• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

clement chiang loses appeal, must pay up now

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A company belonging to a self-styled expert on option trading lost an appeal yesterday against claims awarded by the Small Claims Tribunal to 48 people amounting to $176,583.

They had filed the claims after The Straits Times reported that Freely Pte Ltd's founder, Mr Clemen Chiang (picture), allegedly obtained his doctorate in option trading from an unaccredited university.

The 48 people claimed they would not have attended Mr Chiang's three-day course on option trading or bought a $960 computer program if he was not the holder of a PhD from an accredited university.

In yesterday's appeal in the High Court, Freely alleged that the company was not given a fair hearing by the Tribunal hearing in March.

The Tribunal is part of the Subordinate Courts and a Referee - who can be a Magistrate, a District Judge or a Senior Officer - can hear claims involving the sale of goods or services not exceeding $10,000.

"The Referee appeared to have made up his mind even before the hearing was concluded, as his immediate oral decision, which he read from a prepared text, took about two hours to be read out, with translation into Mandarin," said Freely's lawyer, Senior Counsel Giam Chin Toon.

But Justice Woo Bih Li, who heard yesterday's appeal, countered that it was common for judges to write their judgments and make the necessary changes, even as the hearing is ongoing.

After a day's hearing, the High Court judge dismissed Freely's appeal without citing his grounds of decision. The Tribunal has more than 400 claims against Freely still to be heard.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There would have been many hundreds who took his bogus courses. The rest should now follow the 48 and initiate proceedings to recover their monies.
This charlatan needs to be made bankrupt. He needs to be made an example of.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he is shaking leg somewhere at Sentosa Cove ...

ClemenChiang1.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this case drag so long ah...................years liao leh..................

i remember his ads in the papers..................wear the China suit..................smiling.......................

right away, can tell he's a con man....................

(o)(o)

Alfrescian
Loyal
this case drag so long ah...................years liao leh..................

i remember his ads in the papers..................wear the China suit..................smiling.......................

right away, can tell he's a con man....................

Like this one?
dr-clemen.JPG

Last edited:

alyl21

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that people can start buying books to read up on options reading. Books by Wiley Publisher have strong content. Do not pay high fees for personal courses. PM me if you need good titles to start with.

As for credentials of Trainers, it really counts for nothing. If you really like titles, make sure its a professional one. Such as the CTA for Technical Analysis and CFA for Investment Analysis.

Cheers,

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that people can start buying books to read up on options reading. Books by Wiley Publisher have strong content. Do not pay high fees for personal courses. PM me if you need good titles to start with.

As for credentials of Trainers, it really counts for nothing. If you really like titles, make sure its a professional one. Such as the CTA for Technical Analysis and CFA for Investment Analysis.

Cheers,
Don't waste time on options if you are not rich and have loads of time to learn. Retail option trades will be eaten up by large trading comm and spread. So even if you got the direction or option strategy right, you are killed by middlemen or time. Lose lose situation.

If you have a trade idea or stocks in mind, just go for the stocks.