• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China changed from 15 yrs sentence to Firing Squad for Canadian Drug Criminal with full cargo container of drugs! He must die 1000X in PAP SG53!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://hk.news.yahoo.com/值逾億冰毒案重審-華判加國毒販死刑-225935310.html

值逾億冰毒案重審 華判加國毒販死刑

東方日報 OrientalDaily

4.9k 人追蹤

2019年1月15日 上午6:59

2aa824c94f06c0cc2a22e376e1f11483

查看相片
加拿大男子謝倫伯格被判死刑。(互聯網圖片)
加拿大政府應美國要求扣留華為太子女孟晚舟後,中加兩國關係持續惡化之際,遼寧大連市中級人民法院周一(14日)重審加拿大男子謝倫伯格(Robert Lloyd Schellenberg)走私毒品案,認定他參與有組織的國際販毒活動,夥同他人走私冰毒二百二十二點三五公斤,且是主犯,當庭裁定走私毒品罪名成立,判處其死刑,並沒收其個人全部財產,涉走私毒品市值約一億零三百萬港元。加拿大總理杜魯多回應事件,形容判決是武斷。
法院經審理查明,案發後在逃的凱姆、史蒂芬與周先生等人,實施有組織的國際販毒活動,控制中國境內平安銀行、招商銀行的兩個帳戶,為其毒品犯罪提供資金支持。二○一四年十月中旬,凱姆僱佣翻譯許某為其工作,指使許到大連租賃倉庫、訂購輪胎,接收周、簡祥榮(已被判無期徒刑)從廣東省運往大連的藏有冰毒二十噸塑料顆粒並入庫。
負責訂貨櫃 圖飛曼谷被捕
同年十一月十九日,凱姆指派謝倫伯格到大連與許會合,擬將毒品藏匿在輪胎內膽中走私至澳洲。此後,謝倫伯格要求許帶其購買工具,訂購輪胎和二手貨櫃。期間,他還給麥慶祥(已判處死緩)打電話,要求其幫助另找倉庫存放毒品。十二月一日,謝倫伯格企圖從廣州轉機逃至泰國曼谷時被捕。經鑑定,公安機關查獲的二百二十二包冰毒重二百二十二點三五公斤。
法院認定,被告謝倫伯格參與有組織的國際販毒活動,是主犯,且是犯罪既遂。根據被告犯罪的事實、性質、情節和對社會的嚴重危害程度,依法作出判決,被告有權在接到判決書十日內提出上訴。
被告指陷害 囑家人勿旁聽
審訊於周一早上進行,三十六歲的謝倫伯格身穿灰白色上衣和黑色長褲,且帶手銬出庭,四名加拿大駐華大使館人員到庭旁聽。據法院職員透露,他要求加拿大媒體及其家人不可到庭旁聽。訴訟中,謝倫伯格曾反駁,他在案發期間只是一名遊客,認為自己被罪犯陷害。
杜魯多回應事件,形容判決是武斷,對事件深表關注。加拿大早年已廢除死刑,該國傳媒早前引述卑詩大學全球關係教授拜爾斯稱,擔憂隨着中加關係惡化,謝倫伯格被判死的機會會增加。
一審判囚15年 高院指太輕
大連中院曾於一六年開庭審理該案,至去年十一月宣告一審判決,裁定謝倫伯格走私毒品罪成,被判囚十五年,沒收財產十五萬人民幣(約十七萬七千港元),驅逐出境。惟遼寧省高級法院上月審理後裁定一審判刑太輕,將案件發還重審。
本報綜合報道
3418dcf70d5131bd91c0c02b1070af23

查看相片
杜魯多回應事件,形容判決是武斷。

A review of more than 100 million ice quarantine cases
[Oriental Daily OrientalDaily]
Oriental Daily OrientalDaily
4.9k person tracking
January 15, 2019, 6:59 am
View photos
Canadian man Scherenberg was sentenced to death. (Internet picture)

The Canadian government re-examined the case of Canadian man Robert Lloyd Schellenberg’s smuggling of drugs on Monday (14th) after the US government demanded the detention of Huawei’s children, Meng Xia, and the relationship between China and Canada continued to deteriorate. He participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.35 kilograms of ice poison with others. He was the principal offender. He was convicted of smuggling drugs, sentenced him to death, and confiscated all his personal property. Approximately HK$103 million. Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau responded to the incident and described the verdict as arbitrary.

