• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese groan at high costs

Ripley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asia
Home > Breaking News > Asia > Story
Dec 13, 2009

Chinese groan at high costs

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line --> BEIJING - COMPUTER engineer Jenny Jin and her husband have been hunting for a home for a year, but like many young would-be property owners in China, they have struggled to enter the market due to soaring prices. Now, with a baby due in February, the Shanghai couple - who already spend a fifth of their combined monthly income of 13,000 yuan (S$2,643) on rent - say they can no longer wait, even if prices are higher than ever. 'I dare not spend too much on other things before we finally get a house - it has become the biggest pressure in life,' Mr Jin, 29, told AFP. 'I'm kicking myself for not buying it when I had a better chance.' Property prices in 70 medium-sized and large cities in China rose 5.7 per cent in November from a year earlier, the fastest rate in 16 months and the sixth consecutive monthly on-year increase, the government said last week. The boom has been bolstered by easy bank loans, tax breaks and a lower down payment threshold, introduced by the government in the past year to support the real estate sector, a key driver of China's economic recovery. But concerns are rising that property bubbles are building due to speculative investors, amid rumours that a large portion of the government's $586 billion stimulus package has been channelled into asset markets. Fears that policymakers might withdraw these measures next year to dampen speculation have also triggered a round of what analysts call 'panic buying", further fuelling the price surge and increasing stress for younger Chinese. -- AFP

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
This tells you that flats are not the only concerns of you Singaporeanses.

The Chinas are plagued by this problem too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This tells you that flats are not the only concerns of you Singaporeanses.

The Chinas are plagued by this problem too.

Chinas?...you mean PRC, ROC, HK, Macau & SINgapore?..CHINESE not China's...China is a country, while Chinese are the people..mainland Chinese would be more accurate..:wink:

devilblue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinas?...you mean PRC, ROC, HK, Macau & SINgapore?..CHINESE not China's...China is a country, while Chinese are the people..mainland Chinese would be more accurate..:wink:

Middle Kingdom Property Bubble. Marked my words, this bubble will be deflated beginning H2 of 2010 after the "Successful" launch of the Shanghai Trade Expo....