• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chow Yun Fat's Humility, Frugality & Generosity Put FAP Traitors to Utter Shame!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Chow Yun Fat will donate $1 billion fortune to charity after death[/h]<!--smart_paging_autop_filter-->
subtitle_bg_line.gif

subtitle_arrow.gif

<!--smart_paging_autop_filter-->
share_word.gif

check-small.png

check-big.png

check-big.png

check-big.png

[h=2]20140202_chowyunfat.jpg[/h]
20140202_chowyunfat.jpg

Lollipop
Sunday, Feb 02, 2014

Already a role model for his frugal lifestyle, Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) is planning to take one more step towards perfection by declaring that he will donate his $1 billion HKD (S$164 million) fortune to charity after his death.
Despite being an international film star, Chow Yun Fat still sees himself as an average man. Humble and gracious, he has long since won the battle against materialistic temptations and finds joy in a simple existence.
While many of his colleagues choose to spend their paychecks on cars and name-brand outfits, Chow Yun Fat is happy to hop onto a crowded bus with the public while dressed in clothes purchased years ago.

Surprisingly, the superstar is rarely recognized. "Ninety percent of the people on the subway would be staring down at their phones. Who would even notice me? It's like stepping into an abandoned land!"

Like many from his generation, Chow Yun Fat finds no benefit from having a smart phone and remains loyal to his standard model, reports a Jayne Stars article.

However, he is probably quite skilled with taking cellphone photos as those who do recognize him often ask for a snapshot as keepsake. Even if he is trying to catch a taxi or doing grocery shopping at a public market, Chow Yun Fat would always smile and pose with his fans.

His kindness and respect for others ironically made it difficult for him to ask for help. While he spoke about the advantages of not owning a car, Fat Gor also revealed another major reason that encouraged him to use public transportation.

"If I hire a driver, I would feel bad because he would have to wait for me all day long. I would be anxious because I know that someone is waiting for me. It would be very frustrating!"

Instead, he finds freedom in being responsible for his own needs and raves about the ability to sight-see and people-watch as he strolls the local streets.

Successful financially, Chow Yun Fat is grateful to his mother for teaching him early on to save ten percent from every paycheck and calls thriftiness a virtue.

Childless and approaching old age, he plans to donate everything to charity when his time comes as a way to give thanks to society.

"I feel that the money does not really belong to me. I am just in charge of keeping it temporarily! I will definitely donate it all! I will give it to charities that need it the most."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm sure there are many PAP members who feel exactly the same way. On the other hand, there are also loads of opposition supporters who are far more greedy.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure there are many PAP members who feel exactly the same way. On the other hand, there are also loads of opposition supporters who are far more greedy.

The PAP triumphs everyone in every aspect, especially in greed and stupidity.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope you are intending to leave your fortune too to sammyboy posters here who made this forum what it is today.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pappy dogs should be embarrassed after reading this.

If I happen to see him in mrt, I will ask him can donate $100k to me as a gesture for me being his fans. I will explain to him why I need this $100k - I have worked hard for the money and being robbed by pappies dog. He may consider to help me a bit on this.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whatever failings these people have against them, none will be too obvious as those who benefit through businesses that corrupt other human beings. Whatever the excuses. A fact.

Kharma beckons.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just name me a PAP minister who takes public transport daily.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thank you for politicizing this thread. See what you have done to the discussion about bro Fatt? Why you so like that?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Totally agree. Your exceptional wisdom always befuddles me......always.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

yeah , you sure know the scums felt the same way.
they felt same way when they screwed you ass.
they felt very gratifying , great satisfactory , and experience extreme euphoria.

not surprising that there many are greedy , whether opposition supporters or otherwise.
in fact 98% of the human races on earth is very greedy. only different is the degree of greediness.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just set the PAP on alert for a new citizen! Chow's wife sinkie even easier to get things done! Very soon you will hear news about Chow being offered Singapore Citizenship and he will accept! After he drop dead, the 1 billion will indeed go to charity, the charity for the PAP scums! They will get their hands on the money somehow!

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
unforgettable...:cool:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aPGRWdYD9Dk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just name me a PAP minister who takes public transport daily.
WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
hmm,
1. taking public transport will be an Isolated incident.
2. it happens once in 40 yrs only.
considering I read it in the newspaper that he took the bus only Once.
(based on what I read).
3. they exercise Maximum restraint on taking public transport.
xXx

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
hmm,
1. taking public transport will be an Isolated incident.
2. it happens once in 40 yrs only.
considering I read it in the newspaper that he took the bus only Once.
(based on what I read).
xXx

it will be a photo op and chance to sing a million priases on the goodness of that person