• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christopher Balding Threw m&d On Lee Hsien Loong Face on Defamation Case

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

Just In,
Christopher Balding threw m&d on Lee Hsien Loong face

I admire Roy Ngerng. I admire Roy Ngerng not for what he said, though I generally agree with what he said. I admire Roy Ngerng because he spoke out willing to accept the risks of speaking the truth. Much of the time when I write about Singapore, I feel like a fraud because I am not generally in harms way when writing about the enormous financial discrepancies. Roy Ngerng who faces much greater risk than I do has accepted that risk and calling.

I do not believe it is my place to advise Singaporeans who to vote for or what specific policies you should implement. However, I strongly believe you should demand transparency, openness, and accountability from any government of your choosing. I strongly believe you have the right to criticize your government or any other government without fear of retribution. I strongly believe Singapore and Asia need more men and women like Roy Ngerng who are willing to accept the risks of speaking truth regardless of consequence.

http://www.baldingsworld.com/2014/06/03/between-apathy-and-risk/

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See that? People and even Ang moh, and even Gods, respect people with balls...

Those ball-less, selfish coward sinkie shit , pls go to hell and be burnt.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See that? People and performed moh, and even Gods, respect people with balls...

U keep talking about balls.what Balls do u have?what acts of heroism have u performed today?how many FTS did u slap?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I admire Roy Ngerng. I admire Roy Ngerng not for what he said, though I generally agree with what he said. I admire Roy Ngerng because he spoke out willing to accept the risks of speaking the truth. Much of the time when I write about Singapore, I feel like a fraud because I am not generally in harms way when writing about the enormous financial discrepancies. Roy Ngerng who faces much greater risk than I do has accepted that risk and calling.

Though I generally do not read comments on my work, I happened to browse through the comments section at TRemeritus.com a few months back and a reader asked me to write about specific issue that has haunted me ever since. To paraphrase with my interpretation, what will rouse Singaporeans from their apathy in determining their course as free men and women with God given rights?

The English philosopher John Stuart Mill stated that “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” People make calculations on the risks of speaking out and too often decide to remain silent, allowing bad men to compass their ends. This attitude of cynicism and self interest permeates views about those who accept risks. One Chinese youth was quoted as saying people don’t do things for ideals. The world is a sad and lonely place when people do not hold ideals and the people that do are considered lunatics.

I do not believe it is my place to advise Singaporeans who to vote for or what specific policies you should implement. However, I strongly believe you should demand transparency, openness, and accountability from any government of your choosing. I strongly believe you have the right to criticize your government or any other government without fear of retribution. I strongly believe Singapore and Asia need more men and women like Roy Ngerng who are willing to accept the risks of speaking truth regardless of consequence.

Too often we think of doing the right thing as earning reward and benefits when frequently the reality is the complete opposite. Doing right may earn scorn, derision, and retribution. During my five years in Asia, I have met many wonderful people and found them insightful and thoughtful. I have however found too many people unwilling to stand up for what they believe is right. Consumers and citizens are more informed now than ever before and instead leadership creates fear and infantilizes them insisting “you wouldn’t understand.”

Roy Ngerng has met his fundraising objective of paying for the fine, but go further by attending the Return our CPF meeting at Hong Lim park on June 7th. Maybe I will come as just an innocent bystander to observe the proceedings. There is nothing about CPF, Temasek, GIC, or Singaporean finances that I can say that will make people stand up and make their voice heard. The bigger question is whether the good men and women of Singapore will stand by and do nothing.

Brief Specific Points on the CPF (as I have already written much on the topic):

1. There is no interest rate guarantee. As I have long noted, there is no guarantee because you cannot guarantee yourself. The government guarantees CPF funds and Singaporean tax payers are the funders of the government. The Singaporean tax payer is “guaranteeing” itself. This is the equivalent of buying life insurance from yourself and promising to put the payment in a separate account so that based upon your expected death, there will be the same amount for your children. If there are ever problems with CPF and Singapore government finances, guess who will be footing the bill for this guarantee? Singapore taxpayers will be paying for their own guarantee. If something goes wrong and you have to bail yourself out, that is not a guarantee.

2. If the government via any means is legally mandating citizens provide it revenue: that is a tax. The CPF is a significant form of wealth taxation on Singaporeans. In the MOF response, they state that they keep all funds above the “guaranteed” rate meaning they are imposing an implicit form of taxation. A government simply cannot pass a law requiring citizens that confiscates money and not call it a tax.

3. Please raise your hand if you would rather have the guaranteed CPF rate of 2.5% (a total weighted 3.67% based upon all CPF funds) or the unguaranteed GIC rate of return of 6.5% in USD terms? What about the 16% of Temasek primarily holding historical Singaporean state owned firms? Anyone? Anyone?

4. As I have noted before, as a matter of prudence, I support raising the guaranteed requirement. However, to achieve those ends it would be better to let Singaporeans share the benefits of the GIC and Temasek through any number of various proposals, rather than make it that much harder to meet the minimum standard. Temasek is comprised primarily of historically state owned firms and GIC, by the governments own admission, is comprised of public investment capital. The people of Singapore should share this bounty rather than being forced into indenbtured servitude.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very strange isnt it?
PAP foreign talent policy but PAP dare not to accept Foreign Talent that criticizing PAP such as Prof Balding

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

The following is a quote from Thucydides:

The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.

It's no wonder that the 60% Sinkies have never been really happy because they lack balls.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This fucking Ang Moh should mind his own business and not interfere with the internal issues of Singapore.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This fucking Ang Moh should mind his own business and not interfere with the internal issues of Singapore.

Leong sam gege

there are foreigners who are forced to contribute CPF and hence you cannot say that CPF is internal issues wor

CPF is non-partisan issue wor

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You ranting and raving again!

Quickly stick your head below liquid line of steel bucket used by 50 bangla families to shit to pee to throw used tampons into
Cool your fucking head and next time remember to take your meds

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this ang mo is like the rambo 3
the afghan says it is not his war to fight
but later the russian helicopter bom bom and bomb
and he was there
and finally he said
NOW ITS MY WAR

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sick in the mind foreign trash go mind your own business and shut up.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

got shadow boh? he got ball come to singapore and spite on pinkie's face.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While this ang moh from Peking University has spoken his 2 cents worth, none of our learned friends from the so called world class/1st class Universities in Singapore have spoke up (bar one, the NMP who said it has a "David versus Goliath ring to it" ).

Can Universities be world class when the Professors do not speak up on the social issues in the society within which they live.?

Can you just watch an accident happen in front of you and do not lift a hand to help -and than go home and write an academic paper on it?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

let's keep a wider circle... let's add the annoying pinoys cheena bangalas indian malaysia specifically tonychat