• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chunky Lobsters!!!!!

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
WfzVIEc.png

Chunky Lobsters dangles an outrageous promise: 90 whole grams of premium marine crustacean flesh (harvested from cold Canadian waters) crammed into a brioche bun happening at an inconceivably affordable price. Yet this was once just a lofty romantic concept placed on the back burner for years, until founders Leonard and Chris resurrected it through a flurry of deals with seafood suppliers plus an initial outlay on a tiny shop space in Oxley Tower. From the look of things their F&B wager is paying off, given a sibling brand Chunky Crabs has also since opened for business in China Square as part of ongoing expansion efforts.

It was love at first sight during an incidental stroll past its outlet at The Cathay: diners seen blissfully feasting on rolls bursting at the seams with succulent lobster meat. A cursory glance at the digital menu display made our jaws drop: only $16 for one of those??? Now we were definitely sold, in addition to feeling hot and bothered on account of upsized expectations. Green light to lunch at Chunky Lobsters, yahoo.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2018/10/chunky-lobsters.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The less publicity they have, their chances of survival in business for as long as, say a decade, if they just let the food do the talking to attract loyal customers. Now, the LANDLORDS are watching like "vultures" circling above. Soon the "chunky" people will feel the CHUNKY RENTAL HIKE & quickly enough, go out of business.

CHUNKY birdbrain..

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have an Asian tastebud. Too angmoh for me. Maybe if it has curry, rendang, spicy flavours, I will try.

$16 each ...is cheaper than eating chilli crab.

On my last visit to Canada a few months ago, lobster was selling at $9 per lb at supermarket. So their price is reasonable.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The less publicity they have, their chances of survival in business for as long as, say a decade, if they just let the food do the talking to attract loyal customers. Now, the LANDLORDS are watching like "vultures" circling above. Soon the "chunky" people will feel the CHUNKY RENTAL HIKE & quickly enough, go out of business.

CHUNKY birdbrain..
guess its fingers crossed for them now :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lobster in a bun? It taste better with rice. Nasi minyak. Or just plain rice prefferably basmati rice.