• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese rickshaw driver with high school quali, became university professor...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
UNCLE DID NOT SAY ENGLISH OR SPANISH AHS THE MOST NUMBER OF USERS. OLS FIND THE POST WHERE YOU ALLEGED UNCLE SAID THAT.

Really? Here's wat u said,

if a language is to be preferred just by virtue of the number of users, then we shld also throw mandarin down the drain and speak only english or spanish. do you sue your brain to think before you make such a ridiculous statement?

You didn't imply that English or Spanish has got most number of users in the above post??

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahah... cap all your words while chicken out of here? u can run but u cant hide from your ignorance and stupidity. tomorrow, the day after. doesn't matter. u are one ignorant man.

haizzzz, clown ah clown

the words are in bold so that you cannot chicken out . dun be so desperate leh. uncle know you tired, defeated and at wits' end. dun have to prove it to uncle. u act blur, i will remind you, you try to shift focus, uncle will bring you back on track.

and hor, you want to nitpick oso nitpick properly la, still want to choose the exact line you dun dare to answer for wat. you should be trying to draw attentino away from there. why you self snook yourself like dat.? now everybody is reminded by this again.

Now tell me where you get your stats tha tthere are more mandarin (and not chinese which would have included dialects) users than english users.

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Here's wat u said,

You didn't imply that English or Spanish has got most number of users in the above post??

of course not, lie dat oso need uncle to teach you. which part of my post implies that English or Spanish has got MOST number of users? :smile:

you tell me which part here?

if a language is to be preferred just by virtue of the number of users, then we shld also throw mandarin down the drain and speak only english or spanish.

you fail comprehension is you fail comprehension hor. neber read properly anyhow tembak, now how to dig yourself out of this hole?

AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO PROVE THAT IT IS THE MANDATE OF THE CHINESE PEOPLE TO USE MANDARIN LEH. WHERE IS THIS MANDATE?

READ THIS IN MANDARIN AND CANTONESE. WHICH ONE RHYMES AND WHICH ONE DOESN'T?

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

AND FINALLY REPEAT AFTER ME AND REMEMBER THESE FACTS:

Mandarin is a 300 year old dialect
Dialects LIKE HOKKIEN, HAKKA AND CANTONESE which sounded LIKE and WERE descended from middle chinese are much older THAN MANDARIN.

In future, CHAR JIG KAR promiseS not to swallow AND promote any pap policy without looking at facts.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
haizzzz, clown ah clown

the words are in bold so that you cannot chicken out . dun be so desperate leh. uncle know you tired, defeated and at wits' end. dun have to prove it to uncle. u act blur, i will remind you, you try to shift focus, uncle will bring you back on track.

and hor, you want to nitpick oso nitpick properly la, still want to choose the exact line you dun dare to answer for wat. you should be trying to draw attentino away from there. why you self snook yourself like dat.? now everybody is reminded by this again.

Now tell me where you get your stats tha tthere are more mandarin (and not chinese which would have included dialects) users than english users.

haha... here goes your smoking dance again.

tell us where u get your stats that english or spanish users have more users than the mandarin users. then i tell u where i get my stats.

Last edited:

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... here goes your smoking dance again.

tell us where u get your stats that english or spanish users have more users than the mandarin users. then i tell u where i get my stats.

hahahaha...this is your point LEH, now you cannot prove that there are more mandarin users in the world than english so we must speak mandarin...too bad lor ....GONG KIA

THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL NOW TELL UNCLE WHATS AND WHERES THE PROOF THAT IT IS THE MANDATE OF THE CHINESE PEOPLE TO USE MANDARIN LEH. WHERE IS THIS MANDATE?

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

Dialects LIKE HOKKIEN, HAKKA AND CANTONESE which sounded LIKE and WERE descended from middle chinese are much older THAN MANDARIN.

In future, CHAR JIG KAR promiseS not to swallow AND promote any pap policy without looking at facts.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
because mandarin is only a 300 year old dialect and lacks a good nexus to ancient chinese tongue and ancient chinese culture. it is a fact. so those who promote mandarin are myopic or acting like ostrichs esp. when they say mandarin is good enuff for them to connect to chinese culture, read ancient poems and will not corrupt ancient texts

Show us the evidence. Where's the distortion between reading classics such as dao de jing in mandarin and reading it in dialect.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/help/top-100-languages-by-population.html

Chinese mandarin has got 885,000,000 users.

Spanish has 332,000,000 users.

