• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Clear Sign of Bad Lion City Economy CNY No $ No Lion Dance

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Increase or decrease, I don't think LNY lion dance activities have much bearing on the economy. It most likely reflects on the number of troupes still around. As I sense it, from childhood to now, it's on a declining trend, but there're still enough around for quite a good bang.

botakboon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was replying to the TS's question "Where are the CNY Lion Dances?"

No idea whether lion dances have increased, reduced or no change. I can't be everywhere all the time. It could very well have reduced.

What I'm saying is that if the purpose is to say that the economy is not as good as claimed (which I happen to agree), please find some concrete evidence and not just one isolated factor based on perception.

Fo all we know, lion dancers could have reduced because they didn't want to chase away the fortune rabbit. :rolleyes:

I see.

You are looking for technical evidence?

Something that we all know and felt is not good enough for you?

:rolleyes:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lion dance. no dragon dance. like this, this year of the rabbit will be a year of demons eating rabbits...so please be careful....the monster Nian will be around...no lions to eat them, no dragons to devour them...and no crackers to chase them away..

so the nasty monstrous NIAN will be with all of us...so pls be very careful.....

Ah Nian should go to Australia. Those white ghost "subordinates" of his love seeing those rabbits dead.