's bidding exercise - the second last one for the year - as some rush to secure certificates of entitlement before what they believe will be a further reduction in the quota.

'I don't think it will be a frenzy but there should be a scramble from now on because there are only three more tenders left before the new COE quota comes into effect,' said the managing director of a small mass-market dealership. 'If you don't go in now, it will get worse later.'

The announcement of the next COE quota - from February to July 2011 - is due next month and most car dealers are expecting it to shrink further because of the low number of deregistrations.

Deregistration numbers for Category A (below 1,600cc) and Cat B (above 1,600cc) cars have been on the general downtrend since March this year, after COE premiums began rising sharply.

The amount of new COEs released is determined largely by the number of vehicles deregistered in the preceding six-month period. With deregistrations sliding, there is pessimism over the size of the upcoming quota starting in February 2011.

'Looking at the numbers, I believe the whole of 2011 will get an allocation of no more than 25,000 passenger car COEs, which means a total of about 28,000 to 30,000 new car registrations next year (because of the spillover from this year's COE quota),' said the managing director.

The new car market in 2010 is already headed for a massive contraction, with total registrations of only slightly more than 41,000 passenger cars, or down almost 40 per cent from the 68,862 units in 2009.

As for today's COE premiums for Cat A, B and E (the open category), just about everyone is prepared for a spike. The jump during the last round three weeks ago to 10-year highs had left both customers and dealers 'shell-shocked', said the sales manager of a Japanese dealership. Cat A shot $4,999 to $39,000, while Cat B climbed $2,389 to $47,890 and Cat E rose $3,889 to $49,890.

'I hope premiums won't go up but it looks they all will because it is also the year-end and companies are closing their accounts,' said a sales manager, referring to how some firms try to use up their budgets before the start of a new financial year.

Then there are the 'healthy orders coming in because of the good bonuses'.

The sales manager added: 'And since it is a three-week interval between tenders, this means more orders than usual have been collected.'

The boss of one of the biggest dealerships in town expects Cat A and B premiums to rise by another $1,500 to $2,500 today.

'I hope it won't be another big jump of $5,000. That will kill the market,' he said.

Yet, a COE scenario that is composed of a small quota and high premiums may not lead to a shake-up of the car industry, according to the dealership boss.

'I am not sure it will happen,' he said. 'I thought some of the smaller brands would disappear but they are still around this year. And even more amazing is that there are new makes like the Holden HSV entering the market.'

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

M

Mdm Tang

PRICES of Certificates of Entitlement (COE) have ended at an even higher level than what was seen at the previous tender where premiums shot up to a 10-year-high.

Ahead of a possible quota cut in February 2011, which has been a factor in driving up COE prices, premiums for the popular '1,600cc and below' category have breached the $40,000 mark.

COE prices for cars up to 1,600cc are now $47,604, up 22.1 per cent from $39,000.

The COE premium for cars above 1,600cc climbed 30.5 per cent from November's high of $47,890 to end at $62,502.

The price for the open category COE, which can be used for any vehicle type but which is mainly used for cars, was 30.1 per cent higher - at $64,900 from $49,890.

The COE price for commercial vehicles ended at $32,001, up $799 or 2.5 per cent. The premiums for motorcycles also went up. It closed at $1,701, up from $1,502.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
this znghu always have means & ways to force people to pay & pay

1. wanna own a car, be prepared to pay sky rocketed COE
  2. take public transport, be prepared to be overcharged for the fare
  3. wanna ride bicycle, be prepared to get fined for cycling on pedestrian paths and/or carriage roads

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
this znghu always have means & ways to force people to pay & pay

1. wanna own a car, be prepared to pay sky rocketed COE

that's actually not true. you'll be surprised at how many cars you can find on sgcarmart for under $5000. old lah, but still can drive.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without COE, drive simi lanjiao:confused:

Even sell the car to you at one dollar but if you cannot afford COE also no use.:o

that's actually not true. you'll be surprised at how many cars you can find on sgcarmart for under $5000. old lah, but still can drive.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
IS350RetailSub.jpg

CoffeeMa.jpg
The new Lexus IS350 Limited is now at a Lexus dealer near you, just $101,900*. Stimulate yourself with 233kw of breathtaking power and handling designed to make your heart beat faster. And, if you purchase a Lexus IS350 Limited before 31st December 2010, you can make the senses quicken with a free luxury Rocket espresso machine worth $3,375 along with a year’s fix of Caffe L’affare coffee.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Model_prices.jpeg

<table class="ms-table-cols-4"> <thead></thead> <tbody> <tr> <th class="ms-table-col-1" style="font-weight: bold;"> Model </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center; font-weight: bold;"> RRP*
(Starting from) </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $106,900.00 </td> </tr> <tr class="ms-colored"> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $122,900.00 </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $142,900.00 </td> </tr> <tr class="ms-colored"> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 350 Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $142,900.00 </td> </tr> <tr class=""> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 500 Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $176,900.00 </td> </tr> <tr class="ms-colored"> <th class="ms-table-col-1"> New E 63 AMG Saloon </th> <td class="ms-table-col-2" style="text-align: center;"> $248,900.00 </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

* Recommended Retail Price including GST, excluding on-road costs.

Echo_O

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need to add COE + Insurance + road tax and god know what tax to those prices to get the car "on the road"

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I did not recall wrongly, a female Miniister-without-Portfolio said the increase in COE price is not due to the projected (back then) cut in quantity of COE.

Either this minister do not understand supply-and-demand or trying to smoke the lesser morts AGAIN. Either way, SCARY to have such ppl controlling peasants' lives.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I did not recall wrongly, a female Miniister-without-Portfolio said the increase in COE price is not due to the projected (back then) cut in quantity of COE.

Either this minister do not understand supply-and-demand or trying to smoke the lesser morts AGAIN. Either way, SCARY to have such ppl controlling peasants' lives.
Most of the current PAP ministers are TKSS,talking cock.

That one was Minister Lim Hwee Wah,TKSS

Today,I saw another by so called PAP strategist BG Yeo,TKSS,this self confessed beri faithful catholic is really a great cock talker!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes , you may get a cherry qq opc for that amount but you may not be able to drive it out of the used car showroom.
you may also pay 5000 for a coe car that expires in 6mths time

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all these ft coming here to compete for coe the local are being squeeze out. Many have to give up their car for those ft. How ironic....

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
41/2 years ago i bought my brand new
Nissan Sunny 1.6 for $47,000,
inclusive of COE at $11,000,
today i can only buy a piece of paper!!

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
41/2 years ago i bought my brand new
Nissan Sunny 1.6 for $47,000,
inclusive of COE at $11,000,
today i can only buy a piece of paper!!

Ah u r lucky! Got it @ a low! Got mine in 05 where Coe was 18k n in 4 yrs time, I will have to walk;(