After hearing the case, the court found that Kem, Stephen and Mr. Zhou, who were at large after the incident, implemented organized international drug trafficking activities and controlled two accounts of Ping An Bank and China Merchants Bank in China to provide financial support for their drug crimes. In mid-October in mid-October, Kaim hired a translator Xu for his work, instructing Xu to rent a warehouse in Dalian, ordering tires, receiving Zhou, Jian Xiangrong (has been sentenced to life imprisonment) and transported from Guangdong Province to Dalian. Ten tons of plastic pellets were incorporated into the library.
Responsible for ordering cabinets

On November 19 of the same year, Kem appointed Schellenberg to Dalian and Xu Hui, intending to hide drugs in the tire liner and smuggle them into Australia. Since then, Schellenberg has asked for his purchase tools to order tires and second-hand containers. During the period, he also called Mai Qingxiang (had been sentenced to death) and asked him to help find another warehouse to store drugs. On December 1, Schellenberg attempted to escape from Guangzhou when he fled to Bangkok, Thailand. After identification, the 222 packets of ice poison seized by the public security organs weighed 2,222.35 kilograms.

The court found that the defendant, Schellenberg, was involved in organized international drug trafficking activities and was the principal offender and the criminal. According to the facts, nature, circumstances and serious harm to the society of the defendant's crime, the judgment is made according to law, and the defendant has the right to appeal within 10 days of receiving the judgment.
The defendant pointed out that the family members should not attend

The trial was conducted on Monday morning. The 36-year-old Schellenberger wore a gray-white shirt and black trousers and took a handcuffs to appear in court. Four Canadian Embassy personnel came to the court to listen. According to court staff, he asked the Canadian media and his family not to attend the court. In the lawsuit, Schellenberger retorted that he was only a tourist during the incident and believed that he was framed by criminals.

Trudeau responded to the incident and described the judgment as arbitrary and expressed deep concern about the incident. Canada has abolished the death penalty in the early years, and the country’s media quoted Bailes, a professor of global relations at the University of British Columbia, saying that with the deterioration of Sino-Canadian relations, Scherrenberg’s chances of being killed will increase.
One trial prisoner for 15 years, the high court refers to too light

The Dalian Intermediate People's Court held a trial in the first six years. It announced the first-instance judgment in November last year and ruled that Schellenberger smuggled drugs. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison and confiscated property of 150,000 yuan (about 177,000). Hong Kong dollar), deportation. However, the High Court of Liaoning Province ruled last month that the trial was too light and the case was reissued.

Newspaper comprehensive report
View photos
Trudeau responded to the incident and described the verdict as arbitrary.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give this girl similar fate. Give her the death sentence. 10 years in UK and still need interpreter. An eye for a eye.

Student jailed after hiding 10kg of cannabis in suitcase
  • 8 January 2019

_105107562_zixianlong_sr_1.jpg
Image copyrightSTEWART ROBERTSONImage captionZixian Long was caught with 10kg of cannabis at Glasgow Airport on Hogmanay 2017
An Edinburgh University art student has been jailed for two years for trying to smuggle drugs worth £100,000 into Scotland in a suitcase.
Zixian Long, 21, was caught with 10kg of cannabis at Glasgow Airport on Hogmanay 2017.
Long was returning from Barcelona when she was stopped by Border Force officers who found the drugs in her shrink wrapped case.
She was convicted after a trial at Paisley Sheriff Court.
Long was found guilty of being "knowingly concerned in the fraudulent evasion of the prohibition on the importation of controlled drugs" by importing herbal cannabis through the airport on 31 December, 2017.
ADVERTISEMENT

She was also convicted of being "concerned in the supplying of a controlled drug" on the same date.
'Favour' for her mother
Det Con Alan Ferguson told the court the drugs haul was worth £100,000 if broken up for lower deals or £40,000 if bought wholesale.
Speaking through an interpreter Long, who moved to the UK about 10 years ago, said her mother had been approached online by someone who offered to pay her trip if she brought luggage back from Barcelona.

ADVERTISEMENT

She explained: "There was an opportunity to go to Barcelona for free and my mum asked me if I wanted to go with her."
Long said she and her mother went to "tourist attractions" in the city, including museums.
Her mother then asked her to bring a suitcase back, which was dropped off at their hotel by a Chinese man.
She explained: "She [my mother] said if I could bring this luggage back for them this time they would pay my trip.
"I wanted to do my mum a favour. I wasn't thinking too much.
"I just thought 'I'll help someone to take their luggage'.
"I am her only child and we have a tie of love with each other."
'Stain on character'
Defence Solicitor Advocate Maurice Smyth said Long's life had been devastated by her actions.
He explained: "The background of Miss Long is impeccable - she has no previous convictions or, even, the slightest brush with the law.
"She lives with her father who is a doctor and has a medical practice in Edinburgh."
Mr Smyth said the impact of the conviction could not be underestimated..
He added: "This is an horrific stain on the character of her family and on herself.
"Personally, socially and career-wise, the consequences of a conviction are so devastating she can't see any possibility of recovery for herself or for her family."
He asked Sheriff Tom McCartney to impose an alternative to a custodial sentence, but the judge ruled the case was too serious.
Long was jailed for two years, backdated to December when she was first remanded in custody.
The judge said: "Having regard to the quantity, the value and the potential value of the controlled drugs, I consider that no sentence other than a sentence of imprisonment is appropriate

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give this girl similar fate. Give her the death sentence. 10 years in UK and still need interpreter. An eye for a eye.

Student jailed after hiding 10kg of cannabis in suitcase
  • 8 January 2019

_105107562_zixianlong_sr_1.jpg
Image copyrightSTEWART ROBERTSONImage captionZixian Long was caught with 10kg of cannabis at Glasgow Airport on Hogmanay 2017
An Edinburgh University art student has been jailed for two years for trying to smuggle drugs worth £100,000 into Scotland in a suitcase.
Zixian Long, 21, was caught with 10kg of cannabis at Glasgow Airport on Hogmanay 2017.
Long was returning from Barcelona when she was stopped by Border Force officers who found the drugs in her shrink wrapped case.
She was convicted after a trial at Paisley Sheriff Court.
Long was found guilty of being "knowingly concerned in the fraudulent evasion of the prohibition on the importation of controlled drugs" by importing herbal cannabis through the airport on 31 December, 2017.
ADVERTISEMENT

She was also convicted of being "concerned in the supplying of a controlled drug" on the same date.
'Favour' for her mother
Det Con Alan Ferguson told the court the drugs haul was worth £100,000 if broken up for lower deals or £40,000 if bought wholesale.
Speaking through an interpreter Long, who moved to the UK about 10 years ago, said her mother had been approached online by someone who offered to pay her trip if she brought luggage back from Barcelona.

ADVERTISEMENT

She explained: "There was an opportunity to go to Barcelona for free and my mum asked me if I wanted to go with her."
Long said she and her mother went to "tourist attractions" in the city, including museums.
Her mother then asked her to bring a suitcase back, which was dropped off at their hotel by a Chinese man.
She explained: "She [my mother] said if I could bring this luggage back for them this time they would pay my trip.
"I wanted to do my mum a favour. I wasn't thinking too much.
"I just thought 'I'll help someone to take their luggage'.
"I am her only child and we have a tie of love with each other."
'Stain on character'
Defence Solicitor Advocate Maurice Smyth said Long's life had been devastated by her actions.
He explained: "The background of Miss Long is impeccable - she has no previous convictions or, even, the slightest brush with the law.
"She lives with her father who is a doctor and has a medical practice in Edinburgh."
Mr Smyth said the impact of the conviction could not be underestimated..
He added: "This is an horrific stain on the character of her family and on herself.
"Personally, socially and career-wise, the consequences of a conviction are so devastating she can't see any possibility of recovery for herself or for her family."
He asked Sheriff Tom McCartney to impose an alternative to a custodial sentence, but the judge ruled the case was too serious.
Long was jailed for two years, backdated to December when she was first remanded in custody.
The judge said: "Having regard to the quantity, the value and the potential value of the controlled drugs, I consider that no sentence other than a sentence of imprisonment is appropriate

No Mercy Pse! Firing Squad!

Fucking China gave concession to Chow Ang Moh Canada initially - fucking obvious! Should had shot the fucker at firing squad. Then they cancelled the Concession because Canada Kuai Lan.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canadian Court already sent this fucker drug trafficker to 2 yrs imprisonment in 2012! And still the fucking must deal with drugs, and go break drug trafficking law in China! Pse execute him ASAP!

