• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese "Sing Song" Contest Sing English Songs...WTF ?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most judges don't understand anything other than Chinese. How are they going to judge the pronunciation ?
They cant! And contestests who are smart can capitalize on that. On 'One Million Stars' a few seasons back, a malaysian contest did a HORRENDOUS rendition of Unchained Melody and received very high scores and praises from all the judges.

I hate it when they sing in englsh, but that's the way to stand out now. That's how that fatty boy got famous.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the titles of these variety shows? Do they mention they're " Chinese" or "English"? If they don't, then singing in Tegalok is fair game too.

Any "Singlish" Variety Shows?

Cheers!

Here in Taiwan there are at least 3 variety shows run like singing competition. The thing I don't understand is why do some contestants choose to sign English songs in a Chinese singing competition ? And why do the organizers allow contestants to sing English songs in the first place ?

I haven't come across any English/American singing competitions where contestants sing Chinese songs. What the fuck is wrong with Chinese these days ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As if i can even tell you desert humping semitic fools apart? :rolleyes:

Iranians, arabs, jews, assyrians.....

You're all arabic speaking rag head muslim terrorists. :oIo:

Arabs hump camels.

Persians hump goats.

Syrians hump mules.

Given a chance, they'd all hump Jews.

Cheers!

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't even fill in simple emigration form to NZ not because it is hard, because you refuse to think and comprehend.

I have not seen the NZ emigration form in my entire life.

And no, I'm no Custodian of Chinese language. There is only ONE reason why I created this thread. Do you really think I wanted to know why Chinese were singing English songs in Chinese variety show ?

You're knowledgeable, but if you could move one level up and master the art of expressing your knowledge without using your ego as the vehicle, many more will appreciate your sharing.

And don't pretend to get agitated by people who, in your own words, "refuse to think and comprehend". The fact is you enjoy the presence of more such people because they provide the platform for you to do what you enjoy most. You simply enjoy it, don't you ? So please, don't pretend.

Last edited: