• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese drives merc but steals cockles...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tries to save money on cockles but loses Merc instead. Damned Chinese cause trouble no matter where they are in the world.

h-nzheraldlogo-sans.gif

National Story

RSS Facebook Myspace
<hr class="displayNone"> <!-- First Image Width= 230 --> Mercedes confiscated after cockle haul

1:39PM Wednesday Sep 24, 2008

<!-- Ixt1--> An Auckland couple's $70,000 Mercedes Benz has been forfeited after the wife was caught with more than 14 times the daily limit of cockles.

Miaolan Hu, 30, of One Tree Hill, was convicted in Manukau District Court after earlier pleading guilty to the charge of possessing more than three times the daily limit of cockles.

Hu was stopped by an honorary fishery officer carrying out a routine patrol at Cockle Bay, Howick, in January.

The bags of cockles were found in compartments under the second row of seats of the Mercedes.

They were concealed by small cloth trims that went between the floor and the seat, which had to be unhooked to see them.

The officer counted 1098 cockles in the vehicle.

Allowing for the other gatherers in the vehicle Hu was in possession of 748 cockles, or more than 14 times the daily limit of 50 cockles that a person may possess in the Auckland and Coromandel area.

Hu was also ordered to pay almost $1000 in fines.

Auckland district compliance manager Ian Bright said the fines imposed and the forfeiture of the car were a timely reminder to shell fish gatherers to obey the daily limits.

"The offending was aggravated by the fact that there is a sign at the entrance to Cockle Bay outlining the daily limits and the concealment of the excess fish.

"It is this type of greed that has led to a proposal to close Cockle Bay to shellfish harvesting on a seasonal basis," Mr Bright said.

"The result is also a testament to the hard work and dedication of our honorary fishery officer network who give their time freely to ensure the sustainability of our seafood resource."

- NZPA

Copyright ©2008, APN Holdings NZ Limited

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have told myself to stay away from chinky china. I will speak English to them when they try to ask me and request things from me, usually with ( ulterior) motive.

ZMA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have told myself to stay away from chinky china. I will speak English to them when they try to ask me and request things from me, usually with ( ulterior) motive.

I don't even bother to talk to them. If a mainland chinese talks to me, I just look at him blankly like I don't understand him and continue on my way.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These chinks are sickening, these are the group of ass that i avoided beside sinkies. Both of these groups share similar traits.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Australians(and i am referring to the white immigrants of exiled criminal descent who had totally wiped out the Aborigines off the land) are just trying to show who's boss. WTF do they want to do with the cockles? Save the earth which they had helped to slowly destroy?

Don't try to push the blame on Asian on their preferred delicacy when you had sowed the seeds of destruction.

I bet they wouldn't be so forceful if it was another of the whites who did it.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i avoid chinaman just as i avoid thai girls..

chinaman will try to con u $$ :mad:

thai girl will try to solicite business from u..:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So they broke the law and paid for it. So they took a chance with the hum quota, and their merc forfeiture is an irony. Makes the tabloids news, yes. But my take is that it seems a bit heavy handed to allude this to their nationality's trouble making traits. Or worse, genetic?

blade13xx

These Australians(and i am referring to the white immigrants of exiled criminal descent who had totally wiped out the Aborigines off the land) are just trying to show who's boss. WTF do they want to do with the cockles? Save the earth which they had helped to slowly destroy?

Don't try to push the blame on Asian on their preferred delicacy when you had sowed the seeds of destruction.

I bet they wouldn't be so forceful if it was another of the whites who did it.

Its in New Zealand lah... tell the kiwis they are aussies and u'll probably be bashed up.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its in New Zealand lah... tell the kiwis they are aussies and u'll probably be bashed up.

Watever, kiwis/aussies they are all the same to me.Whites are supposed to signify purity but instead they are more of a taint which literally dies the whole garment.