English has 322,000,000 users.

good garcon, always obey uncle's instructions , ask you to do this, you guai guai do it

merci et voila. les langues dan le monde....

http://villemin.gerard.free.fr/Langue/LangMond.htm#Approche

Quantité de personnes en millions parlant une langue officielle

Rang Langue Famille "Alphabet" Interne Externe
1 Anglais Indo-européen Latin 400 1 980
2 Chinois
(mandarin) Sino-tibétain Chinois 1 250

need translation, pls use your free online translator...vive la france

Last edited:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
et voici, here is the distortion

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
et voici, here is the distortion

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

Any difference in meaning between reading Chinese classics such as Dao De Jing, or Huan Di Nei Jing in dialect and in Mandarin?

Until now, u cant give me an answer to that question. Which means there's no difference whether to read Chinese classics in dialect or in Mandarin. And Chinese classics such as Dao De Jing, Huang Di Nei Jing were written thousands of years ago. Therefore, Mandarin could connect to Chinese culture thousands of years ago.

You said dialect could connect to Chinese culture 3000 years ago, and Mandarin could only connect to Chinese culture up to 300 years. It had been debunked here in this thread. Your statement is false. Mandarin could in fact connect to Chinese culture thousands of years ago.

I did not support PAP policies blindly. Mandarin as official spoken language is a universal policy in all Chinese communities.
<!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
good garcon, always obey uncle's instructions , ask you to do this, you guai guai do it

merci et voila. les langues dan le monde....

http://villemin.gerard.free.fr/Langue/LangMond.htm#Approche

Quantité de personnes en millions parlant une langue officielle

Rang Langue Famille "Alphabet" Interne Externe
1 Anglais Indo-européen Latin 400 1 980
2 Chinois
(mandarin) Sino-tibétain Chinois 1 250

need translation, pls use your free online translator...vive la france

sorry. its u the one need to translate it. this is not a french forum.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any difference in meaning between reading Chinese classics such as Dao De Jing, or Huan Di Nei Jing in dialect and in Mandarin?

Until now, u cant give me an answer to that question. Which means there's no difference whether to read Chinese classics in dialect or in Mandarin. And Chinese classics such as Dao De Jing, Huang Di Nei Jing were written thousands of years ago. Therefore, Mandarin could connect to Chinese culture thousands of years ago.

You said dialect could connect to Chinese culture 3000 years ago, and Mandarin could only connect to Chinese culture up to 300 years. It had been debunked here in this thread. Your statement is false. Mandarin could in fact connect to Chinese culture thousands of years ago.

I did not support PAP policies blindly. Mandarin as official spoken language is a universal policy in all Chinese communities.
<!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->[/
QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"]:smile:char jig kar ....lose again try to shift focus issit? how many times you want to repeat this garbage.

here is the evidence why mandarin cannot connect ot chinese culture while dialects can. dun act blur act seow again hor

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

In future, CHAR JIG KAR promiseS not to swallow AND promote any pap policy without looking at facts and still have the cheeks to say he does not do so or that mandarin is universal policy in all chinese communities when hong kongers speak cantonese and taiwwanese speak hokkien, shanghaiese speak the wu dialect.

[/SIZE]

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry. its u the one need to translate it. this is not a french forum.

char ji kar, u r really hai gong, uncle give you a chance to dispute this but you gong gong give it away...now you have to stick with uncle's version....total number of english users both internal and external is 2 348 million compared to 1 250 million for mandarin. thank you. pls try to shift focus again with large font characters and dao de jing or hua di nei jing :smile:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

<!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->[/
QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"]:smile:char jig kar ....lose again try to shift focus issit? how many times you want to repeat this garbage.

here is the evidence why mandarin cannot connect ot chinese culture while dialects can. dun act blur act seow again hor

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

In future, CHAR JIG KAR promiseS not to swallow AND promote any pap policy without looking at facts and still have the cheeks to say he does not do so or that mandarin is universal policy in all chinese communities when hong kongers speak cantonese and taiwwanese speak hokkien, shanghaiese speak the wu dialect.

[/size]

Mandarin is a official spoken language in all Chinese communities. In all Chinese communities, Mandarin is a must learn subject. People from different dialect group of Chinese communities, they use Mandarin to talk to one another.

Mandarin has serve the Chinese communities well. So why the constant speaking down on Mandarin language? Serve what purpose?

Suppose some of the dialect words do sound like the old chinese or middle chinese. What does it show us then? That the dialect is a superior chinese spoken language as compare to Mandarin? If u gonna keep on deriding Mandarin like u do in this forum, please show us evidence, that the professionals do think that dialect is better than Mandarin.