Majullah Canada!

http://www.sohu.com/a/289184479_419342

可以,这很加拿大。

2019-01-15 18:52 叙利亚 /加拿大 /中国

因贩毒被依法判处死刑的谢伦伯格在加拿大就有过犯罪记录,法官在送他进监狱前对他说的话,现在看来意味深长。

1月14日,大连中级人民法院对加拿大籍被告人罗伯特·劳埃德·谢伦伯格走私毒品案依法进行一审公开开庭审理,谢伦伯格被依法判处死刑。

其实,在这之前,谢伦伯格在加拿大就有过犯罪记录,法官在送他进监狱前对他说的话,现在看来意味深长。

据加拿大广播电视公司(CBC)当地时间1月14日报道,2012年,谢伦伯格在加拿大法院被判处2年有期徒刑,罪名是以贩运为目的非法持有可卡因和海洛因等毒品。他的最终刑期是16个月零12天。

5749a0cfc257462ca16a85266ac2efb8.jpeg

谢伦伯格

当时审理他的案件的法官尼尔·布朗曾对他说:“你的国家值得你更好。你在世界上最适合居住的地方之一,你不是在利比亚或者叙利亚被抓。我没有证据证明你在童年受过虐待,我承认你有自己的挣扎,但你必须面对这些。毕竟,你不是只有18岁……”

布朗法官指出,谢伦伯格的父亲“因为他的犯罪史而背弃了他”,但仍然有一些成员没有放弃他:“你很幸运,有家人支持你,但千万不要低估这种罪行的严重性。”

2012年,当布朗准备把谢伦伯格送进监狱时,他告诉谢伦伯格,他正处于人生的关键时刻,希望他改过自新。

“他过去有过机会。他要么治愈自己的毒瘾,要么改过自新,要么放弃这条路,不管他有没有陷进去。”

布朗当时对谢伦伯格说:“你的基本任务是克服你的毒瘾,改变你的生活。我希望这是你最后一次出庭。”

根据报道,谢伦伯格的犯罪记录更早可以追溯到2003年2月,当时他因为非法交易而被判处6个月的监禁。

e6a2531a5a6e49a5a7a2616ded1dbfd4.jpeg

在14日,谢伦伯格被判处死刑后,他的家人没有做出回应。但据CBC报道,他的姑妈劳里·纳尔逊-琼斯(Lauri Nelson-Jones)称,这是“最坏的情况”。

她说:“无法想象,他现在的所思所想。这是一个可怕、不幸、令人心碎的局面。我们焦急地等待着有关上诉的任何消息。”

据大连市中级人民法院网站14日消息,在此次被判处死刑前,2018年11月20日,大连市中级人民法院一审以走私毒品罪判处谢伦伯格有期徒刑15年,并处没收个人财产人民币15万元,驱逐出境。谢伦伯格不服,提出上诉。

14日,加拿大总理特鲁多公开指责中国法院判处谢伦伯格死刑是一项“武断行为”。 据加拿大环球邮报1月14日报道,特鲁多声称,加拿大政府对谢伦伯格案件“极为关注”,强烈谴责中国决定实施死刑,指责中国“武断行事”,并表示加拿大政府将尽一切努力说服中国不要处决谢伦伯格。

他在内阁改组会议结束后的新闻发布会上公开讲话,“作为加拿大政府,我们对此极度关切,我们希望所有的国际友人及盟友也应如此,中国在面对这起加拿大人的案件上选择武断采用死刑。”

但就像《环球时报》14日社评所说,武断的是加拿大方面,而非大连法院。

中国刑法明确规定,涉嫌毒品犯罪行为的,符合相关情况可以被判处死刑。中国对毒品罪的规定一向严厉明确,过去外籍人士早有先例,对谢伦伯格的判决是中国司法主权的一次常态表现。

在今天(15日)的外交部例行记者会上,针对特鲁多的指责,中国外交部发言人华春莹表示,此话差矣。

我不知道加方有关人士讲这个话之前,有没有认真地读一读辽宁省大连市中级人民法院就此案发布的相关信息,有没有认真地学一学中国的有关法律。

华春莹说,大连市中级人民法院发布的相关信息十分具体和详尽,被告人谢伦伯格参与有组织的国际贩毒活动,伙同他人走私冰毒222.035千克,行为构成走私毒品罪。公诉机关指控的犯罪事实清楚,证据确实充分。

毒品犯罪是世界公认的严重罪行,社会危害极大,各国都予以严厉打击。中国同样对毒品犯罪严惩不贷。法律面前一律平等,这就是真正的法治精神。加方有关人士的言论缺乏最起码的法治精神,我们对此表示强烈不满,我们敦促加方尊重法治,尊重中国的司法主权,纠正错误,停止发表不负责任的言论。

Yes, this is very Canadian.
2019-01-15 18:52
Syria
/
Canada
/
China

Schellenberg, who was sentenced to death for drug trafficking, had a criminal record in Canada, and the judge’s words to him before he was sent to prison now seem to be meaningful.

On January 14, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court held a public trial of the Canadian defendant Robert Lloyd Schellenberg's drug smuggling case, and Schellenberg was sentenced to death.

In fact, before this, Schellenberg had a criminal record in Canada, and the judge said to him before sending him to prison, it now seems meaningful.

According to a report by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) on January 14, local time, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison in Canada for the illegal possession of drugs such as cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes. His final sentence is 16 months and 12 days.

Schellenberg

Judge Neil Brown, who was trying his case at the time, said to him: "Your country deserves you better. You are one of the best places to live in the world, you are not caught in Libya or Syria. I have no evidence. You have been abused in childhood, I admit that you have your own struggles, but you have to face them. After all, you are not only 18 years old..."

Judge Brown pointed out that Schellenberger’s father “turned him away because of his criminal history”, but there are still some members who have not given up on him: “You are very fortunate to have family support for you, but don’t underestimate the seriousness of this crime. ."

In 2012, when Brown was ready to send Schellenberg to prison, he told Schellenberg that he was at a critical moment in his life and hoped he would be rehabilitated.

"He has had an opportunity in the past. He either cures his drug addiction, either rehabilitates himself or gives up this path, whether he is stuck or not."

Brown said to Schellenberg at the time: "Your basic task is to overcome your addiction and change your life. I hope this is your last appearance."

According to reports, Schellenberg's criminal record dates back to February 2003, when he was sentenced to six months in prison for illegal transactions.

On the 14th, after Schellenberg was sentenced to death, his family did not respond. But according to CBC, his aunt, Lauri Nelson-Jones, said it was "the worst."

She said: "I can't imagine what he thinks and thinks. It's a terrible, unfortunate, heartbreaking situation. We are anxiously awaiting any news about the appeal."

According to the website of the Dalian Intermediate People's Court on the 14th, before the death sentence was imposed, on November 20, 2018, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court sentenced Schellenberg to 15 years in prison for smuggling drugs and confiscated personal property. 150,000 yuan, deported. Schellenberg refused to accept and appealed.

On the 14th, Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau publicly accused the Chinese court of sentenced Schlumberger to death as an "arbitrary act." According to the Canadian Global Mail report on January 14, Trudeau claimed that the Canadian government "very concerned" about the Schellenberg case, strongly condemned China's decision to impose the death penalty, accused China of "arbitrarily acting" and said that the Canadian government will make every effort to persuade. China does not want to execute Schellenberger.

He made a public speech at the press conference after the cabinet reorganization meeting. "As the Canadian government, we are extremely concerned about this. We hope that all international friends and allies should also be like this. China has chosen this Canadian case. Arbitrarily adopted the death penalty."

But as the "Global Times" 14th editorial said, it is the Canadian side, not the Dalian court.

The Chinese Criminal Law clearly stipulates that any suspected drug-related criminal act may be sentenced to death if it meets the relevant circumstances. China’s regulations on drug crimes have always been strict and clear. In the past, foreigners have precedents. The judgment against Schellenberger is a normal manifestation of China’s judicial sovereignty.

At the regular press conference of the Foreign Ministry today (15th), in response to Trudeau’s accusation, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said that this is a different story.

I don't know if the relevant person from Canada has said this before, has he carefully read the relevant information released by the Dalian Intermediate People's Court of Liaoning Province on this case, and has not seriously studied the relevant laws of China.

Hua Chunying said that the relevant information issued by the Dalian Intermediate People's Court was very specific and detailed. The defendant, Schellenberger, participated in organized international drug trafficking activities and smuggled 222.035 kilograms of ice toxic with others. The behavior constituted a crime of drug smuggling. The facts of the crimes alleged by the public prosecution agency are clear and the evidence is indeed sufficient.

Drug crimes are recognized as serious crimes in the world, and the society is extremely harmful. All countries have severely cracked down on them. China also severely punishes drug crimes. All before the law is equal, this is the true spirit of the rule of law. The Canadian people’s remarks lack the minimum spirit of the rule of law. We express our strong dissatisfaction. We urge Canada to respect the rule of law, respect China’s judicial sovereignty, correct mistakes, and stop publishing irresponsible remarks.