• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese funeral Kong Guan Band cymbals-man how much salary per funeral huh?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That one variable by chance lah. There must be a basic.
Is it hard or easy to beat the instruments? I guess have to learn the songs by hard, if cockup any how whack sure kenna fucked.
it's $30 - $50 per gig and depends on how many band members turn up.
unless you've got a good ear, any cock-up is barely discernible as the others will drown it out.
regularly turning up practice is key and timing is of paramount importance, and when to "chiang" comes somewhat naturally if you've got a good ear for music beats. not sure of key instrument players of the suona (chinese trumpet) etc are paid as the fella doesn't want to reveal.
as for the 'yeoh-lai, yeoh-ker" chariot younger and fitter members, it's $60 - $80 as it involves strenuous movements but they're very close-knit and you only get called if you're on very good terms with the leader - only got a gig once but good training for the once-in, once-out geyland trysts :whistling:

taksinloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's $30 - $50 per gig and depends on how many band members turn up.
unless you've got a good ear, any cock-up is barely discernible as the others will drown it out.
regularly turning up practice is key and timing is of paramount importance, and when to "chiang" comes somewhat naturally if you've got a good ear for music beats. not sure of key instrument players of the suona (chinese trumpet) etc are paid as the fella doesn't want to reveal.
as for the 'yeoh-lai, yeoh-ker" chariot younger and fitter members, it's $60 - $80 as it involves strenuous movements but they're very close-knit and you only get called if you're on very good terms with the leader - only got a gig once but good training for the once-in, once-out geyland trysts :whistling:

:geek::laugh::poop: Let me share my big Malu story when I was in primary school on stage performing band, and I fucked it up! The whole fucking band already stopped as the song finished already. But I was the only idiot still beating the instrument! Until I realized that I was the only one not stopping! Whole school and guests all laughing and looking at me! CB lah!

Why leh! because that was how I practiced! I repeat the entire song non-stop to practice over & over again. On the fucking ball. So I got used to that, when fucking song finished, I started over again as usual mah. Why the fuck all the rest stopped?? CB... Laughing at me for fuck?:FU::biggrin::roflmao:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:geek::laugh::poop: Let me share my big Malu story when I was in primary school on stage performing band, and I fucked it up! The whole fucking band already stopped as the song finished already. But I was the only idiot still beating the instrument! Until I realized that I was the only one not stopping! Whole school and guests all laughing and looking at me! CB lah!

Why leh! because that was how I practiced! I repeat the entire song non-stop to practice over & over again. On the fucking ball. So I got used to that, when fucking song finished, I started over again as usual mah. Why the fuck all the rest stopped?? CB... Laughing at me for fuck?:FU::biggrin::roflmao:
snafus are part and parcel of growing up ; just get over it - but do think about it onceinawhile (if only to get reality check) and it'll make you stronger :rolleyes:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN when my uncle performed in ndp parades (in the comfort of your sofa) not one not two but 3 parades during sec sch in a mass band formations display with 12 other sec schs the instructor say dont need take care of the music if not you will miss the marching addressing lines so he say just focus to form the pattern and let other sch band play the music KNN then other sch also think the same KNN endup mostly only can hear drum beat KNN KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when my uncle performed in ndp parades (in the comfort of your sofa) not one not two but 3 parades during sec sch in a mass band formations display with 12 other sec schs the instructor say dont need take care of the music if not you will miss the marching addressing lines so he say just focus to form the pattern and let other sch band play the music KNN then other sch also think the same KNN endup mostly only can hear drum beat KNN KNN
KNN elitism already started from sch bands whereby the sap sch band will be placed in middle of stadium and ah seng sch at sides kelefe so you only need 10 or 20 elite trumpet cornets players another 10 to 20 trombone baritone and bass player to get the job done KNN for the loser sch sides only can hear drum beats KNN however this cannot be done at kong guan seelang band as only 1 main player from each instruments KNN once you stop play again no melody liao KNN

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the people at the funeral care very much about the music quality.....

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the people at the funeral care very much about the music quality.....

People with musical senses are sensitive. Even unfamiliar with the particular pieces, you can notice that one player is out of beat or out tuned, either cock up or trying to be funny. Especially loud percussion drums type, if off-beat or poorly synchronized the listeners will bet irritated.