Mandarin as official spoken language is a universal policy in the Chinese communities. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, all of the major Chinese communities use Mandarin as official spoken language. What is there to debate about this point?? Are u saying that Mandarin is not official spoken language in those areas?

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
because it is not universally accepted and every chinese community in the world use their own dialects rather than mandarin to speak to each other. let me repeat for you; hong kong use cantonese, taiwan uses hokkien. fact are facts. you cannot deny and try to pass off a mandate when there is none.

mandarin can only be a language of convenience because it is a simplified and bastardised form of chinese.

that is why a poem like this cannot rhyme in mandarin but rhymes perfectly in cantonese:

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
because it is not universally accepted and every chinese community in the world use their own dialects rather than mandarin to speak to each other. let me repeat for you; hong kong use cantonese, taiwan uses hokkien. fact are facts. you cannot deny and try to pass off a mandate when there is none.

mandarin can only be a language of convenience because it is a simplified and bastardised form of chinese.

that is why a poem like this cannot rhyme in mandarin but rhymes perfectly in cantonese:

问君能有几多愁?
恰似一江春水向东流

okay. first of all, china. is mandarin the official spoken language of China?

suppose, the poem do rhyme perfectly in cantonese but not in mandarin. does it make cantonese a better language than mandarin? says who? any expert in chinese language says that? would u mind show it?

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay. first of all, china. is mandarin the official spoken language of China?

suppose, the poem do rhyme perfectly in cantonese but not in mandarin. does it make cantonese a better language than mandarin? says who? any expert in chinese language says that? would u mind show it?

mandarin is the official spken language of china alongside many other minroty languages and dialects. for example Macau and hong kong.

for your shallow intellect, it does not make cantonese a better language but it makes a better language to read poems of the tang era and connect to that era. go and goggle. next time , dun try to debate with others topics that you are not familiar with adn xia suay yourself

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mandarin is the official spken language of china alongside many other minroty languages and dialects. for example Macau and hong kong.

for your shallow intellect, it does not make cantonese a better language but it makes a better language to read poems of the tang era and connect to that era. go and goggle. next time , dun try to debate with others topics that you are not familiar with adn xia suay yourself

no no. don't bring in hong kong, macau and taiwan. lets talk about china first. is mandarin the official spoken language of china?

doesn't matter my level of intellect. doesn't matter cantonese whether is it a better language for reading tang poem. the point is mandarin doesn't deserve to be spoken down by you. unless u could show us the expert, the consensus of the expert, that the cantonese could connect to poems from the tang era, therefore it is a better spoken chinese language than mandarin. else, if u are a chinese, and have some decency, u should stop deriding mandarin.

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
no no. don't bring in hong kong, macau and taiwan. lets talk about china first. is mandarin the official spoken language of china?

doesn't matter my level of intellect. doesn't matter cantonese whether is it a better language for reading tang poem. the point is mandarin doesn't deserve to be spoken down by you. unless u could show us the expert, the consensus of the expert, that the cantonese could connect to poems from the tang era, therefore it is a better language than mandarin. else, if u are a chinese, and have some decency, u should stop deriding mandarin.

hong kong and macau are parts of china. you mean this oso you dunno? do you know that inner mongolia is oso part of china and they speak mongolian there?

the indecent one here is you; you obviously know nuts abt mandarin or cantonese and yet you want to comment and ask for consensus of expert. when it comes to this, it only shows your admission that you know crap and cant even speak the language or its dialects, anyone who speaks the dialect and langauge can tell the poem rhymes better in cantonese because cantonese was closer to the spoken language when the poem was written. mandarin is bastardised form of chinese and it's a fact. you cannot disprove it. so admit it

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hong kong and macau are parts of china. you mean this oso you dunno? do you know that inner mongolia is oso part of china and they speak mongolian there?

the indecent one here is you; you obviously know nuts abt mandarin or cantonese and yet you want to comment and ask for consensus of expert. when it comes to this, it only shows your admission that you know crap and cant even speak the language or its dialects, anyone who speaks the dialect and langauge can tell the poem rhymes better in cantonese because cantonese was closer to the spoken language when the poem was written. mandarin is bastardised form of chinese and it's a fact. you cannot disprove it. so admit it

okay fine. u insist in bringing in hong kong and macua. whatever. u cant deny the fact that mandarin is the official language of china.

show us the experts view on this issue. which is a better chinese spoken language, dialects or mandarin? if u cant, please have some decency: stop deriding mandarin.

Last edited: